Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-15, 10:15 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna View Post
How about today's, March 19th workout? All of you Cathe live people please let me know your thoughts. I have been so tempted but still unsure so I truly appreciate your opinions
I did Metabolic conditioning on 3/19. I liked it and it was a good calorie burn. As was stated, the music was blah and I would have enjoyed the workout more with a better selection of music. This comment is coming from someone who is not usually picky about music. My main complaint about this workout and almost all of Cathe's live workouts is that she really skimps on the stretch.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-15, 12:24 PM  
isebelleg44

I didn't end up doing Cathe's latest today. I changed my mind and decided to a Studio Sweat on Demand workout instead. Next week!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-15, 11:30 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
...As was stated, the music was blah and I would have enjoyed the workout more with a better selection of music. This comment is coming from someone who is not usually picky about music. My main complaint about this workout and almost all of Cathe's live workouts is that she really skimps on the stretch.
Theses are my only two complaints as well. Some of the music is ok but some is so blah. But I still think it well worth the $10 when I choose to subscribe.
Old 03-24-15, 11:19 AM  
Cassy

I signed up for Cathe live and I'm really enjoying it. What else are you guys subscribed too for streaming? I'm asking this group because I want something as good as Cathe live. I know there is a complete streaming list thread.

I don't want to burn out on Cathe live.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 09:10 AM  
dianestjohn

Forgive me if this has already been answered - does anyone stream Cathe Live using a Roku? I went to Cathe's website and it looks like they have just made it available through Roku and some people are having problems with it?
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 09:16 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
Forgive me if this has already been answered - does anyone stream Cathe Live using a Roku? I went to Cathe's website and it looks like they have just made it available through Roku and some people are having problems with it?
I tried the first week that it was available and had problems with it so I switched back to Apple TV and airplay to do the Cathe Lives. I may give Roku another try in a few weeks.
Old 03-26-15, 09:25 AM  
horusosiris

I did Cathe Live Step Sweat this morning. It is a typical Cathe step workout. There is no new choreography so it is extremely easy to follow. It has the usual rhythmic L steps, over facing over, mombo cha-chas, power sevens etc. Cathe made a lot of mistakes especially near the end. I laughed at some of the comical mistakes. This was a "real" no second take class. The class wanted to do the completed full combo again but it seems as though Cathe could not remember the order of the combos so just quit shortly after she began and did some side to side plie squats and another drill.

The music was instrumental and nondescript. Better music would have driven this class more and made it more enjoyable. I doubt that I would do this Cathe Live again and if I wanted to do a Cathe step workout I would probably reach for one of her step DVDs. I wish that Cathe would come up with some new step choreography. I hardly do step anymore but I can come back to do Cathe's step workouts and do them without any problems because nothing is new.

I still like most of the Cathe Lives though.
Old 03-26-15, 03:50 PM  
isebelleg44

I was disappointed when she posted yesterday, that she was doing a step workout today. I won't even try it, as I don't enjoy step anymore and would need better music to push me along!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Old 03-26-15, 04:27 PM  
Pascal

ITA - it'd be great if Cathe came up with some new choreography. (She did sort of recently with Party Rockin' Step 1 and 2 - love both of those - just hate the fake lyrics.)

I really like the music in RWH! But there were no new step workouts (except for some of the drills in the Lower Body Circuit workout). I've liked all of her recent step DVD workouts!

It'd also be great if Cathe Live had better music!

That said, I LVE the Cathe Live step workouts. I haven't tried today's yet, but I like having these short step workouts. It reminds me of CTX's and 4 Day Split's step workouts.

This isn't a new workout, but LIS's Low Impact Step Challenge has some fun and new choreography, but pretty un-motivating music. It'd be great if she made a new step workout with GOOD music. I like the direction her music is going if RWH is any indication.
Old 03-26-15, 04:30 PM  
isebelleg44

I do love the music in her step workouts from the 4 Day Split series and the workouts themselves.

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung