Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-20, 06:18 PM  
Mickey12

Manley, Christ Taylor is my absolute favorite for hi/lo. Totally Hot Cardio is really, really, really fun! I’m so glad you liked it.

I finally got with the Cathe program this week (it’s Friday after all ), and did Party Rockin’ Step #2, the less dancy one. It’s a ton of fun and not too brutal. I like the music and I really appreciate how Cathe arranged each section with a little kick in the pants at the end of each one. I also liked doing all the combinations together at the end. Fun stuff!

I got the rest of my new DVDs today, so I have 9 new ones to do since I still have Amy Dixon BB4 from Mary’s sale that I didn’t do yet. Woo hoo!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay fierce!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 07:41 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey gals!!

Quick drive-by again! Today I did one of the Travis YouTube yoga practices, the flexibility one that's supposed to be from the Level Up 108 series. I am pretty happy to say it felt awesome and thus far, I'm not in pain, yay! I am curious though...it's been a while since I've done any of the Ultimate Yogi workouts, but I swear that the UY Flexibility practice seemed more intense than this one did... Do any of you out there have both series and can you comment on the differences? I'm super curious now!

Tomorrow is a full rest day and then back to it Sunday. I think I'm going to be mixing in Slow and Heavy (finally!) with the 2013 series next week to shake things up! Have to see how that goes...

Happy holiday weekend, and stay fierce everyone!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 01:19 PM  
ChelePA

Cathe Live kickboxing plus core with weighted gloves. Also had time for To The Mat. I’m getting a little better at this one
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 04:10 PM  
manleym

Kim I'm on the hunt for Christi's Totally Hot Cardio. Working on a trade, so hoping it works out. Such a fun workout!!

I did PRS 2 on Saturday, and it was good! I'm glad I learned PRS 1 first because it made 2 that much easier. There were a few times I had to rewind in 2 but that was because of cuing and not being familiar with the workout. But I was able to get through all of it the first time!

Have you tried Amy's BB4 yet? It's my favorite! But I only have 1, 2, & 4 - no 3.

Kittybug don't have Travis's dvds so can't help -sorry! But I'm so glad to hear you didn't have any pain or problems doing yoga! That's great news!
I've been doing quite a bit of Yoga with Kassandra on YouTube and I really like her and her practices. She sometimes puts just a little twist on a move that I haven't done before. And she gives great form pointers.

I'm really loving this 2013 workouts! Did all of them but X10. I don't think I'll be doing it. I like the others too much. I really like the emphasis on lower body - 2 step, 2 leg, 1 kickbox, 1 metabolic, 1 tabata/HiiT. I wonder why Cathe doesn't use heavier weights? I know it's high rep workouts, but I'm surprised she didn't use 10's, at least for some of the moves. I'm looking forward to doing them again next week!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! We have a lot to be thankful for, especially to those who have served in the military.

Waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 06:23 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi gals!

Today was Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders followed by X10, just the low impact section, followed by a lovely hot bath. I realllllllly liked the Slow and Heavy workout and am looking forward to doing the other two workouts from this series this week, though I think my shoulders might be talking to me tomorrow! Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky, because all those rests in between sets made me feel like I was doing just fine, but now I'm sorta feeling stiff and can tell I'll be sore!

Manleym, thanks for that yoga recommendation, like I need more enabling, hah hah hah!! And I totally agree with what you said on the 2013 series and in some things, like Flex Train, I go heavier than her in spots where appropriate for me. I LOVE metabolic type stuff and high rep type stuff like this though, so this series is just a joy (except X77, which isn't, hah!).

This week I tentatively plan to use it as follows, also using Slow and Heavy (might have to dump the X10 on days with less time):

Today: Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders, X10 Low Impact
Monday: Party Rockin' Step 2, maybe the extreme premix
Tuesday: Slow and Heavy Chest and Back plus X10 Cardio Blast
Wednesday: Cathe Rockout Knockout plus heavy bag bonus
Thursday: Cathe Slow and Heavy Biceps and Triceps plus X10 Hi/Lo
Friday: Cathe Lean Legs and Abs plus bonus barre

Hope everyone is having a lovely holiday weekend for sure! Stay fierce, friends!!
Old 05-24-20, 07:59 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Kim I'm on the hunt for Christi's Totally Hot Cardio. Working on a trade, so hoping it works out. Such a fun workout!!

I did PRS 2 on Saturday, and it was good! I'm glad I learned PRS 1 first because it made 2 that much easier. There were a few times I had to rewind in 2 but that was because of cuing and not being familiar with the workout. But I was able to get through all of it the first time!

Have you tried Amy's BB4 yet? It's my favorite! But I only have 1, 2, & 4 - no 3.

Kittybug don't have Travis's dvds so can't help -sorry! But I'm so glad to hear you didn't have any pain or problems doing yoga! That's great news!
I've been doing quite a bit of Yoga with Kassandra on YouTube and I really like her and her practices. She sometimes puts just a little twist on a move that I haven't done before. And she gives great form pointers.

I'm really loving this 2013 workouts! Did all of them but X10. I don't think I'll be doing it. I like the others too much. I really like the emphasis on lower body - 2 step, 2 leg, 1 kickbox, 1 metabolic, 1 tabata/HiiT. I wonder why Cathe doesn't use heavier weights? I know it's high rep workouts, but I'm surprised she didn't use 10's, at least for some of the moves. I'm looking forward to doing them again next week!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! We have a lot to be thankful for, especially to those who have served in the military.

Waves to all!
I love X10!!! You can pick and choose to do one or several with the premixes. So flexible. And I like the combos of cardio and weights! Enjoy your rotation. Sounds like a good plan!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 11:18 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Sorry to be MIA.
Not doing very good. My Mom has been in the hospital for about 10 days. Started out as an infection, then the stupid doctors gave her too much pain and anti-anxiety medication and she almost overdosed!
They revived her but it was too much for her 87 year old body and she's now in hospice and waiting for her to pass. Don't know when...she's pretty much unconscious.
My brother is down in FL with her and my Dad. He took the risk with covid and drove there from VA.

I'm devastated. Still exercising but not much checking in. I'll be back later. Hugs to you all. Stay safe and well.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 11:20 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Sorry to be MIA.
Not doing very good. My Mom has been in the hospital for about 10 days. Started out as an infection, then the stupid doctors gave her too much pain and anti-anxiety medication and she almost overdosed!
They revived her but it was too much for her 87 year old body and she's now in hospice and waiting for her to pass. Don't know when...she's pretty much unconscious.
My brother is down in FL with her and my Dad. He took the risk with covid and drove there from VA.

I'm devastated. Still exercising but not much checking in. I'll be back later. Hugs to you all. Stay safe and well.
KateTT, I'm so, so, so sorry beyond words for this situation! Sending massive hugs your way and wish I could do more. Please take care of yourself and know we're all thinking of you.
Old 05-25-20, 11:35 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Sorry to be MIA.

KateTT - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 12:51 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Sorry to be MIA.

I'm so sorry to hear this Kate. My thoughts are with you and your family.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in