Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-19, 07:30 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I'm a longtime user of the Peloton app & love it!

I have back issues that make spinning not recommended, so I just ride along on my Schwinn recumbent bike & enjoy it.

BTW, Peloton announced today that the price of the app will be lowered to $12.99 for everyone. (I think bike owners still pay the $39.99)

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 07:33 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post

I have back issues that make spinning not recommended, so I just ride along on my Schwinn recumbent bike & enjoy it.

BTW, Peloton announced today that the price of the app will be lowered to $12.99 for everyone. (I think bike owners still pay the $39.99)
That is great news! I have to see if my son's old laptop works. I have an ancient tv in.the room with my recumbent bike, and I cannot stream.the app on my kimdle.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 07:47 PM  
sherry7899

Amazon now has the Peloton app!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 08:59 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Okay, full disclosure, I would never, ever, ever, want a Peleton. I think it is outrageously overpriced. Plus repetitive exercise equipment is not for me in general. Doing this form of exercise every day would be torture. To each his or her own.

As to the commercial. I always find it annoying when outwardly superfit models (read "thin" for women and for men, perfectly formed muscles) are in ads for exercise equipment and imply that the equipment has changed their lives by making them lose weight. There have been examples of ads like this with both men and women. If the woman in the Peleton commercial had said that she changed in ways other than physical appearance, I may have felt less annoyed by her. If she said she had been wanting a Peleton, I might have felt less annoyed. If she had said she hadn't been a regular exerciser and it benefited her inside as well as outside, I might have felt less annoyed.

All that said, I think the hullabaloo is way out of proportion for a commercial. These people aren't real and I think too much has been read into it. It has gotten eye rolls from me every time it airs, but no more than that.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 11:23 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post

That is good news! I had the app for a few months and cancelled. They went up in price and I wasn’t planning on joining again, but I might now. I also saw that they now have an app for AppleTV so no more casting! I actually used their treadmill classes more than their spinning ones when I had it.
Lori
Old 12-05-19, 01:54 AM  
Sand

I had no idea that these were so expensive! I'm not into spin but the other Peleton commercial I've seen (with the seasons changing) made it look like fun!

When I first saw this commercial, I felt that they should have gone with an actual customer who has been transformed in utilizing Peleton.

I'm one of those customers who has ordered the informercial workout programs: The original Tony Little VHS (I was a teen!) original Billy Blanks VHS (also, a teen!) then The Firm, Fluidity Bar and Zumba!
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 07:50 AM  
Rhonda

That is good the price for the app is going back down. I have been at the 12.99 price since I joined a couple years ago. I put my headphone on and use my phone for the app. I mainly do the treadmill classes followed by one of the stretches.

I don't see anything wrong with the commercial that hasn't been done before. Guess this is the way to get your name out there and I have also heard that commercials are to be remembered and talked about, which keeps the company name out there and this has certainly done that. I didn't read anything into the commercial when I first saw it and still don't understand what people are so nit picky about.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 09:22 AM  
laurawd

I just bought Peloton stock. Great marketing.

I use an ICG bike that is fabulous and compatible with the ICG coach-by-color and Peloton (or other) biking apps. Gives all the info you need, etc.
laurawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 10:39 AM  
ADoll

I got an email saying they are lowering my monthly subscription to $12.99 from $19.99.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 11:45 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post

I don't see anything wrong with the commercial that hasn't been done before. Guess this is the way to get your name out there and I have also heard that commercials are to be remembered and talked about, which keeps the company name out there and this has certainly done that. I didn't read anything into the commercial when I first saw it and still don't understand what people are so nit picky about.
I didn't really pay any attention to it until I heard there was a hoop de doo about it. I agree that it isn't different than a lot of other hustles out there. They all get the rolled eyes but not my $$$.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peloton, peloton commercial, peloton girl, spin bike, spin bikes