Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-12, 11:23 AM  
workoutjunkie

What workout(s) do you reach for to get back into the groove?

So, after some time off after being sick, on vacation or whatever, what workouts do you do to help get you back on track?

I have had a cold that has lingered and wiped me out for over three weeks. After week 1 of being sick and feeling mad that I hadn't been able to exercise, I thought I would do something less taxing, like the leg portion of TurboFire. Umm...yeah, that was not non-taxing. Dumb move.

Have been so anxious to get back to working out. I wish I had something like KCM's Start Here, but I don't, so I thought I'd get inspired by all of you.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 11:39 AM  
Breezy Trousers

When I'm babying myself, I always reach for Lauren Brook's Baby Bells and Tom Holland's Total Body Workout. I'm currently exploring Tracie Long's stuff and can see nice possibilities for using those workouts as recovery workouts, too.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 11:42 AM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
When I'm babying myself, I always reach for Lauren Brook's Baby Bells and Tom Holland's Total Body Workout. I'm currently exploring Tracie Long's stuff and can see nice possibilities for using those workouts as recovery workouts, too.
Nice choices! While I have none of those, I think I should finally cave and get Baby Bells. Oh wait, I do have one of Tracie Long's older TLT ones...
Old 05-23-12, 11:45 AM  
Sissy B

Cindy Crawford's A New Dimension DVD is my go to workout when I'm restarting or trying to get back on track. I like that it has shorter options (12 and 16 minutes) as well as a longer workout (40 minutes).

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 11:50 AM  
TinaS

I like Jackie Warner's Xtreme Timesaver Training. It's right around 30 mins. Very doable when you're trying to get back on track.
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 12:10 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I really like using Ellen Barrett's Fat Burning Fusion or Barefoot Cardio for active recovery. When I'm feeling a little beat up from too much high intensity, I go for those and always feel better! I also have several pilates dvds (especially of the 10 minute solution series) that I keep and use when I don't feel like doing anything else, at least I can get myself to do one of those. I have some Leslie Sansone walking videos on hand "just in case" for lower intensity options, but boy do I have a hard time getting myself to pop in one of those. I want to like her, but her voice does get a little grating.

ETA: Also, Ellen's Crunch Burn and Firm Pilates is an awesome, lower intensity workout with light weights. Love it!
Old 05-23-12, 12:21 PM  
Artist of Eyes

I like The Firm Wave workouts and of course my favorite regardless of how I feel, Leslie Sansone!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 12:37 PM  
PhyllisG

Ellen Barrett.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 12:54 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Oh, I just remembered another workout while posting on another thread that is good for easing back into working out...Travel Fit! It's the one Cathe that I can do when I'm not feeling up to snuff!
Old 05-23-12, 01:00 PM  
workoutjunkie

Wow - so many great suggestions. But it sounds like I need to expand my library a bit, lol. I love reading what everyone else uses.

Tags
beginner, getting back into groove, ramping it back up, restarting, starting back up, starting over