Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-14, 03:03 PM  
Rachel*Jacobs

What body improvements have you noticed from rebounding?

I have a rebounder (urban rebounder) but don't use it very much. I was wondering what results have you seen or noticed from rebounding?

You can go on the rebounding websites that sell them & they always have a lot of hype (maybe) to sell them. What results have you found to be true out of all of their claims?

Do you think that you really burn as many calories jogging on one of them as jogging outside? Have you noticed any weight loss from using one?

Just wondering if it would really help in my weight loss journey. Right now after supper I will do a 30 min. walk (just on the floor) with Leslie to up my calorie burn after supper.

Thanks for your input!
Rachel*Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 04:37 PM  
CHAPLYN61

I don't know about body improvements per say, but love the fact that I can do what would be high impact moves on the rebounder that I can't do on the floor. This was the best while I was doing 21 Day Fix. I know that they haved a modifier, but that was not enough impact and on the floor was too much for some of the moves. I would just hop on during the high impact moves and get some joint friendly sweat on!
Old 09-18-14, 05:39 PM  
Pam

I have not been consist enough in rebounding to see any changes in my body, but I second Chaplyn61's comment. I love being able to do high impact again.
Old 09-18-14, 07:23 PM  
Vantreesta

I would like to use my rebounder for some of the high impact moves in workouts but I'm always afraid of hitting the edge and turning my ankle. Do you find this to be an issue?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 07:39 PM  
Pam

I just bought a Bellicon and plan to use it more than I did the JumpSport. So, in the past, if I had not done any rebounding for awhile, I took my time to build up to the more advance moves again. I have turned one ankle numerous times, so I do take it easy.

Edited to add: One improvement that have I noticed from rebounding is better balance.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 07:54 PM  
Rachel*Jacobs

A long time ago - back in the 1980's or so - I had a cheap Sears rebounder that I used about 20-30 min. every day. I was also trying to lose weight then so was dieting also & one of my friends said that she thought that it made my legs look thinner & helped with the cellulite. I should try it again! So many other videos to do that I get side tracked.

I think that it also helped with balance issues.
Rachel*Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 07:57 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I haven't use my rebounder as I used to, but I remember when I first got it (before getting pregnant), and was doing 10-15 minutes every day while watching tv, my legs slimmed in few days and my stomach looked flatter (if that is a word) I was shocked! I was already working out consistently so I was surprise to notice that change so quickly. I also was more 'regular', so I think it was helping me in the detox area.

ETA: Rachel, I just read your post. I agree about the cellulite, I noticed that improvement too. I should use it again at least 10 mins. every day.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 09:19 PM  
BunnyHop

I've been using mine for a 'first thing in the morning' bit of health bouncing (about two minutes, usually I count to 200 bounces or so, am never really sure of the exact time it takes me.) I like the way it helps me get a bit more awake in the morning, let go of the stiffness and creakiness that creeps in overnight, etc.

I've been doing more strenuous bouncing with my mp3 player, off and on every day for a while now. I feel stronger, less creaky, as though my feet get a nice workout without causing me discomfort. For me this is a major benefit. because I've had issues with PF. I seem to have found that starting off slowly, just 2 minutes a day for a while, and gradually increasing my time has worked well for me. Sometimes with shoes (with arch support), sometimes barefoot.

I basically bounce til my feet tell me it's time to quit, then pick up again later in the day if I want more.

It's probably to early for me to notice any major changes in my physique, though.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-14, 07:42 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

To the OP, I do all my Leslie's on my rebounder. I can up the intensity if I want to, and it takes away the boredom factor for me. Since you are already doing Leslie, why not give it a try?

I do like it for the high impact moves on some workouts, too.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-14, 08:24 AM  
KaeLaVie
VF Supporter

I pulled mine out when I got a fitbit a couple of years ago... so I could more easily get in steps after a day at my sedentary desk job. I'd rebound while watching tv and made that time active rather than potato time LOL. I used it daily- first on my UR, then I upgraded to a JS (bungees are definitely an upgrade) and then 8 months later, I rewarded myself with a Bellicon.

Last Fall, I was in a slump and nothing enthused me except the rebounder. At that point, I decided it was non negotiable that I get in 10K every single day. I would then bump that goal to 11K, then 12K a day and so on. Most of those steps were on my rebounder. During football season, I would be on it for a good part of a game or two.

Without changing my diet or doing anything else, over about 3 or so months, I lost approximately 20 pounds and a lot of inches. It happened so quietly that I honestly didn't realize until my clothes literally started falling off. Even better, it addressed and almost obliterated lymphedema that I had under my arm from breast cancer treatment...swelling my oncologist said would never go away...

Rebounding is a GREAT workout - it actives every muscle, moves that lymph and tones your legs and abs. The one thing to keep in mind with doing it as frequently as I do, is to MAKE SURE that you are also doing pelvic floor exercises and keeping them strong. As we age, those muscles lose elasticity and the up and down motion can lead to prolapse. Make sure abs are in tight while jumping.

Now, I am back to incorporating many other workouts and once I did that, I lost more weight...but rebounding will always be part of my day...I have to keep that lymph moving!

I guess it's obvious - I'm a believer...I LOVE rebounding! (and my fitbit which is really what pushed me to my neglected rebounder in the first place.
KaeLaVie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prolapse, rebounder friendly, rebounding, successful weight loss