Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-11, 10:46 AM  
Liz K
VF Supporter

Did the Greg Sims one with yogic intervals in the title. My queston after doing the workout is "Where is the yoga?". There were a few stretches but nothing I would call yoga.

Have to say this is the first workout of this series that I've been disappointed in. I think my workout time was wasted this morning on this one. This one was a real snoozefest for me. I chose this one because I thought it would have some cardio but also some decent yoga stretches. I'm a little sore so the stretching would have been good.

He starts out with pushups. And pushups. And more pushups. OK, if you want to do pushups fine, but I like to be warmed up first before just jumping in and I could have used a little bit of a warmup. Then we finally get to the rebounder and he likes to take a move, for instance a jab, and do it over and over and over. When you're thinking he has to move on, he continues on with the same move and a slow count. Very boring. Then he does a cross and you do it over and over and over. I was hoping for a few interesting combos but he likes to do things over and over and over.

Also, he likes to talk a lot. He and Gay must have something going on because they chatter quite a bit. He also talks about working hard and sweating but I didn't have any sweat going on.

I also did not enjoy doing countless reps of bicep curls and upright rows with the rebounder.

Not sure I'll be trying this one again. I think I'll have my daughter try it out and if she's not thrilled, I'll probably shelve it.

I was very disappointed because I've had a great time doing the others so far. This really showed me the value of previewing workouts.

Liz
Liz K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 05:58 AM  
jazzy75

Help please...take my poll

HI ladies - I've been following this thread and some others on the URX series. Trying to determine which have the most intense cardio sections (wish so darn many of them didn't have the strength added in...especially strength sections too short & light to do much basides get my HR down).

Anyway...after doing the only one I've purchased so far (Gay's) I decided to set up a poll to see if any of these fit the bill for what U'm looking for. Could those of you that have done these, please take a moment to check out my poll - pretty please. I think it would help a lot of us on the fence:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...00#post1809300

thanks for your time and help!!
Old 05-14-11, 05:42 PM  
Saffie J

Hi Jazzy - I will be interested to see the results of the poll - I just can't make a decision whether to buy all workouts or just a couple. I'm not sure about spending so much upfront to buy all of them as chances are I would only end up using a couple.
Saffie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 07:50 PM  
carres1973

Hey Jazzy. I voted for Amy Bento's Kickbox one. I forgot to add in there that she is a bit over the top with her "street thug" attitude and even uses the "a" word a few times! I don't mind foul language (hey, I used to watch The Sopranos!!) but I will say I was surprised to hear it in the workout!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 03:43 PM  
Cassy

Revving old thread

Well I traded for 6 of the URX workouts.

I was pretty disappointed in Amy's kickbox metabolic interval. I found her really annoying in this and I normally actually like her. I found some of her moves to be odd on the rebounder

Keli poly performance - did not care for boring moves.

Greg Sims - cardio circuit - blah

Gay Gasper total body - I actually barely remember what this had and I just looked at yesterday. So I guess I vote boring.

I agree what someone said earlier they all lack professionalism. I really think this could have been a great set. Some of the background exercises are just too much.

I'm actually SHOCKED to say I like JB cardio blast the best out of the ones I've tried. If he didn't talk to himself in the 3rd person this would probably be the perfect workout of what I wanted from the series. He says on the rebounder. It's the basic moves you would expect and it's fun! 20 mins in I was perfectly sweaty.

I think other people say Greg Cook and Patrick's are the best so I'm willing to give those a try.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 04:42 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
Well I traded for 6 of the URX workouts.

I was pretty disappointed in Amy's kickbox metabolic interval. I found her really annoying in this and I normally actually like her. I found some of her moves to be odd on the rebounder

Keli poly performance - did not care for boring moves.

Greg Sims - cardio circuit - blah

Gay Gasper total body - I actually barely remember what this had and I just looked at yesterday. So I guess I vote boring.

I agree what someone said earlier they all lack professionalism. I really think this could have been a great set. Some of the background exercises are just too much.

I'm actually SHOCKED to say I like JB cardio blast the best out of the ones I've tried. If he didn't talk to himself in the 3rd person this would probably be the perfect workout of what I wanted from the series. He says on the rebounder. It's the basic moves you would expect and it's fun! 20 mins in I was perfectly sweaty.

I think other people say Greg Cook and Patrick's are the best so I'm willing to give those a try.
I really like Patrick' two. They were the most professional (IMHO)!
Amy's were awful and I was so disappointed in her!! I could have written your post above about the other workouts because I totally agree with you.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 05:04 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

This thread proves the value in waiting before buying. I almost caved early on, but now I am glad I passed on these.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 05:58 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
This thread proves the value in waiting before buying. I almost caved early on, but now I am glad I passed on these.
I wish that I had waited!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 06:03 PM  
horsemom2

I almost considered trading for a couple but came to my senses, knowing they were not for me.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme urban rebounding, shadowboxer, urban rebounder, urban rebounding, urban rebounding extreme, urx