Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-20, 05:25 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I found them for $7. I used them in a backpack for leg exercises. I probably need a slightly smaller backpack. It’s actually most comfortable with all the weights in at once, because they lay on top of each other nicely whereas with one or two they start to bunch up a little bit or slide around. I don’t think I will use these for walking or plyo or anything like that, but they will work pretty well for a weighted backpack (vs buying those packs you can put sand in yourself for $30 or $40 each!).

They are each about a half pound off according to my scale. The 8 and 10 are short, the five is about half pound over.
That's interesting about the weights being off, but I shouldn't be surprised I guess. I will try to remember to weigh mine. I like your idea of putting them all in a backpack as a sandbag. I don't think I am up to that at the moment though. I am about to add another ankle weight to my pack to make it 7 lbs then up it to 8 etc. for walking. I know it's baby steps but I want my body to get used to it. I really don't need an injury.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 08:30 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Is there more than one Aldi near you? The ones near me get different items on clearance. I hope they are marked down soon.
I went to a different Aldi today and the weights are marked at $9.99 now. It is so odd that the pricing is different in different cities/states. This store had a bunch of them (as well as my usual Aldi), so I hope they mark them down again. If they didn't have so many on the shelf I would have bought them. I'm just trying to get them at the best price!
Old 11-22-21, 03:25 PM  
Vantreesta

OLD THREAD ALERT

I'm not able to check mine right now, but does anyone remember the weight of each of these soft weight plates? Also has anyone used the heaviest one as a slam ball? Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 06:25 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

5, 8 and 10 pounds. I have never used them as a slam ball but I guess you could. They are pretty flat unlike a ball.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 07:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Leslie! I hadn't thought about using one like a slam ball till I was looking again at sandbells that said they could be used as a slam ball and they're flat. My only concern is whether they would be tough enough to take the slamming. I'll just have to check when I can. Thanks!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-23-21, 02:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

alternative link:
https://www.aldireviewer.com/crane-3...ght-plate-set/

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 03:20 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Jeannine!

Tags
aldi, soft weight plates, weight plates soft