Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-12-20, 06:00 AM  
donnamp

Carol I will buy Season 13, too! I felt really good when I did the 30 day challenge and then, of course, exercise ADD struck and I stopped doing it.

Gilad has a 21 day challenge of his 30th anniversary workouts - I think I will follow it - only 20 minutes a day plus my 20 min of CS....and on days when I have more time I can add in a walk or something.

Simple seems the way to go these days!

Although, I may do Jessica's Spring Challenge at some point...but, like Brenda, I seem to like the concept of a rotation better than the follow through!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 12:29 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
TBL: Pilates Reformer with Ball

I had purchased this program when Robin was having her Black Friday sale, and this was my first time trying it. It was a good workout, but I just wasn't that into it.

Donna, I am very affected by the time change too. It has been SO hard to get out of bed.

Carol, it's definitely not as nice today being overcast, but the dog and I were happy to get out!

Brenda, I'm concerned about the elderly too. One of my brothers has emphysema so I think of him as well. Most of the nursing homes here are not allowing visitors anymore which makes me upset. I understand the decision behind it, but I feel so heartbroken for them.

Cheri, hope you can chat today!

Waves Dana and Linda!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 06:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were

Dog Walk - 20 minutes;
Jessica Smith - WS2: Poise & Grace - 35 minutes

Boy that Jessica Smith workout was sure sneaky - I was sweating like crazy and had to stop for breaks, even using just 2 lb weights.

Today is our last day before spring break. I am so looking forward to a break of any kind, although I'm sure I will be monitoring all the virus news - local and national - over the break. Some states are having complete 3 week closures for their schools - ours is not one of those states. It would make things oh so much easier if it were. Today is sure to be a wild day at school - as every day this week has been.

I am going to miss March Madness, big time. I loved the tournament - my favorite sporting event all year long, by far.

Donna - I think I saw where your state is shuttering its schools for the next 3 weeks. My son's college is moving most of its classes to online, although they haven't officially announced a closure yet, other than saying there would be no May graduation ceremonies. They are buying time to make a more informed decision by extending spring break (which starts today) to March 25th.

Christine - I know what you mean about the nursing homes. It's so sad for the folks in them - I'm sure the CDC is advising that move. Hopefully the staff inside will up their game to keep things on a positive note.

Waves to everyone ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 09:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Things are crazy here - schools are closed starting Monday and will remain closed at least through March 27th. I think we will be teleworking during that time, too - although no official word was given about that yet.

Churches here are also closing - since one outbreak was traced back to a church.

Anyway - I'm not a terrible alarmist but I am going to attempt to limit my outings except for essentials. I guess better safe than sorry. From what I understand from reading about it - is that the concern is not so much the virus but the ability of the healthcare system to handle a mass outbreak. I did read that 80% of the cases are mild and will resolve without treatment/intervention.

Soo...that is where we are here!

On the workout front - I did Ellen's Super Fast Body Blast this morning - I needed some estrogen after Gilad's testosterone! LOL! I did do Gilad's 30th anniversary workout # 2 last night!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 09:48 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Gold Walk & Sculpt 2 - 45min. Energetic and fairly tough but enjoyable workout. I'm really liking my GHUTV subscription and oh, so worth the $16/year I paid for it. I've learned how to modify certain moves and I'm definitely benefiting from consistent strength training.

ePilates Arms & Back - 26min. Another great workout that made my back feel great. My arms also got a good workout, particularly triceps.

Basil was very quiet last night and I got a rare uninterrupted night's sleep. Makes all the difference. I'm also finding that the chamomile tea helps me fall asleep quickly and keeps me asleep all night....provided Basil lets me.

Waves to all!
Old 03-13-20, 11:51 AM  
furmomof6

Shaped by Faith: Pilates for the Soul

Dana, I'm going to try that chamomile tea at night! I'm glad Basil let you sleep.

Carol and Donna, hooray for spring breaks! I'm sure everyone will feel better at home right now.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 03-13-20, 09:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Rest day yesterday. Today was Tracie Long Sig Series #2; CS 1017 "Prev/relief shin splints". These two accidentally worked well together. Love both new Tracie workouts. I pretty much like all her workouts though.

I have finished all the main yoga retreat workouts. I give the set a thumbs up. I have something to work towards and workouts to continue to enjoy. They aren't the only yoga DVDs I have but I will continue to return to those.

Christine the long term isolation people can face if quarantined and lose loved ones is daunting to think about. I'm not sure what the right answers are.

Donna balancing Gilad with Donna made me laugh. Your approach of limiting outings is exactly where I'm at in my mindset.

Dana good sleep is more valuable than gold. Wish I appreciated it more when I was younger.

Carol I can't figure out the rational of continuing school buses and lunch room eating of K-12 if we have to cancel college in person classes and events?

My friends who are teachers are so stressed. One told me of a teacher who was keeping all his windows and doors open because he wanted there to be air because he was afraid of his students. They were afraid he was going to have a nervous breakdown he was stressing them out so much.

Waves to Brenda and Cheri!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 08:18 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me yesterday. I was exhausted when I got home from School.

Our Spring Break was starting yesterday and after we finished surveying our parents' travel plans for Spring Break, we were very worried - many of our parents were travelling internationally and many more were travelling domestically. We met with the Executive Committee of our Board of Trustees and they made the decision to close for an additional two weeks after the Break. The rest of the day was spent figuring out the details and the messaging. We've scheduled a couple of professional days on the 23rd and 24th - so teachers can finish getting their remote learning modules online - but other than that, we will be home until at least April 6th.

We have no confirmed cases in the area, but with all the family travel over the Break, we were worried about containment of the virus once everyone came back to school. We are the first in the area to close, so we will probably be accused of overreacting, but honestly our Board was worried about protecting the health of our faculty and staff - I would guess maybe 25% of us are in that elevated risk group that you see being talked about when coronavirus is mentioned. Other factors that you don't even think about - we didn't have the right kind of masks for front office staff to put on when sick kids came in; our suppliers are having trouble getting the disinfectant for our hand santiziers; we simply didn't have the personnel to continue to manage this crisis - we are a small admin staff and I've done practically nothing but coronavirus stuff for the last 2 weeks. I am 100% in agreeement with their decision, although I hate that it is necessary.

Talk about a quick way to damage the economy! I can't even imagine all the harm this is doing.

Linda - I know. You see lots of schools making free/reduced lunches available, despite the closures, because so many kids depend on schools for their food, rather than their parents. I don't know how we got there as a country, but it is beyond sad.

Donna - Like you, I'm not going to be out and about, unless I just have to. Why run the risk?

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 11:51 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol they made the right decision by erring on the side of caution. It's hard to regret that later

Today was Tracie SS#2 mobility; Cathe Drill max Scrambled Cardioblast premix. I may end up memorizing those mobility moves and squeezing them in before every workout, lol.

I have to decide what limitations on activity to place on my free spirited independent DD. Going to be hard.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 05:54 PM  
furmomof6

My exercise today was some spring cleaning around the house, and a walk.

Carol, sounds like the right decision to me. I pray for the economy!

Linda, I feel so bad for that teacher, having no hope to be that fearful.

Dana, I bought some chamomile tea! I can't wait to have some tonight before bed.