Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-12, 07:11 PM  
alisoncooks

I'll be keeping an eye out for it tomorrow when I go to Target. I'm another who prefers my Leslie "compiled" and I don't think I have any of these (except the 1 Mile).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 11:06 PM  
Artist of Eyes

I had to go to both Walmart and Target tonight and I didn't see it at either store.

Anyone that gets it early is very lucky and I'm very jealous!!!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 12:50 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
I love compilations! I have always wanted Walk Away Your Stress (just because the title sounds like a good idea-LOL). Thanks for posting; I'll put this one on my wish list!
Julie,
it's a great walk! She splits it up in 10 min segments (by mentioning when 10 min are over and then again at 20 min) and has the William Tell overture in it!
Check on hulu.com, there are several Leslie walks (most only 15 min -interrupted by commercials 1-2x..- but still) and I've seen the 'stress walk' there too!

Sherry,
I envy you! If I'd only had the equipment to do that for my 3 lonely Leslie VHS oldies that I love! (I know, there's a VFer here who's husband converts them, but I'm too stingy paying that amount of $ for it )

I won't be getting this DVD.. unless it drops significantly eventually.. Then I might cave for the stress walk alone.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 03:54 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harantwanders View Post
I want to get that as "Walk Away Your Stress" is one of my old favorites.
I really like this one, too. I am interested, since I don't have a lot of the older Leslies and you can't beat the price, especially if it goes closer to $10. My WM never gets anything remotely new and I don't live near a Target (I KNOW!!!) so I usually rely on Amazon.

Compilations save shelf space .
Old 06-09-12, 05:13 AM  
sherry7899

Val, what are your three lonely Leslie vhs? We have a dvd/vhs machine where you can transfer (non copy protected) vhs to dvd. My husband used it so much (we have a WALL of videotapes of tons of music) that he killed the machine and we just bought a new one.

I have most of those workouts and don't use Leslie much anymore, but I love the idea of saving shelf space.....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 05:30 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Val, what are your three lonely Leslie vhs? We have a dvd/vhs machine where you can transfer (non copy protected) vhs to dvd. My husband used it so much (we have a WALL of videotapes of tons of music) that he killed the machine and we just bought a new one.

I have most of those workouts and don't use Leslie much anymore, but I love the idea of saving shelf space.....

Sherry
Sherry,
it's the 'Walk away your stress', WATP Abs 1 mile Superchallenge, and Yoga Walk.

I'll send you a PM to ask more about the machine as we've been looking for a one (that is easy to understand for pc dummies LOL) since all of DD's baby videos are on VHS and we planned on converting them to DVDs ourselves eventually.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 06-09-12, 09:48 AM  
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Sherry,
it's the 'Walk away your stress', WATP Abs 1 mile Superchallenge, and Yoga Walk.

I'll send you a PM to ask more about the machine as we've been looking for a one (that is easy to understand for pc dummies LOL) since all of DD's baby videos are on VHS and we planned on converting them to DVDs ourselves eventually.
Re: dubbing VHS to DVD. These VCR/DVD combo units are getting harder to find. I got a Magnavox (ZV427MG9) cheap at K-Mart, like $75. I like it a lot; I can chapter easily. Figuring out how to finalize a disc the first time was a bit goofy, but that was the only problem. It uses all brands of blank DV-R's (unlike Sony).

Many fitness videos are non-copyrighted. I have backups of several videos ... including 1 Mile Superchallenge.

Re: new WATP compilation DVD - Checked the Target closest to me last night ... no sightings yet.

"Try for progress, not perfection" Chris Freytag
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 10:15 AM  
MJ525

I'm curious to know what the 2 Mile Fitness Walk could be.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 10:26 AM  
sherry7899

Tracy, I think you have the same machine we do. We just got a Magnavox from Walmart. My DH looked in Best Buy and HH Gregg (I might be messing up the name) and they didn't even have them in the store.

Anything by Reebok is copy protected, and all the Taebo Live are also.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 03:06 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thanks for your input, Tracy, as well as Sherry!

I'll have to convince DH to get it as the VHS tapes aren't getting any 'younger' and I know over the time they're not being played, the quality starts going down...

Tags
1 mile super challenge, 7-day calorie blast, compilations, leslie sansone, repackaged workouts