Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-20, 10:16 AM  
cherimac

JV Full Body Pilates Barre

Nice workout, a bit of cardio with it. I'm really enjoying the cross-training I am getting. I had gotten into a rut with only Pilates. I love, love it, but needed to mix things up a wee bit. Once I started working it was just easy to keep doing what I'd been doing without thinking, ya know?

Christine~praying Joe is better. I'm so glad you are doing what works for your body!

Donna~I told you part of that Pilates workout was challenging! I think Jessica cues breathing better than anyone else I've tried.

Carol~I think GA and TX are very similar with their viral impacts right now. And yes, it sounds like the President listened to others.

Waves to Linda, Brenda, and Dana!
Old 04-17-20, 11:58 AM  
furmomof6

DH and I went for a long walk today. It's so crazy that there's snow in the forecast for tonight into tomorrow. My brother is doing the same today - no better, but no worse.

Cheri, it does feel good to cross train a little! I feel the same way.

Donna, I've been wondering about Linda too and hope she's okay.

Carol, I'm glad to hear a positive ending for that man you mentioned. Let us know when you hear from Linda.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 03:12 PM  
furmomof6

Checking back in with,

Kathy Smith: Total Body Turnaround Circuit

I need to stay off Facebook! I saw another add for Kathy Smith's "Fit over 40" 2 week plan. Of course I had to look into it and since it's free, I decided to download it. I tried this workout, and I really liked it! It was 20 minutes of alternating cardio and strength. The workouts range from 10-20 minutes with a 45 minute walking audio workout. I think I may follow the calendar starting Monday, combined with walking. I used to love Kathy Smith back in the day!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 04-17-20, 03:39 PM  
donnamp

Sounds good, Christine. I think I downloaded that at one point too. Kathy is a classic! I'm glad your brother is holding steady - prayers continued for him!

Cheri - I like the cross training too! Maybe you needed different workouts when you were on your feet all day at work vs. now. I always learn a little something different from each instructor - so I guess that is my justification for having *ahem* 3 active Pilates subscriptions right now...(Jessica, Trifecta, and Blessful Body!)

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America # 2- California (You Tube)
Trifecta Pilates - Pilates Kick Start - Stretch

Hopefully the weather will clear and we can walk outside later. Interestingly, my DD learned that a girl she is friendly with in her art and English class literally lives 3 doors down from us! We found out b/c everyone is going out for walks. It seems like this is building neighborhoods again - so I guess that is some sort of bright spot in all of this.

I sure hope Linda is ok.

Christine - I hope your brother is doing well.

I saw that Miranda Esmonde-White - Classical Stretch/Essentrics had an unconfirmed case of COVID. She is doing a wellness challenge later this month, I will probably join in - I felt good when I did the January challenge.

Hope everyone has a good day

Donna
Old 04-18-20, 08:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

B]Dog Walk[/B] - 30 minutes;
Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 3: Barre Sculpt - 30 minutes

I went a little bit rogue on Jessica - the rotation called for a couple of segments from the Total Body Balance DVD, or 2 YT segments totaling 45 minutes and neither option looked appealing, so I did the Barre Sculpt workout from WS3. I hadn't ever done this one before - it moved pretty fast, just a bit faster than I like. Not a bad workout though, I think I was just in a negative mood yesterday.

As expected, at least by those of us at my School, our Governor canceled in school learning for the remainder of the school year. It was disappointing, and I suspect it could increase dissatisfaction among our tuition-paying parents. (And increase uncertainty about what year will look like) He also put forth a cautious plan to "re-open" things very slowly, which is good, but I do think there is a fair amount of civil disobedience churning below the surface of things. We will see how it goes. In my part of Texas, we are still having a fair number of new cases daily, and there is not a ton of testing, so it's hard to know what the picture really looks like.

FYI - I have not heard anything from Linda.

Donna - I think you are spot on in your assessment of the effect of lifting restrictions too soon, as well as what the future may hold for us until a vaccine is developed. Isn't that funny about your DD learning her friend/acquaintance lives so close? I have neighbors that I don't know what they look like because we all have rear-entry garages and some of them never go out their front doors. I saw that about Miranda Esmonde-White. Where in California was Jenny stepping?

Christine - At least Kathy's stuff was free! Hopefully she isn't whooping too much on the videos. Still praying for your brother. We had snow on the ground two mornings earlier this week. And today it's supposed to be in the 70s. Go figure!

Cheri - Changing things is always good, but sometimes hard to do. It's easy to get in a rut. Yes, Texas and Georgia seem to be similar in their case numbers, etc. right now, as well as the population's mindset. I'm glad I'm not in Michigan where things seem to be in an uproar much of the time.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 10:05 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

I'm not sure what I'll do today. It's gloomy with a snow/rain mix going on, so I'm not very motivated. I'll check back in after I decide and get it done!

My brother updated today that they took him off of oxygen to see how he does on his own. I'm thankful for that, as he continues to head in the right direction. He said he still has zero energy, but must persist in his exercises.

Donna, I do think there have been a number of positive things to come out of this mess. It's nice to hear those stories.

Carol, ha ha - there was no whooping! I forgot about that. I'm sorry about the schools remaining closed for the year. I suspect that will happen in NY too. We are on stay at home orders until 5/15, so I wonder if there's even a point in sending kids back for a month? I doubt they will, as they're planning to reopen in phases.

Still praying Linda is okay!

Waves to Brenda & Cheri!

Old 04-18-20, 11:32 AM  
cherimac

Happy Saturday! This is my first Saturday workout since I went full-time last March. I work 3/4 Saturdays a month so that was easy to let go.

PN Classic Pilates Flow
Classical Pilates kicks my booty and gets me sweating a bit, so I need to do that more. I will also walk too.

Christine~iIt's easy to get caught up in all the free/low fee content right now. It sounds like good news for Joe.

Carol~schools were canceled for the rest of the year here at the beginning of April when the first statewide shelter in place went into effect.

Donna~cueing is key for Pilates, and I agree that everyone teaches just a bit different so you get different things from different instructors.
Old 04-18-20, 01:06 PM  
donnamp

Christine - that is good news about your brother!

It looks like it is clearing up here finally.

I'm still trying to get caught up on work but I think I'll break for a walk.

Donna
Old 04-18-20, 08:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were:

GHUTV - One Mile Power Walk - 15 minutes;
Jessica Smith - Walk On: 5 Fat Burning Miles - Strong Feet & Ankles and Strong Knees & Hips - 30 minutes;
Dog Walk - 30 minutes

Tomorrow is a rest day for Jessica's rotation, so I've officially made it through a week of the rotation. Impressive, for me.

Nothing from Linda.

Christine - we had a few gloomy days early in the week, but it's back to sunshine and near 70, thank goodness. It's sure easier to be cheery when the weather is sunny and warm. It sounds like your brother is headed in the right direction! Great news!

Donna - Sorry you had to work today. I almost did that - I have a quarterly sales tax return due Monday - but I figure I can get that done first thing Monday.

Cheri - I don't think I've ever done that one. I suspect it's a bit tougher than Smriti's regular stuff and that's why I've avoided it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote