Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-19, 10:08 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ525 View Post
How much does she use the sliders in PHA3? I workout on a 6' x 8' exercise mat, so paper plates and the gliders don't slide. I can sub a couple of exercises but if it's slider heavy I may pass.
I think two exercises. Rear slide with one foot on step, other on disc and a push up sequence.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 11:18 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
How much does she use the sliders in PHA3? I workout on a 6' x 8' exercise mat, so paper plates and the gliders don't slide. I can sub a couple of exercises but if it's slider heavy I may pass.
I also workout on rubber flooring and couldn’t do slider work without moving out into the hallway where we have wood flooring. I was at Costco a few months ago and bought some door mats (for our actual door) which are made out of recycled rubber but have a fabric type covering on top. Anyway, I got a brilliant idea to try my sliders on them (while they were still new), and they slide fantastic on them. I went back and bought two mats just for my workout area. I just roll them up when I’m not doing slider work. I was worried about the seam where the two mats meet each other but the sliders slide right over it like it isn’t there. They work so well sometimes my sliders slip out from under my foot and sail across the room. They slide better than they do on my hard wood. I know Costco still sells them because I saw them there last week. They come in a blue tone and a grey tone, and they’re about a quarter inch thick. I don’t know how much room you have for storage but just wanted to mention these mats because they do work really, really well. I can’t remember the brand name but my Costco only sells two floor/door mats. One has a carpet type look to it and is brown. It isn’t that one. HTH
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 11:51 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
You can just step back/side when she slides.

Another option is lay down some fleece (I use a fleece blanket), and the sliders work very well.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 12:42 AM  
MJ525

Thanks! Good suggestions.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 12:00 PM  
Juice

Imax 4

Just did this one. I’m an advanced exerciser and instructor who’s been doing Cathe workouts for years. Loved this one! It is easily modifiable up or down, which makes it versatile and accessible to more levels of exercisers. I did it on an 8-inch step. I found it more challenging than Low Max... Cathe suggests a few modifications to raise or lower the intensity, if you are looking for that.

Great job Cathe!
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 01:48 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by severin817 View Post
How long does it usually take before they add the new videos to Cathe On Demand?

Just curious

Laura
I just checked my OnDemand and they're in there. Not sure when they showed up. They weren't there Friday when I checked but are now.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 08:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Funny how we’re all different. I thought this was very challenging compared to the other 2 videos. But I’m on the weaker side compared to Cathe especially upper body. I really enjoyed it!
If I was to rank the three DVD PHA workouts, I would put this one in the middle in terms of difficulty. I think the first one with three rounds was the toughest possibly because I was just done with the exercises after round 2.

I really enjoyed this latest PHA! I used an 8 inch step and didn't change it when Cathe did. I have a Reebok step, not a club step and it isn't that easy to change the height. I think the higher step made some of the exercises more challenging---both the leg dips and the lunges off the side with the gliding disk seemed harder.

I liked that they showed the weight that Cathe was using in enough time to gauge what I would use. Most of the time Cathe would say what exercise she was doing next which also was helpful since I don't always use the same weight as she does.

There were some different moves mixed in with the familiar ones, and some variations that were enough to keep me interested and challenged. There was a noticeable cardio effect as well that I liked.

I'm happy with this series in general since IMHO each offers plenty of opportunity to modify up or down. I'm also happy they are available in DVD format since I use the premixes a lot to modify up in her later productions.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 08:48 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Thanks for the links! I can't say that I always agree with her assessments, but I do enjoy reading her perspective.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 09:05 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I did StepBoss IMAX 4 this morning. First let me say, I am a total step klutz! It takes me several times through to get choreography and even some of Cathe's step workouts are beyond my abilities and I still haven't mastered them (Step Blast, Party Rockin' Step #1, Step Moves, and the last combo in Rhythmic Step).

But I got about 80% of the step combos in IMAX 4 and it was nice to have easy to follow blasts to keep my heartrate up. If I do this 3-4 more times, I should have it down. Time flew by and I have to say this is probably the most "enjoyable" IMAX so far.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 11:20 AM  
darbyndoug

I did a PHA timesaver followed by the extended chair stretch.

Solid, sweaty workout for me, and as others have said, I think more of a cardio effect (which I like since I cannot do any high impact at all anymore).

Also, I really enjoyed the chair stretch. I will be using this as a post-workout stretch often I believe.
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe step boss, step boss, step boss reviews