Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-14, 07:27 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Danielle,
Enjoy your new iPhone. I have an iPhone 5 & decided to upgrade. I should have pre-ordered lol. I might need a magnifying glass to read what is in the watch. I have to see it in person before getting one.
There is no end to iPhone releases.

My Plex lib has content from my son's desktop too.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 07:31 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Danielle and Mizach, thanks for your input on the Plex. I will definitely look into it.

I've been away from home for the last 2 weeks but when I get home, I will order the iPhone 6+ also. I saw my niece's 6 and it's a bit smaller than my HTC android phone. Definitely need the 6+ screen for these old eyes. The other phone I was interested in was the Note but I'm so tied to Apple because of the iPads, the iPhone makes better sense.
Old 09-22-14, 07:46 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Danielle,
Enjoy your new iPhone. I have an iPhone 5 & decided to upgrade. I should have pre-ordered lol. I might need a magnifying glass to read what is in the watch. I have to see it in person before getting one.
There is no end to iPhone releases.

My Plex lib has content from my son's desktop too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Danielle and Mizach, thanks for your input on the Plex. I will definitely look into it.

I've been away from home for the last 2 weeks but when I get home, I will order the iPhone 6+ also. I saw my niece's 6 and it's a bit smaller than my HTC android phone. Definitely need the 6+ screen for these old eyes. The other phone I was interested in was the Note but I'm so tied to Apple because of the iPads, the iPhone makes better sense.
I hope you two enjoy your new phones too! It's always exciting to get new toys, ha ha! I'm an Apple girl, and my hubby is all Android - but after he saw the new releases, I think he's finally going to switch, ha ha! I'm excited because now that they have that Family Sharing thing, we can share all of our apps
I have a TON of stuff on my Plex too. I think you'll really like it, Susie - even if you just get the free version, it's definitely worth having!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 06:00 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I stuck with an iPhone for consistency. Also, I already have a lot of fitness, productivity, life management & camera apps for iOS.
I want the biggest screen possible.

Back to Plex. I am still weighing the cost of getting the Pass.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 08:01 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Do they have good documentation to step non-techies through doing all this? I just set up my Roku this past weekend and had trouble accessing my downloaded workouts from it and couldn't find documentation in understandable English to tell me where I went wrong. Of course, I haven't had a lot of time to look into it yet.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 09:17 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Do they have good documentation to step non-techies through doing all this? I just set up my Roku this past weekend and had trouble accessing my downloaded workouts from it and couldn't find documentation in understandable English to tell me where I went wrong. Of course, I haven't had a lot of time to look into it yet.
Well, yes and no. When I had trouble understanding something, for the life of me I couldn't figure out what they were talking about. Here is their support page, which has a bunch of topics (and they also have a user forum linked on this page, which may prove helpful):https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us

It took me forever to understand the whole "server" thing. I don't know why I couldn't get it through my brain that my computer is the server where all of my videos are kept, so it has to be on in order for Plex to access it. After I got that figured out, it's been fine.
Old 09-28-14, 08:53 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I just bought the lifetime pass for $74.99; I wanted to get in on the lower price before it goes up. I'm all about streaming now and I've been using Dropbox and Google Drive to stream some of my videos when not at home. This will also be easier when I share videos with my daughters who live on the opposite coast. Now I have to figure how to set everything up.

Danielle, thanks very much for the heads up about the price increase. I actually had gotten the same price increase email but I had deleted it without reading.
Old 09-28-14, 10:55 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
I just bought the lifetime pass for $74.99; I wanted to get in on the lower price before it goes up. I'm all about streaming now and I've been using Dropbox and Google Drive to stream some of my videos when not at home. This will also be easier when I share videos with my daughters who live on the opposite coast. Now I have to figure how to set everything up.

Danielle, thanks very much for the heads up about the price increase. I actually had gotten the same price increase email but I had deleted it without reading.
You're so welcome

Tags
plex, streaming