Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-20, 06:54 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Pam: I am so with you. I have had to turn off and tune out many times during the latest pandemic. Just for my own sanity!!! We totally understand that.

I haven't a lot to say either. So i'll do my check in and head on to the bike for today!!!

Waves to all.

5/7/2020: 90 minute Power Zone endurance ride with Matt + a stretch and 1.2 miles on the Elliptical

Supposed to get some cold temps and possible a little snow?!? Are you serious? Good grief.

Podcasts are doing well. I've listened to 4 so far (out of my 10 for the month) and I am enjoying them. I need to not stray from them. They are soooooooo good for me.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 06:39 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Today was basically a rest day. Just a few short dog walks in the rain.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 11:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

May 8
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Neighbourhood walk
~1 hour of yin...forward bends, gentle back bends, hip openers, prone twist, half saddle.

Cleda - Snow??? Much to late in the season for that, hope it doesn’t materialize! Yes media overload, whether it’s social or news, is a thing these days. You’ve been killing it on your bike, nicely done!

Lili & Kay - Love your dog walks. I miss having a dog and still keep subtly working on DH but so far he’s not giving an inch. Our son and his wife are getting a dog after they get settled in their new digs next month. Maybe that will soften DH up a bit, lol.

Helen - I’ve never done Solid Gold Cardio, but Christi’s Mission Possible used to be a fave of mine.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 04:41 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I don't do much social media to begin with, but I have definitely cut back on the news. It's just too much.
Hubby and I spent 45 minutes trying to get Les Mills to work on the TV. Very frustrating. I still don't know why the cable from iPad no longer works.

5/8 - 45 min Walk & Run with Becs. I was expecting more running, but it was still a good workout. I followed it with a 10 min. post run stretch.
5/9 - KCM's Cardio Pump, the pump workout. Then I tried a 20 min. Bike Groove with Cody. I have very mixed feelings about this one, not my favorite soundtrack, Cody seemed to be yelling at me, and it seems like all of the 20 min. workouts try to fit 60 min. of intensity in them. I just wanted to try a Groove ride, not kill myself!

We are attempting a zoom game night with our kids tonight. It should be fun. We miss seeing them so much.
Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 07:43 PM  
Helen

LILI
When tech fails, annoyance steps up to fill the void. Hope it plays nicely for the zoom game.
I like to ignore the FitBit movement reminders - makes me feel defiant. It's pretty-much the only naughtiness I have left in my life.

PAM
Buddy & I are intending to do Happy Hour, Solid Gold Cardio, & Totally Hot Cardio maybe monthly (?) to learn the routines solidly, to get that wonderful 'flow' feeling.
Her old CIA 9801 Double Impact is known as very complex, for Christi!, so we'll leave that one... for now.
Every time I see your avatar, I mentally note to try it - and my mind does "Squirrels!" as soon as I leave the computer.
BUT I've pulled out an old laptop specifically to have in the gym. It has MS Access on it, so I can enter weights I use etc...
Maybe I'll use it to checkin straight after a workout (how efficient of me) - THEN I might remember to try a headstand. We'll see how it goes.....

Waves to CLEDA & KAY for now.... hearing the girls stirring downstairs...

Fri-8-May
Dog walk, 60min

Sat-9-May
morning dog walk, 30min
Christi - Totally Hot Cardio, 47min with buddy
Couch-5k Week 1 x2 ~50min, NHS version with Laura + Chubby Jones version with Mia 6km, with Alice

Sun 10-May
morning dog walk, 50min
.... hoping more will happen....
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 12:03 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

May 9
Today was supposed to be a planned rest day, but didn’t turn out that way
~Neighbourhood walk
~Functional fitness cleaning....not my favourite way to get exercise in....sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry. Normally DH vacuums and I follow behind with the steam mop but he was doing yard & garden stuff. In any case, I shall relax tomorrow!
~1 hour of therapeutic neck stretches with my “torture devices” , and some lovely relaxing yin....reclined leg stretches, hip openers, gentle back bends

Happy Mother’s Day!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 05-10-20, 07:33 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - hubby walked in while I was posting yesterday and wanted to know what the contraption is in your avatar. It’s a headstand helper?
Helen - I’ll have to check for Christi on YouTube. I do have many of her older CIA’s, but I boxed all my CIAs when I started painting the workout space. I need some variety right now.

Instead of Zoom, we used HouseParty last night. It was fun! We played some games, then just chatted until way too late. Today may be a rest day for me. I’ll see how I feel after I’ve had a good nap.

Enjoy your Mother’s Day!

Old 05-10-20, 08:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

OH EM GEE ... thank heavens I did a copy ......

I had typed this all out, something went wonky with the forum. I did a quick copy. Thank heavens. If cyber heaven got this? I would not have redone it.

The sun is out, so I'm enjoying it. Hey - to me? an excuse to do whatever I want (which is what i usually do anyway!) Only today I have a reason to say, "Hey - it's my day." ... lol

Morning everyone. Spending some time on the computer, catching up, doing emails, reading, etc. My kind of morning.

Winding down my Power Zone challenge. Only a week left, before 2 of recess. I have my testing (FTP) should I choose to do it next week. Not sure I want to. But I"ll see how I feel next week. I'm still moving along, sweating and improving.

Lili: everyone who likes Cody's classes LOVES him. I'm not so big on him. I don't know why. Maybe cuz everyone else loves him so much? I just can't seem to click with his classes. I should probably take more than just one or two!!! Yep - don't kill me in 20 minutes thank you very much. That's why I tend to go to the low impact rides when I only have a short amount of time. I have noticed though, after doing PZ training? all the other rides are easy. I can adjust them however I want and it doesn't matter. very strange. I like the challenges, they keep me focused and "training". the other rides I then consider "FUN RIDES".

Helen:
Every time I think (picture) some Of Christie's stuff in my mind - I go back to the broken wrist. I wonder if I'll ever do step aerobics again?? I dunno. (and I do mean that seriously). I used to do one of her hi/los all the time. But ... not into any complex choreography that will cause me to stumble. (Says the woman who dropped a rubbermaid container of frozen navy bean soup on her leg last night and sat all night for 20 mins. on/20 mins. off with an ice pack to keep the bruising at a minimum. GRACE is not my middle name).

Pam: We are dogless since March? (I think it's march, maybe february) for the first time in almost 40 years and I have to say: I DO NOT MISS IT. I do miss having the dog "around" but not the schedule, the having to get home early/on time to take them out, walking them, etc. No thanks. I'm done. NO MORE DOGS. PERIOD. I will not go back on that. We have the cats though, so we are not pet-less. Besides, I live vicariously through all the ladies here and their dog walking tales. (or is that tails?)

Waves to Kay!!!

Let's see ... on to me, me, me:

5/8/2020: 45 minute PZ ride with Matt, 30 minutes PZ ride with Olivia, 2 stretches, Live from home Run/walk (30 minutes) with Becs

5/9/2020:
30 minute PZ ride with Matt (this week's rides ~ week 7 ~ are complete now) and then I did a "fun" ride. 30 minute Lizzo ride with Robin Arzon + stretching. I didn't even know who Lizzo was until Peloton.

Peloton has started a scavenger hunt type thing to earn badges. It runs for 4 weeks (I think) and you have to check their instagram page for clues on what workouts to do. This week was a "Lizzo" ride. I probably never would have taken it if not prompted by earning a badge. So they do know what they're doing to keep it fun.

No plans for today, but the sun is out, so I'll do my "Sundays With Love" rides with Nancy, my mile walk (maybe outside?)

Yesterday was CRAZY cold and windy. With snow squalls. Bizarre. We were supposed to be in Philly for our Pokemon Event (Safari Zone) but of course, that didn't happen. And as cold as it was? I'm kinda happy about that. We still got some "Special" catches and they had the pokemon available to find for those of us who had tickets. AND we get to go to the event when they reschedule it. (Not that I"m eager to get out with thousands of my closest pokemon players.) lol ....

Happy Mother's Day to those it applies.
Have a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 03:58 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Just got back from a 2.5 mile dog walk. We just had to get out in this nice weather, especially after yesterday's chill. That will probably be it for me.

Cleda - I'll give Cody another chance. I try not to judge by 1 workout. And it could just have been my mood.

Old 05-10-20, 07:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

May 10
Today was a recovery day of sorts for me:
~Neighbourhood walk - It was warm & sunny, no jacket required
~Ellen’s Yoga Tone - This is perfect for a gentle day, stretchy with a little weight work

Cleda - That is crazy weather! I have to admit I don’t miss the early morning and late night canine pee breaks.... It’s been 8 years since we lost our last dog. I might be just fine getting my dog fix from DS & DIL’s pooch.

Lili - Yes my avatar is a headstand bench. I love going to yoga classes when I travel & I went to a few classes in the UK last summer where they used the Feet Up Trainer. Mine is a basic Knock off version that I found used for $20 (vs $200 for a new Feet Up). I really like it!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn