Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-10-11, 10:57 AM  
tigerbaby

New Downloadable Workouts from Steve Maxwell

Steve Maxwell just released 3 instant downloadable workouts designed to give a workout in 30 minutes combining kettlebells and bodyweight moves. He also is offering a joint mobility workout and a HIIT kettlebell workout. The downloads are $15.00 for each or $40.00 when you buy all 3. I'm not sure if they could be burned to dvd after download though. Brief preview clips are available. Here are the descriptions for each taken from the product page:

Health & Well-Being Kettlebell Workout w/ Pre-Sports Mobility Warm-Up:This workout addresses strength, endurance, cardio, mobility and body leanness and exemplifies one of Steve’s innovative non-stop, follow-along circuits.

Once the action starts, it doesn’t stop and the kettlebell doesn’t hit the floor until the work is done. So be ready -- and bring a towel!

Equipment: 1 kettlebell
Difficulty: 5-6 (out of 10)

Me, My Kettlebell and I (a HIIT workout):There is more than one way to get your cardio needs met and with timed intervals you'll strengthen the heart and lungs while simultaneously shaping the body for an pleasing appearance--get the best of both!

Join Steve for 20 minutes of timed interval training as he mixes the best kettlebell moves with some of the most productive body weight exercises. This workout addresses all five components of fitness: strength; endurance; cardio; mobility and body leanness.

This video workout is quick & dirty high-intensity interval training (HIIT).

Equipment: 1 Kettlebell + something to elevate the hand for plank rows

Difficulty: 7 (out of 10)

Universal Mobility: Standing & Floor Work:A 20-minute routine suitable as a warm-up for all martial arts and vigorous sports or as a stand-alone active recovery workout.

This video features a step-by-step follow-along of Steve’s favorite and most productive mobility drills. The sequence includes many movements not found in Steve’s previous video series of standing joint mobility routines.

Difficulty: 3 (out of 10)
tigerbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 11:19 AM  
Missiscipi

I just downloaded this!!! Thanks!!! Not sure when I can try them due to a hand issue im having...
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 12:01 PM  
tigerbaby

I saw it this morning but didn't have time to download anything but plan on it tonight. I'm hoping I can burn them to dvd because I don't use my computer for working out.

I also understand that he has a book in the works that may be releasing soon.
tigerbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 01:25 PM  
counterclockwise

Thanks for posting this! Please let us know when you guys try these!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 02:04 PM  
Missiscipi

I did Me, My Kettlebell and I and Heath and Well Being Kettlebell workout -
I used my 12kg bell for both workouts.

Me, My Kettlebell and I was pretty easy to me. It was about 15 minutes and probably would be a good addon to something else. He did 40 seconds kb, then 40 seconds body weight and then 20 seconds rest - I think in that order. I didn't sweat too much on this one but like I said it would be good as an addon to something im sure.

Heath and Well Being Kettlebell workout was about 30 mins and it had a great joint mobility section in the beginning (about 10 minutes) and then non stop alternating upper body and lower body exercises. I was pretty sweaty and the end of this one.

He did snatches, 2 hand and 1 hand swings, clean and press, halos, pushups, cobra pushups, a few burpees, squats, lunges plus other stuff.

It kind of reminded me of Steve Cotters circuit workouts but a little tamer....except this had music and Steve's doesn't.

Im kind of lukewarm on this but I do like the stretching in it and think it would be a good "easier" day workout or an addon.

****I want to add that I just got off an Asylum rotation and before that I was doing AOS Newport, Extreme Kettlebell Cardio by Keith Weber and Brook Benten's Butts and Guts and to me a take it easy workout is Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit *****
Old 05-16-11, 02:40 PM  
counterclockwise

Thanks Rozy!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 08:00 AM  
pharma_gal

Reviving this thread to see if anyone else has any opinions on these..Also Rozy..did you also get the Joint Mobility download? Any opinions on that one? Thanks!
R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 11:19 AM  
caligurl

ewwwwwwwwwwwww... ok.... i'm not a prude and i'm the first one to ask for a hunky guy to take his shirt off (hear that doug and owen! why'd you cover up for RKS? ) however watching the clip of these workouts... i just can't buy them cuz he's not wearing a shirt...
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 12:07 PM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Reviving this thread to see if anyone else has any opinions on these..Also Rozy..did you also get the Joint Mobility download? Any opinions on that one? Thanks!
R.
I did the two kb workouts once, they were ok...however I did love the joint mobility section. I plan on doing the standalone joint mobility this evening.
Old 07-07-11, 12:41 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
I did the two kb workouts once, they were ok...however I did love the joint mobility section. I plan on doing the standalone joint mobility this evening.
Please report back as to how you like it. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downloadable workouts, downloads, kettlebell, kettlebell workouts, steve maxwell