Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-20, 07:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

A Cathe chronological rotation and reflecting on the past

A few weeks ago I got a wild hair and decided to embark on a Cathe rotation in chronological order of year produced. Until today (when I ordered a couple of her older DVDs with my preorder), my oldest workouts of hers were the Intensity Series. I don't have every single DVD Cathe has ever put out, but I have at least some from each series since then if not most, so I figured this would be a fun adventure to try.

I'm three weeks into my planned four weeks of rotating the Intensity Series (Pyramid Upper and Lower, Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance, Imax 2/Cardio and Weights, and The Terminator) before moving on. Two things....one, this has kicked my bum in a really nice way, and two, WOW, I wouldn't say I'm bored, but I'm absolutely craving variety already now and can't wait to move on to the Body Blast series just for a change! After only three weeks! And that got me thinking...

I remember my early days when I only had The Firm (on VHS), the originals, and not even all of them. I'd rotate volumes 2, 3, and 4, and I did that for YEARS before discovering other workouts. YEARS. I can't even fathom that now.

I will say there's something to be said for repeating workouts like this. It has given me a gauge to notice improvement, and I can really focus because I know what to expect by heart, which is great. And I wonder if I'd be feeling this antsy if I didn't have all these other great series to work my way through, like back in the day, when we didn't have all these choices!

I guess I'm just reflecting on the past and appreciating what I have now!

This little reminiscence brought to you by the letter S, for sore, which is what I am!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in