Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-14, 04:15 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
Sidebar but this thread also makes me feel less guilty about all my virgins - who knows, seriously, what is going to happen to the DVD market in the future??
Candiceena -- I love this!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 04:25 PM  
Breezy Trousers

DVDs for me, too.

I'm not kidding when I say that my DVD collection is big enough & diverse enough to keep me busy & happy for at least another 5, possibly 10, years. (Thanks, VF. )
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 04:36 PM  
Ciara15

I love using DVDs, too. The only online workouts I like are YouTube ones.
Ciara15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 04:59 PM  
Tinks

I'm one who enjoys both DVDs and streaming. I love Jessica Smith's free workouts, but I also have 7 of her DVDs which I also love because they're shot outside.

I would be terribly sad if they stopped making DVD workouts because I love to browse through them, getting excited about all my options.

At the same time, I love the variety of streaming. I keep a laptop permanently plugged into my TV, so it's quite simple to pull up a program online.

I'm like this with books as well. I tend to buy most nonfiction as a paperback, and use my Kindle Paperwhite for fiction. My Kindle comes in handy at night because the light can go really low so that it doesn't bother my husband when he's sleeping. I also prefer to read my Kindle when I'm eating out alone. It's too cumbersome to read a pb while trying to eat.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 05:03 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post

I'm like this with books as well. I tend to buy most nonfiction as a paperback, and use my Kindle Paperwhite for fiction. My Kindle comes in handy at night because the light can go really low so that it doesn't bother my husband when he's sleeping. I also prefer to read my Kindle when I'm eating out alone. It's too cumbersome to read a pb while trying to eat.
Me too on the Kindle. In fact, there are some books I would NOT WANT to read on a Kindle, no thank you!! I love my Kindle ...I knew I was a goner the first time I went back to a regular book and tried turning the pages by tapping them, LOL!!! But with DVDs....but I'm finding I would rather have my DVDs than have to stream anything.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 05:06 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Streaming could never replace the "woo hoo" feeling I just got when USPS tracking said my newly purchased DVDs have been "delivered" and are waiting for me when I get home from work...

That said, I would try streaming if a) my up to date TV had decent internet availability, or b) we replace the monster non-flat screen TV that is in my workout room that wouldn't be able to stream, or c) my computer screen was larger. Maybe in the future, but I don't see myself fully replacing my DVDs.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 05:56 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I'm good with having enough DVDs to last me a long, long, long time. What I worry about is when they stop making DVD players.
Old 09-22-14, 06:01 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
The video market is losing me...
...because I've moved on to streaming.

This thread reminds me of the old VHS vs. DVD threads from years ago.
Old 09-22-14, 06:13 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I'm with you Scorpio! No streaming here. Satellite internet with no hope of real high speed internet in sight. I still have VHS tapes & a working VCR.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 06:36 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
The video market is losing me...
...because I've moved on to streaming.
If what you're streaming shows people moving, it's video.

Kelsey, that reminds me (although I may have mentioned it here before), when dvds first came out, I had a Blockbuster coupon for a "free video rental." I chose my dvd, went up to the counter, presented my coupon, and was told, "This is for video only." Uh, I don't know what they thought the "v" in dvd stood for, but I made my point and they accepted it. I used several free rental coupons at different times, and then finally they got wise and changed the wording to exclude dvd. I may have helped to cause their demise.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote