Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-20, 09:53 AM  
manleym

Happy Thursday my fierce Walutan friends! Or Bodacious Babes!

Yesterday I did ICE Metabolic Total Body + Blizzard Blast and a yoga practice from UDAYA. MTB - hello old friend! I remember why this is a go-to workout for me. I LOVE everything about this workout - from warm-up to cool-down! LOVE the flow, variety of moves, outfits (I like the little details too Kim and Horusosiris that's awesome that you bought an outfit Cathe was wearing!), how the music works with the moves, the Blizzard Blast. It's just a great workout for me!

Bee I'm glad you're taking advantage of UDAYA free 3 month subscription. I've been trying different instructors and like the variety of practices and instructors. Glad the cookies were good! I probably would have eaten them all! And what did possess you to pull out Insanity!?!? Chiseled Lower Body is one of my favorites of ICE. Right up there with MTB. Have you gotten the results of your blood test? Hoping all is well.

ChelePA great news on your foot! YAY!! Sorry you're daughter is just going crazy with all the itching. That is so hard!!! Hoping she gets relief at her next appointment too. Still haven't been able to do Hooked on PHA. Times haven't worked for me and I've really wanted to do it because I like Cathe's PHA workouts. Oh well...maybe next week.

Fanofladyvols your response to the saddle bag comments, wanting a Blizzard from Diary Queen (boy those are good!!) and clothing suggestions make me giggle! And I can't wait to hear yours and Horusosiris songs! Ya'll are going to rock it!! I've never heard of Spartacus workouts. Do share!

Kittybug yay for getting through Rock'm Sock'm with no ankle problems! There's alot of jumping in it especially with the BBlast. Next time I do this workout I may try the Scrambled Extreme #2 premix, where the order of the main workout is changed and some Blizzard Blasts are mixed in. I don't know if all of the blasts are included or not. I'll preview it first. Might be a better mix for me.

KateTT after doing RWH I'm more encouraged that I might be able to do (and like) STS. Which do you like better? STS or RWH?

Kim agree that this group keeps me going! When I don't feel like working out, am not motivated, feeling blah, I remember all of you fierce gals who are hanging tough and showing up each day! You encourage and spur me on! Thank you all!

The district I teach in is having staff come back on our normal date for professional development. We'll start the year on time with virtual learning for 3 weeks - students at home, staff on campus teaching virtually. As of now, students who are returning to campus (they have a choice of in-person or virtual learning) will come back Sept. 3rd. But all of this may change tomorrow. I'm very interested to see how many come back to campus and how many choose virtual learning. From what I understand those who come back will have to wear masks, along with staff. Good luck getting kindergarteners to wear masks and social distance. I know it's so hard for all ya'll who have kids having to make these decisions. You will make the right one.

Waves to Cataddict, Nathalie, and whoever else I accidently missed!! Hope you are all well!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 12:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Friends!

I hate to make you more jealous of the road trip, but all of the girls were there -- Cedie, Jai, Brenda, and Lorraine. So cool to meet them all and fan girl all over them. They were all very nice!! (as you'd probably expect) Nobody else has been on a road trip? I actually did the San Diego trip Cathe did, too.

ChelePA, good news on your foot! Ooooh, I feel for your daughter -- that feeling must be awful! Temporary.... it's temporary.....

fanofladyvols, ok, out of sight, out of mind, it is!! Your story about the carpet was so funny (here, from a distance) but I have to tell you.... we had a nice giant rug in one room and eventually we put a billiard table on top of it. Well, the rug was fine until then, but then my dogs thought it was a fort for them, and they dug at that rug and now it's got a giant hole in it. I don't even see it anymore, even though it's in plain sight. People who come over must think we are crazy, and we probably are. I'm just not sure what to do about it. Not easy to get that rug out.

Oh, and yes, the Insanity fit test is exactly what you described -- counting reps of different cardio moves that last one minute long. I'm not sure what possessed me, manleym!

Today I did my first Udaya subscription practice -- I did the first one in Rudy's Forged series. It's called "No Vinyasas" and let me tell you.... not long into it I was wishing for vinyasas!! It was mostly all about the quad/psoas so it was basically about an hour in lunge position. Ok, he had some variations, but it was tough!!!! I think it could also have been named "Slow Burn" -- which makes me really wonder what that "Slow Burn" one is really like. I'll get to it eventually but I feel like if all of the Forged practices are this way I may need to work some other things in between them.

Blood test was fine -- a little crowded in there, but no too bad and it was really fast. I don't have a thyroid at all anymore, and it's been a year since all that's been checked so my doctor wouldn't just renew the prescription. And.... turns out that's smart -- looks like my dose is a bit too high though I've not felt any hyper symptoms. I'm wondering if since I'm just about ten pounds lighter that's what made the difference. Anyway, I will have a video appointment with the doctor on Monday and discuss.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday. Or is it Blursday again?!
Old 07-23-20, 12:13 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Thursday!

Everyone – what is your favorite brand and flavor of ice-cream? I love peach, strawberry, pistachio and banana. My favorite brand is one that a dairy farmer in my area makes. The dairy store is called Pizzy's. There are usually long lines all day for their ice-cream. I am one of the few people in the world who does not care for anything chocolate, including chocolate ice-cream.

Today I did the new Cathe Live 307 - Core on the Floor and a Sleek barre technique 30 minute workout The Cathe Live was 34 minutes of core work entirely performed on the mat. It was okay. I prefer to do some of her DVD core segments. I made a playlist with just Cathe core segments and I use that one often. Right now, I find that I do not need additional core work because my core is worked extensively and often with Sleek Technique.

Bee- I want some of those grilled chocolate chip cookies. How do you get the temperature correct for making cookies on the grill?

Manelym- Even at the university everything is in flux. They are running out of time to make decisions and have everything in place by the beginning of the semester. I think they will eventually go to virtual learning for almost all classes. In person and virtually teaching are very different and demand different approaches. I have reimagined all of my courses for virtual learning and this is demanding a great of my time but I love teaching. Oh, a wine fridge! So nice! I had a glass of moscato yesterday evening.

Kate - STS is my most used Cathe workout program. Originally, she had envisioned doing a STS gym version but that never materialized. I love the STS Meso one and two strength workouts (minus the overuse of pushups in meso one). The cardio STS workouts are just okay.

Linda- I will send you my first draft of the Watulan song next week. Oh, why did you mention Dairy Queen? Did you go to Dairy Queen? You are making me want ice-cream!

Bee- I hope your excursion to the lab and the results you received were both good!

Enjoy the rest of the day.
horusosiris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 01:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Blursday, Watulans!

Quick drive-by today...Manleym, I have MTB plus the BB plus core 1 on tap for today and am really looking forward to it. MTB was my first return to Cathe a couple years ago after my long hiatus and I just lurves it!

Fanofladyvols, I ADORE your comment about the saddlebags and eyes!!! And this is one of the many reasons I love this group, PERSPECTIVE, hah!

Bee, hah...I totally concur on that No Vinyasa practice...I had posted many of the same thoughts a day or so ago! Please keep me posted on what the rest of those Forged practices are like, as I'm very curious (and yes, what IS Slow Burn if No Vinyasa wasn't Slow Burn??) I still haven't started my Udaya sub yet as I've just kinda got some crap going on right now and haven't had a chance!

Horusosiris, favorite ice cream?? That's hard! I don't actually eat much of it because it doesn't agree with me very well, but I still like it. I actually really love lemon sorbet but haven't had that lately either. I used to be a self-proclaimed chocoholic and them something happened and I lost my taste for it...haven't had any chocolate in nearly two years now. Don't understand it! Oh, but then there's gelato which I really like Talenti and a local store's product....and DQ Blizzards, yes!!!!

Stay fierce y'all!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 02:36 PM  
manleym

Blursday!! LOL!!

Today I did ICE Low Impact Step both workouts premix + Blizzard Blast. And Cathe name it appropriately because I. Was. Sweating!!!! Should be called Low Impact Drip! Overall a great cardio workout. I'll wander over to UDAYA in a bit and do another yoga. Thanks for the review Bee of Rudy's No Vinyasa. I saw it and it piqued my interest because well, it's no vinyasa. Think I'll stay away for awhile.

Anyone else notice that the ICE music is the same as some KCM workouts? Probably because they were filmed around the same time and Greg directs both. But every time I hear the countdown song in ICE, the one where the guy starts counting down from 10, I hear KCM saying, "That guys count is messing me up. What is he saying? Don't fall for it." from her Strength and Stamina dvd.

Horusosiris and all, I confess that DH and I eat alot of ice cream. We have 7 half gallons in our freezer. I know, ladies! No judgement!! We buy multiple flavors when they're on sale and are doing better at only eating ice cream on the weekends and not during the week.

Favorite? We LOVE anything Tillamook! It is so creamy! There has not been a flavor we haven't liked, but probably my favorite is Oregon Hazelnut and & Salted Caramel followed by a close 2nd - Caramel Toffee Crunch. But like I said, we have loved ALL of their flavors! And of course we have some Blue Bell, but Tillamook is better.

Moscato - is that a white? We drink reds - cabs, pinot noirs, blends. Total Wine is one of our favorite stores. Before the pandemic we loved going in and talking to the staff about different wines. They're so knowledgeable about the history of the wines/vineyards, etc. It's interesting to talk to them and learn about the different wines. Now we do curbside pickup. And I'm not going to tell ya'll how many bottles of wine we have. I'm only fessin' up on one thing today.

Funny about the chocolate thing. I didn't really like chocolate as a kid but have loved it since menopause (think it started in perimenopause). I have always loved anything strawberry flavored, as a kid, teenager, adult. Interesting how some tastes change while others don't.

So there ya'll have it. Dessert and red wine. My weakness. Love them both!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 02:50 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug and Manleym...Today I did Ice Metabolic Total Body. Love this one too! Basically use the same weights except I go a little heavier on 2 of the exercises. I find it quite challenging. I was a sweaty mess. I decided to do Core Max to mix things up-- Workout #3 that uses the medicine and stability ball.

Horusosiris...I'm more of a vanilla girl with oreos, brownies, or anything peanut butter mixed in I was curious about the core only workout today. What ones do you have on your core playlist?

Bee...glad your blood work is ok. I am hypothyroid. I can usually tell when I need lab work if I think my levels are off. Otherwise, I just get it done yearly. My daughter is also hypothyroid but she can't tell the difference on/off the medication. Her numbers were crazy high when first diagnosed. The only reason we picked it up is because I told her pediatrician I wanted lab work done based on her growth patterns and thinning hair. He thought it was normal and she needed to just go through puberty. Mother's instincts!!!

Manleym...you'll love Hooked on PHA when the time works out. I feel like she doesn't offer the PHAs as much on the repeating schedule.

As for going back to school...this has been a hot topic in our house. My daughter goes to a private school that plans on returning in the fall. We didn't feel comfortable with this option so we have decided to cyber school and probably will for the next 2 years. Her school is definitely not up for the challenge to switch to online classes if that becomes necessary again. My daughter didn't love high school. Just her friends She was perfectly happy switching. She's thinking of playing softball for our local district, which actually would be much better than her previous school. They had over 25 players on the team. It was crazy!!! Hard to get playing time.

My husband loves chocolate chip cookies. If he knows they can be made on the grill, he will be in heaven Any tips?
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 03:14 PM  
Mickey12

Wow, wow, wow! So many posts! The motivation is so completely inspiring! Thanks everyone!!

horusosiris two favorites when it comes to ice cream: Locally made, Manning's, caramel sea salt. National (I think) brand, Turkey Hill, chocolate marshmallow. I try not to have it in the house, though, because if we have it, we will eat it

ChelePA great news about your foot! Glad you found that waterproof glove for your daughter's hand too, that should help things.

Linda I have heard of the Spartacus workout but I don't have it. I think I saw it on Mary's site or somewhere. Are you considering it?

Bee, I am in the same boat as you with downdog and crepey thigh skin. That's when I notice it the most. Ugg. It seems like it happened overnight too. One day I had nice tight thigh skin, next day it was all droopy. I also like Linda's solution.

Manley a wine frig sounds heavenly! I enjoy wine, but I'm more of a sweet wine girl, nothing too strong or dry. I'm not what you would call an expert at all. If it tastes like grape juice with a little tiny kick, then it's my kind of wine.

Yesterday my workout was just a walk at lunch. I planned on exercising when I got home, but I was sort of worn out from work. It just didn't happen.

My husband and I are headed for a short vacation to Gettysburg PA this weekend. It's only about 3 hours from our house and it's a beautiful place to visit. The history is fabulous and the National Park Service programs are outstanding. We're doing mostly outdoor things to avoid any indoor crowds. I'm looking forward to getting away for a bit.

Stay fierce!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 04:07 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Wooowooo! Almost Friday which really doesn't mean much when you're unemployed. LOL

manleym: I love both but STS wins hands down. But it's so different with the split workouts. Between STS and Body Beast, these are the workouts when I can lift my heaviest. And you could totally do STS because you choose your own weights.

Bee: I have sooooo many great practices on Udaya I could recommend. Have fun with your subscription! Forged by Fire 15 Breaths is awesome. 6x6 OMG is pretty sweet too.

kittybug: Oh oh...do I need ICE? ;-)

ChelePA: I feel so bad for all the kids and having to decide if its safe to go to school!

Kim: I envy you going to Gettysburg. I'm a Civil War buff and always wanted to go there.

So FUN stuff with Cathe today. I totally pulled this one out of a hat after another VF friend did it...Cathe's X10. I did the P62 mix which was Step, Low Impact, Hi/Lo and Cardio Blast. I used the same weights as Cathe as I was looking for more cardio, not strength. Sweaty stuff. And I can't believe I only did this one once WAY long time ago and didn't like it at all. Now the impact doesn't bother me and the tunes were really fun too.

Have a goodie you Fine Fierce Females!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 06:32 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just have to say really quick, Manleym, I KNEW you were my long-lost sister! Where's my red wine emoji??
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 07:53 PM  
horusosiris

TGIF

Okay. I propose that we have an ice cream and wine tasting pool side party. Everyone gather your instruments and voices and we can make our first Watulans single and submit it for Grammy consideration. I am sure that it will hit the Billboard 100!

Manelym, Chel, Kittybug and Mickey, Manelym you are our leader for this affair because I see that you and your husband are ice-cream connoisseurs! There will be lemon sorbet and Talenti for Kittybug, vanilla for Chel, carmel salt for Mickey, and Manelym can pick any flavor that she desires. We can have a pool side, ice- cream sundae party and a wine tasting led by our very own Manelym! Ice cream and wine- now that is an interesting combination. Do not worry about the calories because we will invite Cathe and she will lead us through a five hour bootcamp class – LOL!

Chel- I think that I have all (most?) of Cathe's Ab segments from her DVD's in my playlist.

Kittybug – Two years with no chocolate? That would cause some people much distress- LOL. I have heard other people say that they lost their desire for chocolate.

Manelym- Oh! I love wine too. Lately we have discovered the wines from Chili and like them. I was never a fan of Napa Valley wines but I have discovered a few that I do like. Moscato is a sparkling or semi sparkling wine that is made with muscat blanc grapes.

Kate- Enjoy your trip. I have been to Gettysburg several times. I too am somewhat of a Civil War historical enthusiast.
horusosiris is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in