Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-19, 10:50 AM  
alisoncooks

I clicked on a B3 FB ad recently. The ad video was all sweat and intense looks and mountain climbers. It didn't look like a Barre brand at all. (It was strange...it didn't look especially meditative either...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 10:53 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I clicked on a B3 FB ad recently. The ad video was all sweat and intense looks and mountain climbers. It didn't look like a Barre brand at all. (It was strange...it didn't look especially meditative either...)
They're not all like that, but I think some people wanted more cardio so they're adding more workouts like you described. There is some nice variety with their newer stuff. I just wish they'd tone down some of the rhetoric!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 12:54 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post

I resubscribed to Physique 57 for only $15 a month, and while I still enjoy plenty of barre3 workouts, I won't miss it when my subscription expiring. I'm definitely not renewing.
I’m interested to hear what you think about Physique 57 these days. It has been a long time since I subscribed.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 01:05 PM  
lynnf

latest barre 3 offering was a standard compound weight training video, with supersets, repeated for 3 sets, which they called interval training. They really don't know what they are doing.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 01:24 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
latest barre 3 offering was a standard compound weight training video, with supersets, repeated for 3 sets, which they called interval training. They really don't know what they are doing.
Yeah, I can only think that new people took over the workout programming and design and thought they would be Kreeativ.
Why fix what wasn’t broken?
Old 12-23-19, 01:34 PM  
lynnf

they could at least get their terminology correct and not act like they invented weight training.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 10:14 PM  
prettyinpink

The thread that won’t die, because we need a place to complain.

So as promised, this month there are a bunch of new workouts. Six as part of the January challenge, but three are the slow, Mindful ones. Three are “cardio”. Then there was a 45 minute”Strength” last week and another ten minute one, both of which I thought were pretty good.

So I guess it is not much different from before as far as numbers. One longer one for the month, and then the rest thirty minutes. Too many Mindful for me, but this month they have more than one a week all together, so that almost makes it even. But the workouts aren’t quite the same. They seem more repetitive to me. What do you think? Maybe I’ve just been doing them too long.

I giggled a little bit at the challenge ebooklet. There is something in there about how you won’t see external results with barre3, they are all internal. I know the point is about feeling good and I think it is positive, and in fact in large part why I work out, but my sarcastic side was thinking, yes, pretty much I won’t see any external results if I only do a couple of their newer, easier, thirty minute workouts per week.

Of course I haven’t had a chance to try most of the newest ones yet. I am hopeful since I need some positive, fun workouts to keep up the exercise habit through the winter.
Old 01-07-20, 10:02 AM  
Exercise Diva

So glad I didn't renew my membership. I was hopeful that after all of the complaints they would redirect, but apparently not.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 12:29 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
They seem more repetitive to me. What do you think? Maybe I’ve just been doing them too long.
I agree, they are quite repetitive. There are some moves that you see in almost every workout. That was true at Bar Method, too. (There are other ways to work the triceps than tricep extensions!)

I'm kind of digging the b3 mindful workouts. But yes, they do need to up the challenge level on some.

I thought the ebooklet was a joke. Totally not worth the paper to print it out, so I didn't. It really doesn't offer ANY value, as far as I can see. I don't remember it saying you wouldn't see external results--that's pretty funny! I do love their emphasis on how you feel. That has been my mantra for a while--I workout to feel better, to be more mobile and keep pain and stiffness at bay. I like very much their lack of 'bikini body' talk. There is a lot I like about barre3... it's too bad they've changed course.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 05:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Bar Method is having a $99 for a year streaming special - their 5 week online challenge starts January 20th.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming