Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-20, 11:00 AM  
antbuko

I started using a Japanese sunscreen too. It doesn't cast and it doesn't break me out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-29-20, 01:00 PM  
suzannaerin

Carol, sorry to hear your appointment is canceled. It's going to be a little creepy going in there, with all the restrictions!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 01:03 PM  
Carol K

Suzanne, you should see my hair! I can't wait to get in there, creepy or not. Anyway, salons can open in Chicago on June 3, so I'll be able to keep my June 20 appointment at the latest. I'm so glad I always make two appointments at a time.
Old 05-29-20, 01:52 PM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
It looks as though the sunscreen I have used on my face everyday for the past twenty-some years has been discontinued. I used Clinique Super City Block pretty much exclusively since my early twenties and absolutely loved it.

The reviews for the replacement, Clinique Superdefense SPF 50, are generally not good. Trying to decide if I should find out for myself or move on to something else. I have read good reviews for Shiseido and La Roche Posay. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good face sunscreen that can be worn everyday? This is one area I don't mind splurging if the product is worth it.
It looks like you can still buy the Super City Block on Amazon - probably until it runs out.

I have used - and liked - that one too. But nowadays I'm loving Paula's Choice Essential Glow Moisturizer SPF. It's not cheap, but probably comparable to the Clinique price point.

https://milled.com/paulas-choice/the...5lSwP2xhlwQU5A
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 05:43 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I started using a Japanese sunscreen too. It doesn't cast and it doesn't break me out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've heard good reviews of that one too!
Old 05-31-20, 11:44 AM  
suzannaerin

Wanted to report on my salon visit yesterday. It was the second day that Northern Virgina entered "Phase One." Honestly, I was a bit nervous about it. My stylist is a one-woman shop in Sola Salons, and she usually does one client at a time. My husband usually goes in with me---she does my highlight and while I "cook," she cuts his hair and I'm ready for rinse/wash/cut.
My husband had to wait in the car, which was fine. I was her first appointment of the day, she came out and out me, sent me to the bathroom to wash my hands (they converted that bathroom door to "no hands," you use your foot to open it), and then she did my hair, we were both fully masked.
The State required she take training in sanitizing and she had a certificate in her office. She said she had to clean everything with hospital grade solution between clients.
When I was finished, I had to use hand sanitizer before I left the building and after she sanitized, she came out to get my husband.
I actually felt more protected there than I do going to work at my Federal office!
I got it cut super short and got highlights. It was uplifting to have a modicum of "normalcy" and to actually go somewhere other than work. The only buildings I'd been in since mid March are my home and work!
Old 05-31-20, 12:55 PM  
Carol K

You must feel so much better, Suzanne. I got a long e-mail from my salon yesterday, explaining all the rules in detail. There will be only one stylist and one client in the salon at a time. I'll have to call them when I get there and wait in the car until they call me back. They will take my temperature and i'll have to sanitize my hands and sign a document saying I have no covid symptoms. I can't bring in personal belongings except my phone and method of payment. If I have a jacket, it will go in a bag. There will be no water or magazines. Salons were supposed to open in Chicago on June 3, but now with the violence that's been going on, that's in doubt. I'm sort of glad my appointment isn't until the 20th.
Old 06-01-20, 09:32 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
You must feel so much better, Suzanne. I got a long e-mail from my salon yesterday, explaining all the rules in detail. There will be only one stylist and one client in the salon at a time. I'll have to call them when I get there and wait in the car until they call me back. They will take my temperature and i'll have to sanitize my hands and sign a document saying I have no covid symptoms. I can't bring in personal belongings except my phone and method of payment. If I have a jacket, it will go in a bag. There will be no water or magazines. Salons were supposed to open in Chicago on June 3, but now with the violence that's been going on, that's in doubt. I'm sort of glad my appointment isn't until the 20th.
Sounds like your guidelines are similar to ours. I didn't take anything inside with me. It is a relief to cut it off (I wasn't as concerned about the color), but had there not been such strict guidelines, we would have likely canceled the visit.

You will lucky to have a couple weeks to see how things go before your appointment. I'll keep my fingers crossed that infection/death rates continue to decline. Illinois has been hit really hard.
Old 06-01-20, 09:37 AM  
Carol K

Yes, but our cases have been falling. The mayor wouldn't have scheduled a reopening date if our numbers weren't looking good. However, that could all be for naught, because of the riots this weekend. Don't even know if we'll reopen on the 3rd now.
Old 06-01-20, 02:16 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Yes, but our cases have been falling. The mayor wouldn't have scheduled a reopening date if our numbers weren't looking good. However, that could all be for naught, because of the riots this weekend. Don't even know if we'll reopen on the 3rd now.
I hope you're okay where you're at. My sister's on the north side and things were "okay" there last we heard from her Saturday night (she called because she was worried my mom would freak out when she turned on the news). They started keeping the front entrance to her building locked though and it was all helicopters and sirens and plumes of smoke in the not-so-far distance apparently Saturday night.
adawn is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2020, beauty vlogs