Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-19-21, 09:55 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - If at first you don’t succeed, don’t try skydiving. 9/19

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 10:07 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a fun day. DH was still totally exhausted from the week and didn't feel like doing much. I figured he just wanted to veg, so I called my parents and asked them if they wanted to go to Wegmans (a nice drive) with me. They wanted to but needed to plan around going out to lunch, so I invited myself to go to lunch with them as well. I went over to pick them up and when we came back out to leave, my car wouldn't start. We left my car and they drove. It was a nice time and since I've felt like we haven't had much time together over the past few weeks, it was nice to catch up. When we got home from lunch, I called AAA and they came and replaced the battery, which I figured was probably the issue since we haven't bought a battery since we bought this car.

Today, we have things we want to accomplish at home, and I think it's going to be a lazy day.

Anita - I never heard of a driveway person showing up after dark. That seems counter intuitive. Glad it got done.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-19-21, 01:09 PM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started - I had no good quotes like the ones you come up with!

Today we went for a walk with Gus and a swim with Adelija - the first park we visited was stock full of people and cars so no parking places - they were having a golden retriever club walk, a running event for humans, and something at the train museum - not my idea of good walkability. So we went to another park and got a good walk followed by Adelija's swim. We'll be going to a circus show in a mall's parking lot and going out to dinner afterwards. Not a bad day, despite this being a whopper 90 degree day!

Laura, hope you figure out what killed your battery! I learned that if I had an indoor light on in my car, it would burn the battery all night and be gone by morning . Learned that the hard way! I'm just glad my driveway looks good! Yeah, coming twelve hours after the appointment was initially stated was a bit of a pain in the butt, but glad it happened and got done!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 07:45 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on waking Gus, although we'll be in the rain today. Also grocery shopping. Tonight I'll take down the sticks and ribbon for blocking our driveway and start using it again! Spades tonight!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-20-21, 07:53 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I felt sick all day - stomach issues and feeling worn out. I have felt better through the day and I'm hoping I'll wake up feeling pretty good tomorrow. Don't know where this all came from. So, I didn't get anything done today except for taking DH to a PT appointment and picking up an order at Walmart. Fortunately, they were in the afternoon.

Anita - I think mainly that the battery was past its useful life. We bought that car used 2-3 years ago and who knows when it was last replaced. It figures - it's whopping hot when you're taking in plants for the winter.

Below are a couple of possible themes. Put them in the queue:

Irony. The opposite of Wrinkly.

Crone Cronies - Friends don't let friends do crazy things... alone. 9/xx

Crone Cronies - You should read a book for every 10 selfies you take. 9/xx

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-21-21, 08:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm gradually doing the seasonal changes around the house - every three months, I replace filters in the heater/AC unit, my toothbrush, water filter in the pitcher, etc. I got the AC into winter mode outside. Today I'll work on flipping my mattress and doing all the deep laundry on the bed. My driveway should be dried off now from a sealer perspective! Yay! Back to parking in the garage. I'll be walking Gus and enjoying a cooler day today . If I'm ambitious, I'll start trimming down my outside plants as they're entering winter mode.

Laura, I hope the new battery solves your problem - nothing draining it further in your car. I'm hoping that was the last of the 90's days here - this week we're in the 60's and low 70's - nice walking weather for Gus.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-21-21, 05:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was much better. I felt fine as far as the stomach issues I had yesterday. This afternoon, I went to the YMCA and did a short walk on a treadmill and then went to the library to pick up books and picked up prescriptions. I also cooked fried rice for DH.

Anita - You are better at doing routine stuff than I am. Good job getting the seasonal tasks done.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-21-21, 09:52 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Hello from Dillon, Colorado. Beautiful here.

We flew to Santa Fe on Monday and explored the historic plaza a little, left this morning. Spent some time exploring in Taos then hit the road north to Colorado. We are now in Dillion at some high elevation I can’t remember, but BIG mountains are right out my window. Going into Rocky Mountain Nat Park tomorrow. I’ll write more when I get home.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 08:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on giving Gus a nice walk and putzing around outside - starting to cut up perennials that are finishing their season and putting away some things like my porch cover. I'll mow my front yard also - skipped it when the driveway was blocked due to the asphalt sealer.

Laura, glad you're feeling better - figure out what's going on?

Paula, hope you're enjoying your trip to CO! Enjoy the Rocky Mountain National Park!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-22-21, 07:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a good day. The grouting people came back and supposedly fixed the shower. We haven't tried it yet because they put a little bit of new grout in. But the big thing was a little metal piece on the door was upside down so instead of protecting against water, it was funneling it out. Anyway, we're hopeful. I also cleaned up a lot around the family room.

Paula - What beautiful country you were in. We so enjoyed the Rocky Mountain National Park when we were there several years ago. Have a great time.

Anita - I think I just picked up a 24-hour type bug somewhere and now it's over. Good job continuing to work down your fall to-do list.

Laura's Workout Mantras: