Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-20, 12:19 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Ellen's Dynamic Cardio.

Then, DH and I continued to clean out my mom's place - it is just about done save for finding a charitable organization to take furniture, clothing, etc.

DH tends to be a bit of a pack rat an takes things we don't need, but I'm taking Carol's advice and letting it go - piling it up in his space in the basement and then eventually get rid of it.

I'm going to get out for a walk today - either w/ or w/out dogs.

Cheri - I'm so sorry that woman was so rude. Ugh.

Hope everyone has a good day - be back later for personals, I hope

Christine, I'd love to see your duck!!

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 06:29 AM  
furmomof6

Donna, I'm attaching a picture of our dog and duck from Memorial Day. Hopefully you can see it, I had to resize it so small to get it to upload!

I'll be back for my check-in!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	resized.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	4690  

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 06:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were:

PahlaB - Weight Loss Workout - 30 minutes
This was another interval type workout (40 seconds of cardio moves, 10 seconds of rest, 20 seconds of weight work) - definitely moderate in nature. Although I was glistening, I was not gasping. There was a bit of balance work at the end.

& Core Workout for Older Women - 10 minutes
This was just basically practicing getting on the floor and getting up from the floor, which I have to admit is not as easy as it was 15 years ago.

Christine - I loved the duck picture! How cute! I would assume that the duck has always followed the dog around? I know they (ducks) want something to follow. And why do you have a duck?

Donna - Good job! We should have walked, but didn't. DS had a migraine on Friday and was still recovering; he needed to take it easy. It's been forever since he has had one. Not sure what's up with that.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 07:57 AM  
fanofladyvols

Christine sorry to read about your vertigo :-( Maybe the blood work will give you some answers? So the duck and dog have adopted each other? Cute!!

Cheri that is why whenever I can, I do try to be as kind as possible to the retail employees I meet. I know there will be some poothead at some point in the day and my thinking is maybe this will help them handle that poot as best they can. My DD used to be aggravated with my chitchat bc she said we couldn't go anywhere without it taking forever. Once she started working, she gets why I do it. She comes in from work sometimes and says how great it is when she has customers who sense the stress another customer causes and are nice. You were wise to walk away.

Carol thanks for sharing what TX is planning with the school year. I have been passing along to my friends who teach and we are just all certain that in person school won't happen all fall semester.

Donna wishing you clear thinking as you purge and sort. We managed to find a local church that was needing household items for their missionaries for most of my MIL furniture.

Dana took a cue from you and pulled out an outdoor setting soothing workout Balance ball lower body.

Susan Deason was just what I needed yesterday. Weather was so beautiful so scrapped my indoor cardio and went outdoor hiking.

Hiya to Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 11:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did -

Pahla B - 25 Min Weight Loss Power Walk
Trifecta Pilates - Classical Pilates

Christine - your duck and doggie are adorable. Your doggie does look like Adriene's Benji!

Carol - I'm enjoying Pahla so far for a change of pace. We did walk yesterday, it was beautiful outside! My DD gets headaches that sound like migraines from time to time - I rarely get them myself. Thankfully! I think everyone is under a lot of stress right now.

Waves, everyone - I'm off to take my DD to the barn to ride her horse.

Tomorrow starts a new month - I'm not sure what I want to do - more Pahla? Jessica? Pilates? I do keep thinking I should spend a month with Trifecta Pilates to see how I feel - I can always mix other stuff in w/ it since she has some long and some short workout days planned throughout the month

One thing I think I should do for June is set a daily step goal -just to keep me accountable in moving as much as possible. It will get harder to do our outdoor walks as the heat and humidity build here. But w/ working from home I'm definitely not moving as much as when in the office - those walks to the printer and rest room add up! Now my printer is on the desk next to me.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon -

Donna
Old 05-31-20, 01:34 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

DH and I went for a long walk. It's another beautiful day here, upper 60's and sunny. So, some of my blood work came back and showed that my fasting insulin levels were extremely high. I have been having blood sugar issues lately so I had a feeling something was off, but that surprised me. My doctor told me to follow a diabetic diet for now and then we'll recheck. He's not saying I have diabetes now, but he did say the pancreas can't sustain the fasting insulin levels I have and keep working.

Donna, thanks! I do think she's Benji's twin! Did you see Michelle is doing a challenge for the month of June? I just skimmed the info, but it sounds like it's going to be 15 minute workouts everyday just to get you moving. I don't think I'm going to join, but wanted to mention it in case you were interested. How are your dogs doing?

Linda, thank you! I'm not sure if my blood sugar levels are causing the dizziness, but maybe the rest of the blood work will reveal something. It's more like the duck adopted the dog, ha! The duck is obsessed with her, but the dog just tolerates her, lol. Your hike sounds nice!

Carol, we have always had pet ducks and she is the latest. We got her to befriend our male duck, but he has since made friends with some mallards in our neighbor's yard and doesn't really bother with her. The drama! She actually used to make a hissing sound at our dog and peck at her, but over time she became super attached to her.

Waves to Cheri, Brenda & Dana!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 09:31 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

PahlaB - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 4- 25 minutes

This was a workout of alternating 1 minute walking and 30 second weight intervals. I liked it. I think I'm going to stick with Pahla's 31 Day Weight Loss Over 50 Challenge. I started doing one of her regular workouts - a total body weight workout - and it was more than I wanted to do, especially if I'm trying to keep everything "moderate".

Christine - I can't imagine either one of our dogs co-existing with a duck, or any other critter like that! They spend most of their days chasing the birds in our yard.

Donna - I think stress plays a big part in the headaches that DS gets. And you are right, everyone is stressed out these days. Hope DD enjoyed being at the barn!

Linda - I think we are pretty optimistic that we will at least start in August in the building. I don't know what will happen after that.

Waves to all!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 07:35 AM  
cherimac

You guys are so sweet. I have never had anyone be that rude to me in all my years there. And over free coffee. Ugh. It's all behind me now.

PN Energy and Mobility Reformer on the Mat. Loved that one.

Off to work!
Old 06-01-20, 07:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - Knee Friendly Strength Workout (20 min)
Ellen - Sweet 15 (cardio/weight circuit) (15 min)
Trifecta Pilates - abs and legs (10 min)

Not much new to report!

Christine - I hope you get answers re: your blood work and such!

Cheri - Hope you have a good day at work and no rude customers!

Carol - not sure how long I'll stick w/ Pahla but it is working for me for now.....

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 06-01-20, 08:03 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Started June thread. http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...61#post2876061