Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-15, 06:26 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafelattee View Post
the link to one of my old post with links to SSOD free workout on youtube. they have the Best spin music. They use top 40 real music artist. I've heard things from the 80's to Katy Perry. They have great variety so at 45 yo I here stuff I know well like aerosmith to stuff I hear on the radio but don't always know the artist

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=208172
Thank you for the link. The music was great. Now I am going to have to try SSOD
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 01:11 PM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Thank you for the link. The music was great. Now I m going to have to try SSOD
You are going to be hooked on SSOD
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 01:40 PM  
mmis29

OMG...I absolutely love love LOVE Cathe on demand. I haven't tried any of the live workouts yet, I'm really enjoying reading everyone's impressions.

I have been really struggling to get in any workout dvd time and this has allowed me to use my beloved dvds in the gym at work at lunch using my iphone. It is wonderful! I've worked out every day this week, something I haven't been able to say for a very long time.

So...if you're on the fence, I am hereby enabling you
Old 04-19-15, 12:18 PM  
wendy2

I did Total Body Sculpt this morning, and it was a great total body workout. I'm sure it does all the things Cathe tends to do, including over working the shoulders and going overkill on the reps for various body parts, but I loved it! The warm-up was almost ten minutes long, and semi-counted towards leg work, I thought. She does all the leg work first, and it ends at the 30 minute mark, so that works well if you want to split this workout. The upper body is also a full half hour--one of the few Cathe options for full upper body in 30 minutes, other than premixes...The core work included plank and superman variations. The only thing it fell short on was the stretch, which was short. I am still quivering all over, and its been a few hours! Loved it

Wendy
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 01:07 PM  
Irisg1

I am shocked at how much I am enjoying Cathe Live. Today I did her kickbox/Barre work-out. I don't generally care for barre, but I enjoyed this one. Seeing people of all shapes & sizes following along really motivates me.
Old 04-19-15, 01:59 PM  
suzannaerin

I was reluctant to subscribe but am so glad that I joined. I agree, it's reminded me of why I was such a big Cathe fan back in the day.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 02:59 PM  
horusosiris

I did Cathe Live- Long and Strong Legs today. She was alone (no class) in this one. I like that she ended the workout with some barre and leg conditioning drills.
Old 04-20-15, 09:47 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
I did Total Body Sculpt this morning, and it was a great total body workout. I'm sure it does all the things Cathe tends to do, including over working the shoulders and going overkill on the reps for various body parts, but I loved it! The warm-up was almost ten minutes long, and semi-counted towards leg work, I thought. She does all the leg work first, and it ends at the 30 minute mark, so that works well if you want to split this workout. The upper body is also a full half hour--one of the few Cathe options for full upper body in 30 minutes, other than premixes...The core work included plank and superman variations. The only thing it fell short on was the stretch, which was short. I am still quivering all over, and its been a few hours! Loved it

Wendy
That class is one of my favorite weight w/o's!! It runs a bit long (71 min.), but it rocks! It would be an easy one to cut in half if wanting only to work lower body or upper body too. And I Cathe's BRIGHT outfit!!! She looks so cute, glasses and all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Tried Cardio Band Blast with Weights Live today. Ooh my, that little one's a doozy!!!! Loved it!
I forgot how tough this class is...especially coming off a recovery week!
Rocked the calorie burn today!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 09:48 AM  
horusosiris

I did Cathe Live Lower Body Burn this morning.

After the warm up she does about 5 minutes (maybe less) of cardio. I immediately thought that I could do without this segment. I was ready to jump into the weight work and did not desire to do cardio but I half heartedly did it anyway.

Cathe does the usual lunges,(including pulses) squats, side to side lunges, walking lunges, firewalker jumping jacks, fire walker walks, one leg lunges with sliders, side to side lunges with sliders.
Next we go to the floor and do, elevated pelvic lifts for hamstrings (with one foot on dumbbells) leg lifts, pizza lifts, side lying lifts and circles. Throughout the workout Cathe sometimes said that we are "doing this for the heart rate." Each time she said this I thought to myself I want to do a leg workout and not a cardio workout

Stretch- the usual Cathe skimpy stretch.

I liked the second half of this workout more than the first half. I did sub machine leg presses for some of the lunges. I am not sure that I would do this one again. When I want a more cardio based leg workout I would probably do one of her Pylo legs or cardio leg routines. I guess when she said the workout was going to be Lower Body Burn I thought of a more weight based leg routine.

Some of my general thoughts about Cathe Live:

1. I like most of the Cathe Live workouts. I like the more relaxed atmosphere of the workouts and seeing people of all different shapes, sizes and ages.

2. I wish that Cathe would release a monthly schedule of Cathe Lives rather than just announcing it the evening before. If she did that I could more easily work the Cathe Live
workouts into my rotation. Since we never know what she is going to do, it is hard to plan. For example-- I did a leg routine yesterday.

3. Better music- I do understand the licensing issues though.

4. My Cathe Live streaming never starts at 9:15. It is usually 5-10 minute later. I am not sure if it is my system of if there is just a delay.

5. A longer and more thoughtful stretch at the end

6. Do not always put core/ab work last. I often wonder why instructors do that all the time?

7. Many of the workouts (at least the ones that I have done thus far) seem to be more endurance based than real strength based. Of course I can use heavier weights but then the rest periods between sets are not long enough or non existent for true strength lifting.

7. Cathe seems to use lighter weights in the Cathe Lives than in her DVDs. I understand that this is live class but I wish that every once in a while she would do a heavier weight routine for upper and lower body.
Old 04-23-15, 10:50 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I wonder if the reason she never goes heavier than 15 lbs. is because they don't have enough 20, 25, or 30 lb. dumbbells for everyone in the class? When I went on Cathe Road Trips a few years ago, they had a limited supply in the back of the gym. Just a thought...

I see where they filmed a nutrition segment for Cathe On Demand. Since I only subscribe to Cathe Live, I probably won't be able to view it. But I thought that she was supposed to film some "one on one" workouts for Cathe Live?

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung