Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-20, 01:23 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday fierce ones!! It's my rest day, yay!

Cataddict, our Maine coon is the eldest of all our creatures. He used to be a Tasmanian devil but now he's mellowed a lot in his older years! They're so wonderful!

Fanofladyvols, yes, I managed to push myself through Michelle yesterday. That was TOUGH. Such creative workouts, so very challenging!

Manleym, thanks for the Intensity report. I wondered if the warmup was the same for that premix. I wouldn't want to pull my step out just for that either. Hmm...I want to try the bootcamp part though. I might be really crazy brave and try to do the premix that includes all the sections next week. We'll see. Oh, and I think it's the combo of the brutal workouts, what is going on in the world, and the change in weather, all of the above! I felt the exact same way as you described yesterday during Michelle's More Cardio Strength, like why am I doing this, I'd rather take a nap, hah!!! And you made me think of so many Eoin-isms, hah!! "This should feel like you're getting ice cream licked off your body." Hah!!

Kim, I'm loving these reports on the older step workouts. Oh, and I miss Rhonda. I know people move away and stuff but I wish they'd bring her back sometime!

ChelePA, I wondered if that was Caroline! Good to know!

Momofcha, isn't it just sad when you're super excited to buy paper towels and toilet paper?? Glad you could find some. Hope you got a nap!!

Bee, I laugh too when doing older workouts and Cathe talks about pausing the 'tape'....how times have changed!

Have a great weekend everyone! Stay fierce!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 01:58 PM  
manleym

Ha! Ha! Kim! I'm not nearly as crazy fierce as some of ya'll! You gals can do circles around me!

Kittybug, glad I wasn't the only one feeling it yesterday. I think you're right about everything all at once - brutal workouts, uncertainty and craziness of our world right now, and the crazy weather. Very good point! I'm glad you got through Michelle yesterday.

Today was Tracie's Core Movement #3 The Bottom Line followed by Cathe Live Stacked Sets Upper Body. LOVED both workouts! It was one of those days when both workouts were exactly what I needed and felt great!!

Cataddict, if you get a chance, you might want to try Stacked Sets Upper Body. Totally worth doing!

Waves to KateTT, Fanofladyvols, ChelePA, Bee, and Momofcha!!!

We made it through another week, my fierce friends!! YAY FOR YOU!!

Stay strong, stay fierce, and stay healthy and safe!! Hugs to you all!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 03:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Manley ahhh Core movements #3 ..that's a yummy one. Good for you! As far as not liking being told what to do, I think people forget they have to follow through with behaving differently.
Like one of my friends took a pic of men at a golf course, all had carts with good distance between them ...and then are all huddled together on the course??

Kim I tried Cardio and weights today. Lawzee, it was probably a mistake for me to try without previewing.

I would have to watch the cardio sections several times to be able to follow along in real time. Her cuing isn't in time for me to follow well. I loved the music and actually liked the choreography.. esp. the second and third cardio sections. I think with practice it will be fun. It was kind of an amped up version of a Firm, still light, which is why I will keep trying on another day. Recognized some of the abwork from ME, too, but not as intense somehow.

kittybug yay for you getting through your Michelle. You will look at your proverbial shelf of 'done' and pat yourself on the back that it's one of them. :-) This thread has helped me get through so many workouts I never would have!

momofcha wait to forage for the family!! This corona has turned us into hunter/gatherers, hasn't it? Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day!!

ChelePA I think a thread by you kind of summarizing what you have done to recover will be super helpful to post one day. People could really learn from what you are doing. You might even consider before too long because there may be others who will chime in some of what they have done.

High five to Kate, cataddict and Bee!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 11:04 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I meant to give kudos to any of those of you doing any parts of Intensity. I'm afraid to pull it out again, but maybe sometime I will to do just a part of it.

This morning my rotation called for Muscle Max, but it felt like I had just done that, so I did Strong & Sweaty PHA instead. Love that one. Even though it repeats stuff and I'm not a big fan of that (as someone else commented on this week), it still moved really quickly and I like the no nonsense feel to it.

Off to do my supplemental glute work, which I must say I've already noticed it helping my workouts! I'm so thrilled that Taiga shared that stuff with me.

Waves all around!
Old 04-05-20, 12:49 PM  
horusosiris

For the last month I have been revisiting many of the Cathe DVDs. I am also doing some workout blender workouts that I or others have created. I am also doing the weekly solo Cathe Live workouts. In some ways I prefer the Cathe solo Live workouts to the ones with the class.

Today I did Lite series Rev'd Up Rumble. I have not done this workout in a while and I remember why it is my favorite Cathe kickboxing workout (Kick Punch and Crunch used to be one of my favorite).
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 05:27 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello my fierce friends!!

Fanofladyvols, I agree that Cardio and Weights has a Firm feel. You'll get it in no time, and it is super fun!! I also agree with what you said about ChelePA posting her routine to help others. I am making mental notes along the way myself just because it's very inspiring!

Bee, the original PHA rocks!! And so glad the glute work is helping! You're very dedicated!

Horusosiris, WELCOME!!! So you like Rev'd more than KPC (or as much as)? I definitely need to make a mental note of that because I have Rev'd and am not sure I've even done it yet, but KPC has been hard to top for me too so I'm excited now to get to it!

Today was STS Total Body...I think I'll keep this week similar to last week, swapping out my Michelle workouts. That's the tentative plan, anyway!

Waving at everyone else...hope you're all having wonderful weekends!! Stay fierce!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 05:48 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

...Off to do my supplemental glute work, which I must say I've already noticed it helping my workouts! I'm so thrilled that Taiga shared that stuff with me.

Waves all around!
That's wonderful, Bee
Old 04-05-20, 06:35 PM  
horusosiris

Taiga- please tell me more about the extra glute work.

Kittybug- I always wish that Cathe would do an STS II.

I have the original Cathe's Intensity series BootCamp on my schedule for tomorrow. I was going to do Drill Max but changed my mind.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 09:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Taiga- please tell me more about the extra glute work.

Kittybug- I always wish that Cathe would do an STS II.

I have the original Cathe's Intensity series BootCamp on my schedule for tomorrow. I was going to do Drill Max but changed my mind.
Read Taiga's post to me on page 46 of this thread. She's got three youtube links there that have really helped me -- honestly though, what I'm doing is just the Guerrilla Zen guy's suggestions for now.
Old 04-06-20, 03:38 AM  
ChelePA

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! We stayed busy playing board games, doing puzzles and watching the new movie Onward. We really liked it! Plus it was nice enough to sit outside and eat dinner. Hope this weather continues!

Saturday I did some chair stretching and a light 20 minute cardio. On Sunday, I was missing Cathe workouts So I did Stacked Upper Body with abs. Always enjoy this one. Hardly any modifications. I return to the ortho tomorrow to check on how my foot is healing. Fingers crossed. I probably have another six weeks before officially released.

Maybe I’ll get my act together, and post a separate thread about my workouts as my broken foot heals. It’s a great suggestion! I’m just not as organized as some of you ladies
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in