Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-20, 12:50 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!

Did Cathe used to post video clips earlier in the presale process, and one time she had a bunch of people cancel once they saw the clips? I'm wondering if that's why she doesn't post them. I can't wait to see the clips!!

On Rabbit, Rabbit.... I don't know really.... I am pretty sure I've heard people in California use it, but the people who got me thinking about it consistently were my friends from a Cathe checkin I did for years, and they were all east coasters.

On who do I watch.... I think I mostly look at Cathe, especially for weights, but in cardio I tend to look around at all of them. I also like when there are people in the background.

This morning I did Ramped Up Upper Body followed by a Udaya led by a woman. I can't remember her name now but I really liked her, and it occurred to me that I've only been doing male led yoga lately, so maybe that was part of it. It was Glute Sculpt, so not exactly yoga, but vinyasas in between yoga-inspired squats and lunges then with some pizza presses and fire hydrants at the end. I liked it! For those of you subscribing did you see that today Travis has a new nighttime series out to help people sleep? I'm going to try to fit that in in the evenings.... my evenings tend to be kind of busy, so we'll see, but I'm sure it'll make for a great falling off to sleep!

My 18 year old has gotten into baking sourdough bread. He's making it very hard for me to stay gluten-free and fast in the mornings (when he bakes). Ay-yi-yi!!!!

Have a great day!!
Old 08-05-20, 02:16 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...that sounds delicious. I’m also gluten free and rarely eat bread anymore. That would be hard to resist!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 02:36 PM  
ChelePA

Loving all the new pics for Perfect 30!!! Crazy number of weights on the floor. And that tricep picture—wow!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 05:37 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA i agree, that's some serious weight in the triceps photo of Cathe. Wow!

Today I did a new workout, Plyoga, instructor is Stephanie Lauren. I got these from Mary's July sale. It's a set of 6 workouts, gradually increasing in intensity. The cardio workouts are a combination of plyo moves then a yoga hold move. This is repeated throughout the workout. There is a balance/flexibility/recovery workout and a core focused workout. The concept seemed interesting to me but when I did the first workout I wasn't so crazy about it. I made through about 20 minutes. The production value is good, except the music is so low it might as well not even be there. Maybe I will like the other workouts better. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it today.

I hope everyone has a glorious evening.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 06:10 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Wednesday, Watulans! Quick drive-by with not much time, but so many great workouts you all are doing and trying out! I love this group...I'm learning so much and my wallet has suffered for it!

Oh my, those pics of Cathe's new series and YES, that heavy triceps weight! Fierce is an understatement!

Yesterday was Cardio Slam plus the abs, and I'd only ever done that one once and I think it scared me at the time. I'm happy to say I enjoyed it this time and didn't feel like it totally wiped me out. Perfect amount of low versus high impact stuff and lots of variety.

Then today was Total Body Giant sets (did you join me, Fanofladyvols?) which I'd also only ever done once and didn't have a stability ball when I did it. This is another winner for me! Sweaty, sweaty, sweaty!! I think I'm going to save Ramped Up Upper for next week and do one of the lower body premixes from Total Body Giant Sets to go with that (though which one I don't know, 'cuz one looks downright scary!).

So I think tomorrow I'm going to stray from Cathe to try that Hip Hop Step from that Kat person on YouTube someone posted about...haven't done pure step since my ankle started flaring up two months ago so we'll see how that goes. And then Friday I'll save for YOGA, hee hee. Maybe Vytas, Manleym? We'll see!!

Nathalie, I like watching Cathe when the workout is new too but my eyes always get drawn to Jai mostly with her impeccable control and perfect form. I love Amanda and Brenda too. When I'm struggling, I seem to always look to Brenda because sometimes she makes the best faces like she's struggling too (only she's usually laughing about it so I'm sure it can't be THAT hard for her, hah!) but she cheers me up and keeps me going.

Hope to catch up more tomorrow. Stay fierce, Watulans!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 09:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug yes I joined you and what a great workout! You really do need a stability ball for it and I love using the stability ball. I like the way she used the discs too. Totally enjoyed it. Thanks for working out with me
The only negative were the premixes. I wasn't too impressed with the premix options. Seems like there could have been some with a timesaver total body mixing up only one or two circuits for with upper and lower. The ones she has are kind of weird in what they keep.
I'll take a rest day tomorrow. Then low intensity cardio and Spartacus again.

kim my eyes wander all over the set. Sometimes I try to figure out who is sweating the most, lol. Your plyoga workout sounds hard!

bee ohh the smell of fresh baked bread...you are the second VFer who has brought up fresh baked bread to me. I'm a bread lover too. Goes well with wine

ChelePA I didn't notice a premix on Total body with abs mixed ..that sounds tough. I'm not sure I could have managed that.

Nathalie my thinking with the Perfect flow set was that even if I didn't like her yoga workout then I should still like her stretch workout. I usually enjoy her stretches...they are just normally too short!

horusosiris I wish Cathe would do clips but posting the pics certainly helps. I like your rotation! I have only used my weighted gloves for easy kickboxing. I have never been able to do with Cathe's workouts. Do you use them for other workouts?

manley did you revisit Total body giant sets today?

Hugs to Kate !!
Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 10:42 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh brother! I'm a ding dong! I just realized that Travis Eliot has a streaming thing that's different than Udaya. Doh! I guess I sort of new it had a different name, but somehow I was thinking it was the same. So, no trying his new night time yoga for me, because it's not on Udaya! Oh brother.
Old 08-06-20, 09:22 AM  
manleym

Hi All!

Quick check in - hoping to come back later to respond to you.

Yesterday was Total Body Giant Sets premix with abs at the end. I still say this is one of my favorite workouts! I don't have a stability ball so I have to modify, but still get a great workout. I also did Anna Orbison A Steady Hour Flow on UDAYA and liked it. Since returning to work I'm doing the yoga workouts during lunch and Cathe when I get home.

I think today will be Cardio Slam. Are the abs the same or different in these workouts? Trying to decide if I need to do the abs today or not.

Hope to post more later! Adjusting to a new normal so it may take me a few days for me to read and respond to the posts.

Waves and hugs ladies! Stay fierce and safe!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 09:25 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, the abs are the same. I did them again yesterday after Total Body Giant Sets and after having done them just the day before with Cardio Slam was wishing I had chosen a different ab segment from something else!

I hope to catch up more later too! Have a great day everyone!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 10:41 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Thursday to All

Today I did Cathe Live 308 - Med Ball Metabolic Blast and I liked it! It consisted of rounds of med ball exercises alternating with DB exercises. It was a full body blast. This workout is not one of Cathe's more difficult Cathe Lives but this intermediate workout was just what I needed today. Cathe seemed tired because she took more breaks than usual and told us to keep going while she rested a bit. I am sure that the filming of the new series last week was physically draining for her. I also did a 30 minute Booty Blend workout.

Travis just released a new yin yoga for sleep series but alas it is just available on his streaming site. I wish that he would sell the downloads because I already have too many streaming subscriptions.

Bee- I love bread and especially freshly baked bread. Now you made me want to bake bread this afternoon.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in