Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-28-16, 12:34 AM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
Okay, I'm a little late at looking at this thread, but can you view Cathe Live with a Roku? My computer (laptop) is upstairs, & there's no room to workout up there, I could bring it downstairs, but I prefer the bigger tv to see, as my eyesight isn't that good even with corrective lenses.
Cathe Live is not available on roku. I use Chromecast.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 07:09 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Can't answer your question about the Roku but thought I'd tell you that I have a cord that connects my laptop to the TV so I can see what is on the computer on the TV. Works great. It's an HDMI cable and you get one at Walmart, Target, Amazon.com, etc. Not expensive.
Thanks, but I still have tube tvs.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 11:55 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Yesterday I did Shredded Upper Body with Ball

The workout was 49 minutes and the stability ball was used for most of the exercises. There are multiple exercises for each body part and each of the exercises are repeat three times with a rep pattern of 12,10, 8. The grouping of the exercises is as follows:

Shoulder/ Biceps/Back
Back/triceps/ chest
Core

This is among my favorite upper body workouts. I really liked the selection of exercises, the sequencing of the exercises and the different rep patterns employed. This is a versatile workout because you can either use moderate or heavy weight. Since I wanted to go heavier than the stability would allow, for some of the exercises I used my bench rather than the ball. I liked the way Cathe consistently tied in the various body parts- ex- pullovers work back, triceps, chest, or sitting flies work back upper delts, etc. The various angles of exercises were also nicely employed, - ex- lateral shoulder, front shoulders rear delts, or lower back, mid back, upper back.

Much of the music also had a latin flare!

What can I say, IMHO there is everything to like about this upper body workout.

Such a great UB workout! I did modify to make the one arm rows, two arm rows to increase the back work.

Love Cathe Live!!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 01:31 PM  
wendy2

I did Shredded Upper Body Live yesterday, too. I liked it a lot--and I already had DOMS last night only a few hours after doing it... I'm really feeling it today.

I don't like so many push ups (my wrists hurt!), so I subbed chest presses for the last set. And kickbacks for the last set of tricep pushups.

I might be remembering incorrectly, but it seemed like Cathe did 3 sets of each group for the second round, but only 2 sets of each group in the first round. Or something like that. It just seemed a little inconsistent, but I'd have to revisit to be sure. Doesn't really matter anyway--it definitely worked everything!

Today I did the leg portion only of Butts and Guts Live. Wow. This was intense for me. I like it because the weights are not heavy (though she says they are!). There was a definite cardio factor from the speed of the reps. I was wiped out at the end! Nice 40 minutes of leg work.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 06:04 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can get something called an RF Modulator (?) to attach to a tube tv. Then you can attach "newfangled high tech gadgets" to that I used to have one to enable attaching my DVD player to my old tube tv. It was cheap.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 11:59 AM  
horusosiris

I did Total Body Barbell Burn today. It was 57 minutes of fun but hard work. There was a nice mix of compound and isolation exercises. Cathe used the barbell or the barbell plates alone for all of the exercises but you can easily substitute dumbbells for all of the exercises.

Warm Up- it seemed like a shoulder intensive warm up to me

Legs- Squats, Plié squats

Biceps- curls, reverse curls, reverse curls with compound Lunge and Press

Shoulders – front raise, deadlift- front raise, upright row combo, overhead, upright row press combo

Back-
Deadlift close, wide and neutral push press, pullovers

Chest- Bench press, Pushups

Legs- static lunges, curtsy lunges

Triceps - close grip chest (triceps) press, skull crushers, dips

Core

Stretch
- the stretch was really skimpy. Cathe said that we stretch a lot throughout the workout but I did not feel that way and did more stretching on my own.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 12:19 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
I think there is an adapter you can buy at Radio Shack or on Amazon to hook up HDMI cords to a tube tv. We have some kind of adapter on a tube tv that my DH hooked up so that my son's Wii could be used on an old tube tv. I will check later.

Sherry

ETA: it is an RF Modulator. I'm sorry I forgot to get back to you about that.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 09:04 PM  
upperwside

I really liked this one. Felt fresh for a barbell workout. Got a killer burn. Felt like not enough back work. . I added in rows and felt done. Will be returning to this one soon.

QUOTE=horusosiris;2660234]I did Total Body Barbell Burn today. It was 57 minutes of fun but hard work. There was a nice mix of compound and isolation exercises. Cathe used the barbell or the barbell plates alone for all of the exercises but you can easily substitute dumbbells for all of the exercises.

Warm Up- it seemed like a shoulder intensive warm up to me

Legs- Squats, Plié squats

Biceps- curls, reverse curls, reverse curls with compound Lunge and Press

Shoulders – front raise, deadlift- front raise, upright row combo, overhead, upright row press combo

Back-
Deadlift close, wide and neutral push press, pullovers

Chest- Bench press, Pushups

Legs- static lunges, curtsy lunges

Triceps - close grip chest (triceps) press, skull crushers, dips

Core

Stretch
- the stretch was really skimpy. Cathe said that we stretch a lot throughout the workout but I did not feel that way and did more stretching on my own.[/QUOTE]
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-16, 11:30 AM  
horusosiris

I did Total Body Band and Glide today. The workout is 52 minutes and uses a band and gliders. There were a few exercises that I have not seen in a Cathe workout previously. I would have preferred that Cathe do more chest and back work. This is a great workout to have if you are traveling or want a minimal equipment total body workout.
Old 09-15-16, 01:11 PM  
horusosiris

I did Long and Sculpted Legs today. This is a body weight only leg workout. The first third utilized gliders, the middle section was athletic barre and the third section utilized a stability ball. I really enjoyed the variety in this workout and that it is a bodyweight only lower body workout. Even though Cathe said in her description of this workouts that it was high rep, I felt that it was more moderate reps because I never had the feeling like "this is never going to end." This "no dread" workout is a nice addition to my arsenal of Cathe leg workouts.

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung