Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-15, 10:32 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
She has one called Barbell Upper Body Live that is like Body Pump.
Just did this one this morning for the 2nd time.....absolutely LOVE it! She changes up the rep pattern, like in Body Pump, and man, it is HARD when matching her weights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Cardio core circuit was great, I did it this morning. I apologize for misspeaking about the number of low impact workouts. I've been doing mostly the boxing/kb workouts and the are easy to modify down. Looking forward to exploring more of these workouts, my DVD collection might collect a little dust in the next few weeks, especially since I've done a few Live favorites multiple times. I wish Cathe would use some of her class in upcoming DVDs. Love it that I am not the only one who doesn't do one armed burpees!

Can't wait to try CCC, although I didn't click with the CCC dvd, so I'm a little skeered.

Ya, you better have that dust rag handy to wipe off your dvd's!! Mine sure have gotten dusty! I wish Cathe would do a TREADMILL workout!!! Now THAT would really make me happy! (Although I don't expect Cathe to provide 20 or so treadmills for the class participants!!) The class would have to be done by herself, probably.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 10:36 AM  
horusosiris

I did Cathe Live -Low Impact Hiit Circuit this morning and it was fun. This was a good low impact circuit workout. Cathe made a mistake and did the wrong exercise and just said "whoops," corrected it half way through and kept going.
I like the "live" aspect of these workouts and the fact that everything is not extremely polished and completely in sync. I also like most of her DVDs though too. I can see where both the DVDs and the Cathe Lives will have a place in my workout life.

Does anyone have a rotation that utilizes the Cathe Lives?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-15, 02:16 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

I am keeping a spreadsheet of all the Cathe Live Workouts:

Cathe Live Spreadsheet

It isn't always completely up to do date, but I refer to it often to figure out what workout I want to do.

Blue workouts are my favorites. Yellow I haven't tried yet.
Old 03-16-15, 07:04 AM  
suzannaerin

I did All about Legs this morning. Wow. This one is a keeper!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-15, 07:50 AM  
Rhonda

Thanks Lisa C for the spreadsheet.

I love Cathe Live. I am not subscribing at the moment but am thinking about it again. I want to try the new legs workout and CCC. Plus a few others that have come out since I canceled.

I think Cathe is great in the Lives. I love seeing Cathe be herself.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-15, 07:28 AM  
pfhanna

How about today's, March 19th workout? All of you Cathe live people please let me know your thoughts. I have been so tempted but still unsure so I truly appreciate your opinions
Old 03-20-15, 10:01 AM  
AnMrsDe

Lisa C, thank you for your spreadsheet information...I always like to read someone else's comments about the workout, and it makes me happy that I agree most of the time with those comments!

pfhanna, I tried Cathe's March 19 Metabolic Conditioning Live this morning and LOVED it! She does 8 rounds of metabolic exercises using weights for total body, however, very light on biceps and heavy on shoulders. I switched out some of the tricep overhead presses into shoulder presses for kick-backs. (My arms were toast by then!) I utilized my rebounder for a few of the high impact moves and my HR was up for most of the workout. A very fun one! The music is kinda sucky, though. I still had extra energy (which is rare lately and didn't do much for weights this week) so I added on her Total Body Reps which is a high rep weight workout. There is an issue with the music in this one (too soft but gets better as it progresses) but is a fun workout as well. Got a great calorie burner today!

I think you would enjoy these classes - if you enjoy Cathe's workouts and want to work hard. But at the same time, you don't really realize you are working hard since she is more laid back in these and so it seems there's more of an "easy-going" vibe!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-15, 10:32 AM  
pfhanna

At the last minute I did sign up for her live class and I did enjoy it. I also loved that it was around 40-45 min.? I can, and will, check out her other live classes. Such a huge variety - which was a selling point for me since I enjoy mixing it up. I also like she lets everyone know what is coming up next so you can be prepared. Thanks for you reviews and thoughts. They helped me make up my mind

Pam
Old 03-21-15, 07:49 AM  
suzannaerin

I tried one of the step workouts this morning and didn't enjoy it as much as the other Live sessions. It wasn't bad. I've been doing less step in general the last few months. Friday, I tried the low impact circuit and loved it. It was the first time I was able to do that Fred Astaire move (I have the RWH DVDs, was finding that move a challenge). The barre segments in live are keepers, too.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-15, 08:04 AM  
isebelleg44

I just don't enjoy pure step workouts anymore, so I probably won't try her live ones. I have her latest one on tap for this morning and am looking forward to it.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung