Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-14, 04:37 PM  
Yelly

Thinking of subscribing to Plex? Better do it now!!

If you're thinking of subscribing to Plex, now would be the time to do it. I just got this email from them saying they will be raising their prices for new subscribers:

Quote:
Upcoming price increase for NEW Plex Pass subscriptions

First, we want to thank all of you for the support and loyalty you have given us over the last few years. We truly have the most amazing and passionate community of media lovers on the planet, and it makes our job an absolute joy. If you already have a Plex Pass, rejoice! To show appreciation for your loyalty, the price of your subscription is not increasing (and if you were thinking about upgrading, now is the time). If you don't have a Plex Pass, this is your last chance to subscribe at current rates.

We’re working harder than ever to bring more Plex goodness to all your favorite devices, and we’re super excited about the things we’re working on and can’t wait to share them with you over the next few months! With premium features and content, sometimes come moderate cost increases. So on September 29, 2014 we’ll be making some changes to our Plex Pass subscription rates for new subscribers:
Monthly Plex Pass subscriptions will increase from $3.99 to
$4.99 per month.
Annual Plex Pass subscriptions will increase from $29.99 to
$39.99 per year.
Lifetime Plex Passes will increase from $74.99 to
$149.99.
For all of you PayPal subscribers, we now have support for recurring monthly and annual PayPal subscriptions. We’re also making it easy to view your billing summary by providing full transaction history and receipts.

Again, please note that these new rates will only affect new subscriptions moving forward. Of course, as we’ve mentioned in the past, we may need to charge separately for certain types of premium content, and we may need to adjust Plex Pass prices again in the future.

Thanks again for all of your support and keep an eye out for more new exciting releases coming very soon!

Love,
The Plex Team
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 05:43 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Danielle,
I love my Plex but I do not have Plex Pass yet. Can you tell me why you like it?
I am just about to buy the Plex app for my iPad air.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 06:00 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Can someone please explain how Plex and Plex Pass work? Plex is something I have not followed at all. I have an Ipad Air, Apple TV and Roku. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-14, 06:04 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Danielle,
I love my Plex but I do not have Plex Pass yet. Can you tell me why you like it?
I am just about to buy the Plex app for my iPad air.
I like the Pass because then you can sync your videos from Plex to your tablet or phone so that you don't have to stream them - they will be saved onto your chosen device, so no worries about internet glitches during your workout. That's also a nice option if you're going on vacation, and want to use your videos without streaming them.

The other cool thing is that you can use the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) as your media server, and stream them from there to Plex. For instance, right now I store all of my videos on my computer. If I would start storing them on a cloud service, I can just link that account to Plex and have access to my videos. Then you'll have access 24/7 (since the cloud is always on).

Hope this isn't hard to understand - I know it can get complicated. It took me forever to figure it out
Old 09-22-14, 06:20 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Can someone please explain how Plex and Plex Pass work? Plex is something I have not followed at all. I have an Ipad Air, Apple TV and Roku. Thanks in advance.
Hi Susie. Plex is just a place to store all of your media in one place - movies, music, and pictures. If you want to burn all of your dvd's or cds onto your computer, you can move them all to Plex, and have them all in one place. You can write video descriptions, rate what you watch, and you can choose a movie poster or album cover, so it looks pretty too!
A really cool feature is that if you have family or friends who use Plex, you can both share your libraries with each other!! I have yet to try this, since I don't know anybody else that uses it, but I would love to!
Plex also has Channels, such as Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, TedTalks, etc - where you can stream videos directly.

If you have the Plex Pass you can also: 1.Stream directly from the cloud 2.Sync your media to your phone or tablet 3.Automatically upload your photos 4.View movie trailers and extras.

They have apps for pretty much any device you could own, so it can be accessed with numerous devices.

hope this helps
Old 09-22-14, 06:48 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info Danielle! Do you have the lifetime membership?

Susie,
You have to try Plex.

I bought the Plex app for my iPad air. Why did I wait to buy this? I LOVE it.
Old 09-22-14, 06:55 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Thanks for the info Danielle! Do you have the lifetime membership?

Susie,
You have to try Plex.

I bought the Plex app for my iPad air. Why did I wait to buy this? I LOVE it.
Cool! I don't have an iPad, but I just ordered the new iPhone 6+, and it should be coming in tomorrow - I'm so excited to check it out on there!!
I don't have the lifetime membership, but I'm seriously considering it before the price changes.
One more thing I remembered - I think one of the features on the apple apps is that you can make playlists, but I haven't tried it yet
Old 09-22-14, 07:06 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Danielle,
My iPhone 6+ will be here in October. I did not pre-order.
iPad air has so much crisper and better display than my old laptop.
I have a lot of my workouts on my Plex lib.
Old 09-22-14, 07:07 PM  
Yelly

Ooh - another cool feature of Plex that I forgot to say is:

Let's say you're on YouTube or Vimeo or Dailymotion, and you like a video. You can press the Plex bookmarklet and it will add the Youtube video right to your Plex Queue.
I love it - use it all the time!
Old 09-22-14, 07:12 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Danielle,
My iPhone 6+ will be here in October. I did not pre-order.
iPad air has so much crisper and better display than my old laptop.
I have a lot of my workouts on my Plex lib.
I'm so excited for it! I've had my iPhone 4 for years now! (Have you seen the Apple Watch that's coming out?? I didn't even think I was interested till I saw it on the website!)

I pre-ordered mine at Costco, so I'm guessing that's why it didn't come in on the 19th like other places. But it was $20 cheaper, so it's all good

I've heard rumors that they're going to make a 12.9" iPad Air!!! I am saving my pennies already, ha ha!!

Tags
plex, streaming