Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-20, 09:49 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Barlates Cardio Bounce Sculpt Express
~AMY4YW: hip openers
~neck stretches & acupressure

I started a friend’s class on zoom, but had to bail after it kept glitching & freezing. Our internet was acting up off and on all day yesterday. I did see the cable van on our street at one point so hopefully it’s fixed. So instead, I opted for a little Rodney Yee.

Pat - We have a ground cover in our front garden with small red flowers that the bees just love. I don’t know what it’s called. You can feel the hum vibration if you get close to it. How fun to workout with the 80s ladies!

Nice workouts Sherry!

Waves to all, back later with today’s workouts....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 01:51 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~taught Essentrics on zoom
~neighbourhood walk
~Headstand
~long stretch session while watching anatomy videos for my L3 exam prep: forward bends, hip openers, reclined leg stretches, neck & back stretches & acupressure

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 05-30-20, 01:51 PM  
sherry7899

Friday:
Les Mills Body Vive 60 minutes

Today (rest day)
Sarah Beth yin yoga for stress relief 30 minutes

Have a great day!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 10:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today was....
~5 km walk
~Ellen’s Cardio Core on my b bounder - This was a nice standing core workout, not really cardio as the pace was quite gentle. The rebounder added a good balance component.
~1 hour+ of reclined leg stretches, hip openers, neck stretches, & back acupressure

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 05-31-20, 09:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I was rather productive yesterday:

~ Meditation group
~ Workout two from Jane Fonda's sculpting
~ RaviaAna matrix of back care sections on Beginners Stretch, Strengthen & Be Stress Free
~ One plus mile hike at the trail I discovered last week
~ Walk at the university campus

Pam I'm really getting so sick of Zoom classes. It's been a great bridge for the fitness community and to keep at least a meager income going to the teachers, but ugh the glitches, the tinny sound, the slowly blinking eyes ... I love your buzzing flowers.

Sherry that yin/stress yoga sounds nice, I'll have to try it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 07:49 PM  
cyana

Today was an afternoon of Gardenasana. I suspect I am going to be sore tomorrow, as I was primarily weeding - digging and prying gnarly weeds out of the dirt for hours! I was surrounded by bees and butterflies. I went into a retail establishment today for the first time since early/mid-March. DH and I went to Home Depot to pick up a couple of things DH had ordered on-line, and of course I went to the garden center and picked up some cheery annuals. We went right after they opened, so there weren't many people in there. I didn't meet my self-care goals this week as I worked some really long hours. And I didn't sleep worth a flip several nights. I'm planning to hit the sack early tonight.

Dear ((((Kate))) - I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm coming up on the fourth anniversary of my mother's death and I still miss her terribly and think of her daily. She lived with us the last 18 months or so of her life and I will always treasure that time we had together.

Pam - You'd asked where I might relocate if I retired outside of the US. I'd probably be perfectly happy to be a vagabond as I believe home is wherever you make it. Obviously a big consideration would be the medical piece, as well as the overall cost of living. We aren't fluent in a second language, so that could be a challenge. Enjoy your B-bounder - I'd never heard of those until Barb/Horsemom got hers some years back.

Pat - My echinacea and lavender are buzzing with bumblebees and small numbers of butterflies. I expect more butterflies as things continue to warm up. With all the terrible news this week, I was happy to get a buzz from Mother Nature today. I also treated myself to a new pair of garden snips from the Home Depot today. I really feel the need to do some Kundalini yoga - need to dig our some R/A DVD's.

Sherry - I'll have to try that stress/yin practice. I saw she also had a slow stretch hips practice - my tight hips could definitely use that one!

Margot - Sounds like you've been getting plenty of gardenasana in recently.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 07:55 PM  
sherry7899

Sunday:

World Heat with Sara Jane 60 minutes
Yoga Upload Stress Relief practice 30 minutes

I will post personals tomorrow.

Have a good evening!

Old 05-31-20, 08:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~6km walk
~Ellen’s new Sweet 15 - this was okay, half lower body barre-ish, half upper body with light weights
~Essentrics PCW 9: standing segment
~45 min reclined stretch watching anatomy videos.

Cyana - I’m sorry you didn’t meet your self care goals this week. I’ve been in a couple of stores over the course our confinement, but we’ve avoided any place that’s crowded. We continue to order our groceries online for pick up. I can’t imagine permanently living anywhere than here, but I’ll be very happy when I can safely be a travel vagabond again!

Pat - I’m weary of zoom classes too, especially weary of teaching them. I miss seeing my students in person. I miss my yin classes at my friend’s home studio, such a treat to arrive to a mat & a variety of props all set up for me in her cozy space.

Nice workouts Sherry!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 06-01-20, 09:08 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! Yesterday I took DH to the new trail I've been loving and we sat by the waterfall for a while. It was rejuvenating.

Cyana I hope this week is better in the self care department for you, and that you get some good sleep. I ventured to H.D. also, and it wasn't so bad. In and out. Everyone was respectful and there were lines on the floor. I love how your support team cheered you on while fixing up their habitat.

Pam I bet you miss those fireside yin classes. What a treat that has to be. When is your L3 exam?

Good workouts Sherry, keep it up!

I joined a tarot card study group on Facebook this weekend. I dug out my tarot cards and am going to start studying with them in earnest in order to keep my mind off current events. So far it's been interesting!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 09:33 AM  
sherry7899

I will start a June thread now.