Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-30-20, 08:53 PM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up May 2020 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 10:37 PM  
lynnf

not quite May, but only a walk for me on the last day of the month.

Cheryl, my dentist says the mouth guard doesn't completely stop grinding sadly. I am so sorry that you are not getting any work these days. I feel so bad for everyone losing income and jobs -- it is just terrible. Hoping things work out for your DH. I am very lucky that my work, crazy as the situation is, is still functioning and paying. I do fear for the safety of the whole situation, but I am going to be able to work from home so I will be ok no matter what, so that is amazingly good.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 07:38 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I forgot to mention that Ms. Connie had a scan and blood work done this week. She got a good report. I'm not sure about the level of cancer but they said it was a good report. The tests were to determine if the last round of chemo and radiation worked. So I will report what we were told.

Cheryl Did I mention that I lost my original mouth guard when we went out of town at Christmas? I couldn't believe it! I know I threw it away. I didn't realize it until we went to bed that evening. I cleaned it and then put it in a paper towel on the counter in the hotel room. I remember cleaning off the counter. Until we got home, I made it a point to keep my tongue on the roof of my mouth. Sounds crazy but you can't bite or grind like that. I also tried to make sure I did that at night. I know you do other things subconsciously as you sleep but I kept that idea in my mind. My mouth guard was professionally done by the dentist. I went to Walmart and bought a .97 sports mouth guard and did the boil and fit like instructed. I have been doing fine with that so far. It's a lot thicker than what I was used to using. But at least I'm not damaging my teeth. It did take a while to get used to it. Praying for your DH's interview today.

Last night: Basic stretches
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay healthy, and a great start to your weekend!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-01-20, 12:50 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 04:52 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thanks for starting our month! I don't grind my teeth, in fact I usually have my mouth open when I sleep. My ENT has noticed that the insides of my cheeks look bitten and opined that I grind my teeth. I was offended & felt falsely accused. I noticed that sometimes when I'm falling sleep my jaw snaps shut and the molars clip the insides of my cheeks. But I know my dentist would have seen tooth damage if I did grind.

Thinking of Cheryl's DH and hoping for the best.

Check0in: 45 minute oceanview walk. Local order for everyone to wear a mask when outside is being 90% flouted from what I've seen on the rec path.
Also a short ab session and 17 pushups. I started yesterday with 15, inspired by a rerun of the Livestrong challenge. I saw no point in starting with 3, though.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 10:05 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Close to 12,000 steps today

I need to make a decision about my weights. I don't have room for multiple weights. I can probably keep 5's & 8's. I'm thinking about some sort of adjustable weight set or even sticking with bands. Decisions, decisions.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-02-20, 06:17 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Today is another work day at the shop. We have some extra people coming in to help. Hopefully we can make make a dent in things. I'm thinking we are a little over 1/3 of the way. Our final day to get things done is May 14.

Last night: Basic stretches
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay healthy, and a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-02-20, 09:22 AM  
seabliss

I didn't work out yesterday because I was busy recording, and then we had family movie night. My old drummer is adding a part via video to my recording from where he is now in northern CA, and then I'll sync up the videos and put it up. That will be a learning curve but I'll figure it out!

Diana, I left my mouthguard in a hotel once too! And I left my glasses once. That was terrible. I use this mouthguard. It's hard plastic on the outside and moldable on the inside, and you wear it on the bottom. I bite through anything else. This one is like the ones dentists provide, I guess.

Lynn, I know I still grind, but I can't figure out how my teeth in the back are touching. I can't make them touch with the guard in no matter how I move my mouth around. Sometimes I wake up and I can tell they were clenching back there because they hurt so bad, but I don't know how it happened. But my bite is so bad that only the teeth in the far back right side touch in my whole mouth when I eat. I need to get braces to correct my bite, sigh. I have broken my teeth and roots. The bite issue definitely causes at least some of the grinding too, my dentist says.

I have to work out today as I've missed some, so I'll be back later!

Diana, also, keep your weights for now --they are impossible to find anywhere. You can decide later. I have a small rack that I got on Amazon. It helps keep my weights stacked high in a small place. Maybe that would work for you?
Old 05-02-20, 03:12 PM  
seabliss

Back to check in with Jessica's Strictly Strength and a mile walk. I realized I did do some working out yesterday as I took a walk and did a lot of lower body Pilates moves while DH and I were watching Netflix last night. My body reminded me when I started today's workout.

Hope you are having a great day!
Old 05-02-20, 04:57 PM  
Diana3271

I checked on Linda and she is doing fine.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana