Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-31-20, 01:46 PM  
Jules

Hello! We had a bad storm this morning with high winds. Our internet went down for a couple hours so I did a DVD workout: Cathe's Muscle Endurance.

Yesterday I did 90 minutes of BodyCombat. I sure am feeling it in my lats and shoulders today!

Tuesday is my daughter's 8th grade graduation celebration. Our rural school is K-8 and so she went there for 9 years! We are lucky that we are still able to have the celebration even though guests are limited. I am about to head in to help set things up. Tomorrow I will get balloons for the drive-by celebration in the parking lot for folks who can't attend the actual graduation. Looks like the weather will be good that day, thank goodness!

Stay safe everyone!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 03:55 PM  
Jules

It's my daughter's 8th grade graduation celebration today! We already attended the drive-by celebration at the school and the weather was perfect! It went so well that they might make this a new tradition.

The formal graduation is in a couple of hours, and then all the kids are going bowling tonight since the bowling alleys were allowed to reopen here yesterday.

I saw that LMOD released The Trip #19, so I tried it out today. It is space-themed. It is only about 40 minutes long, so an easier day for me.

Yesterday I did Cathe's Hardcore High/Low Intervals. It is a 73 minute remix of Imax 3, Low Max and Kick Max.
Old 06-03-20, 11:05 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi you guys. I'm sorry I have been so MIA. Last week was just too tough and I just didn't get online much. Hardly even checked my email. But made it though and today is another day. REALLY hard to accept that Mom is gone. We talked on the phone all the time and I miss that. But I had saved some of her voicemails on my phone over the last couple of years so I can still hear her voice telling me she loves me. It's hard.

But gotta carry on. Head up, wipe the tears. Mom would not want me to be so sad.

I have still be working out. Kept my mind off the pain.
Last week I did LIS Total Body Trisets Total Body Mix. Long and tough but it felt great. I also did Body Max 2 which was WICKED!!! I had never done that one at all and was a sweaty mess.
The rest of last week was a mix of yoga and a Turbo Kick. I was just mentally tired.

This week has been fun. But I must admit I'm not thrilled with the Cathe LIS set. I've had these for a while and I do like many of them but not my favs.

Monday I did LIS Athletic Training. Good stuff but lots of compound moves that I'm not fond of. But still decent workout!

Tuesday I did a way oldie..Tracey Staehle Part Upper and Glute Camp. It has been AGES since I did those and had no recollection of them at all so kind of new. With heavy weights these are actually challenging and fun. Tracey uses a lot of different rep patterns and slight twists on the moves. It was really good.

Today I pulled out Body Combat #30. I needed something fierce with punches which always make me feel better.

I hope everyone is still well and safe. Geez, the times we live in! Virus', riots. Just take care!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 11:19 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi again!
I did Cathe's Drill Max today was really quite good. I had it ages ago. Last did it in 2012 when I was overweight and couldn't handle any impact. I ended up trading it and haven't had it since. Well I got it back and today was fun! I used my 10s and 15s for my light and heavy weights. Cathe uses 3, 5, 10s. Just too light for me. I did have to slow down the rep speed on the planks with weights but otherwise just went for it. More fun than I thought!

Hope everyone is still doing well! HUGS!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 06-04-20, 01:40 PM  
Jules

Hi Kate! I am so glad to hear you are keeping up with your workouts. I wish life were easier for you right now. I hope the exercise helps. Drill Max is one of my favorites! BodyMax 2 is also a fave - I love the upper body segment on the stability ball.

I took the dog for a walk yesterday but I was feeling pretty wiped out after all the activities on Tuesday so I didn't do a formal workout. My allergies are acting up this week too. I am planning to exercise today but I have not decided what I will do yet. Probably a BodyPump.

Hugs and waves!
Old 06-05-20, 10:31 PM  
fatkat555

Hi, Kate and Jules!

Kate - again, my sincere condolences on losing your mom. {{{hugs}}}

Drive-by post: I’m getting prepared for a tropical storm after just getting cleaned up My downstairs studio from the last flooding rain storm. My girls had their birthday celebration yesterday so I spent 3 days getting ready for that as well. I did a barre class this morning and I’ll teach/take another tomorrow. Will check in a Sunday.

Keep up the great workouts

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:55 PM  
Jules

Hi Ladies! Not much to report here. We are experiencing a cool, rainy weather pattern right now, and I may start a new jigsaw puzzle. Friday I did Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio. Yesterday I was about to work out and the power went out thanks to a squirrel wreaking havoc in the local substation. Power did not come on for 3 hours, so I read a book instead. I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse vampire series a couple weeks ago and am on book 2.

Today I did Susan Chung's RapidFire Results Remixed. This workout is deceptively tough and the ab work always gives me DOMS. Unfortunately I am nursing a little tendonitis in the arch of my left foot. I also strained something in my right glute/hamstring. Nothing horrible, but I should really start doing that yoga I keep talking about before things gets worse. It's really hard for me to cut back on the high impact stuff since I how I feel when I do it.

Tomorrow I actually have to go to work in person. The entire staff is doing a good behavior training. On Tuesday I will go back in to do my end of the year checkout. Yay! What a strange school year it has been.

Fatkat: I bet the b-day party was fun! How old are your girls? I hope the storm doesn't do much damage. Take care!
Old 06-08-20, 10:31 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Monday...I think. LOL...the days just kind of blur together. Still hoping to get hired back soon.

Fatkat: I hope you are ok with that storm rolling in. Be careful. Every time I see something going on in NO I think of you. Glad you had a good party.

Jules: Life is tough but that's what life is all about I think. That Susan Chung workout sounds good. I love tough ab work! No rain here...it's dry, dry, dry! All around us gets rain but nothing more than 1/8 inch in the last two weeks. And it got HOT!

So....Today I'm starting some double workouts. I have the extra time in the morning so I'm going to try 60-90 minutes each day. I started with 80 Day Obsession Phase 1 Day 1 Total Body Core. I LOVE 80DO!! And have not revisited it since I did it two years ago so fun to start again.
I finished with Cathe's LIS Low Impact Challenge. I got a bit lost on some of the moves but not too bad. Definitely low impact and actually kind of hard not to jump on some stuff

Take care my friends. Always so glad to see you here and doing so well!

Old 06-09-20, 10:43 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Fit Chicks!!
Today I did 80 Day Obsession Phase1 Day 2 Booty and then added on Cathe's LIS Turbo Barre. I did these chapters to really fry my legs and butt: Leg Work with Firewalker Loops, Ballet Barre Leg Conditioning, Floorwork.

80DO Booty is great. The first time I did it I didn't like it but I also did not have very heavy loops. Since then I got some good heavy ones and now this is more challenging. I also used my 2lb ankle weights for everything. Lots of good floor work and standing and my butt is aching. Using heavy loops was key for me.

I'm not a huge fan of barre workouts but I still like to do them from time to time because they surely do cook the legs/butt. And Cathe makes it more fun.
And now we'll see if I can walk up the stairs. I did not do the full Turbo Barre workout but maybe I'll do the whole thing some time.

Stay safe, stay well. Have a great day!

Old 06-09-20, 07:34 PM  
Jules

Happy Day! We are officially on summer vacay!

I am feeling kind of stiff and sore today - not sure why? I did have to sit for several hours yesterday during the staff training, and I am definitely not used to doing that. I decided to do Cathe's Low Impact Circuit and it was the perfect mix of a little bit of everything without pushing it too hard.

Hi Kate! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying 80DO. It must feel like visiting an old friend. I am also not one to do Turbo Barre very often, but she sure does hit the muscles in a different way. Guaranteed DOMS!