Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-21, 06:44 AM  
Tugger31

Question I need a new Rotation!

I need some focus and consistency, but feeling pretty indecisive. I'm looking for a rotation that is about 30-40 min per day, a good mix of weights and cardio and that is low impact or easy to modify, preferably no ab work b/c I like to do that on my own b/c I have some neck issues and can't do crunches/sit ups. And, if possible, nothing that has alot of constant changing from standing to floor work to standing, it can wreak havoc on my vertigo!

I prefer dvd or youtube, no streaming. My only goal now is just consistency and low dread factor. I own pretty much everything Cathe, alot of Jessica Smith (though getting a bit burnt out there), some FIRMs (though in the past couldn't get in to many of them but willing to try them again). I have some KCM dvds but never can click with them, honestly don't even know why I still have them!!

Thanks!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 06:59 AM  
jackie7

Caroline Girvan or Heather Robertson on youtube. Both have rotations.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 12:24 PM  
IceQueen07

2/Lazy/4Gym posted a 4 week rotation with Heather Robertson that may work for you. Just only do one of the workouts instead of the 2 she lists. I'm on week 2 and it is pretty good.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 01:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

ICE 30 Minute-ish Rotation

Lol...I went to post this and had to laugh. ..Tugger your own rotation!

I am going to post anyway in case someone else may be interested
Quote:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=223027

This is nothing super inventive on my part. I just took the Level 1 ICE rotation and subbed in shorter premixes. None of the premixes I chose include Icy Core segements, but some of the premixes that are less than 30 minutes so you could add abs on those days. The Level 1 rotation is also 5 days a week so you could add your own core focused day with maybe 15 minutes of abs + 15 minutes of extra stretching that day.

Mon--Rock'm Sock'm Timesaver Premix #4 5 Gone (35:31)
Tues--Chis Upper Body TS Premix #1 5 Gone (33:37)
Wed--rest
Thur--MTB TS Premix #4 MishMosh (31:38)
Fri--TTM TS Premix #4 No Floor, Ball and Band only (32:40)
Sat--LIS TS #4 Cardio 1 (22:54)
Sun--rest

Mon--Chis LBB TS #5 Mixed Up (35:41)
Tues--LIS TS #10 Cardio 2 (27:53)
Wed-- Chis UB TS #3 Standing Only (24:50)
Thur--Rest
Fri--BootCamp TS #4 No Abs (35:54)
Sat--TTM TS #7 All Floorwork (23:12)
Sun--rest

Mon--Rock'm Sock'm TS # 5 Less Kicks (39:52)
Tues--TTM TS #2 No Stability Ball (35:02)
Wed--Chis UB TS #2 On the Mat (26:59)
Thur--LIS TS # 8 Blizzard Blast (37:16)
Fri--Chis LBB TS # 4 No Jacks (39:31) or TS # 1 Bliz Blast (30:41)
Sat--rest
Sun--rest

Mon--BootCamp MishMosh Premix Scrambled Express (38:52)
Tues--LIS TS # 16 1/2 Cardio 2 + 1/2 Cardio 1 (27:11)
Wed--MTB TS #4 MishMosh (31:38)
Thur--rest
Fri--LIS TS #14 Cardio 2 + Blizz Blast (37:22)
Sat--Rock'm Sock'm TS #16 Punching Combos (24:21)
Sun--rest

There were other shorter premixes that incorporated more Blizzard Blasts, but I chose the more intermediate ones. I tried to mix up the premixes I chose for each workout each time it appeared for variety.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 02:09 PM  
Tugger31

Dang, I wrote a pretty good rotation, lol! I had forgotten all about that one b/c I never saved it/bookmarked it, just threw it together and posted in here. I'll have to look into this one, but I think I'm looking for something not Cathe or Jessica right now.

I pulled out some of my FIRM workouts but since I don't do them often and the names are as confusing as heck, they kinda just sit on the shelf!
Old 03-29-21, 02:22 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

What about the new Jenny Ford Walk Across America series ( https://www.walkacrossamerica.fit/wa...ith-jenny-ford) ? I am waiting for mine to arrive. The ad says it is a complete program with cardio, mobility, strength and stability components. I needed a no dread factor workout so I bought this. But, you might be looking for a harder program. I can't help you there! My only other recommendation would be the Jessica smith ones but you said you were sick of those! Good luck!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 03:13 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Dang, I wrote a pretty good rotation, lol! I had forgotten all about that one b/c I never saved it/bookmarked it, just threw it together and posted in here. I'll have to look into this one, but I think I'm looking for something not Cathe or Jessica right now.

I pulled out some of my FIRM workouts but since I don't do them often and the names are as confusing as heck, they kinda just sit on the shelf!
You originally wrote that rotation for me. I did it and loved it! I think I need to revisit it
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 03:37 PM  
Tugger31

Jenny Ford sounds intriguing but don't like streaming and also not sure I want to spend money unless I can see some previews. I have some bulging cervical discs (had surgery on one of them about 18 months ago) and have some limitations that I work around now, but if I have to do too many substitutions, it's frustrating and also not worth the money! I'll keep my eye on these those, thanks!!
Old 03-29-21, 04:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:

I saved it bc it was a good rotation.

I get wanting to use something else.

My daughter is using the Firm and she just stops at the 30 minute mark or when that circuit ends at that mark. Works well for her.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 04:41 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Jenny Ford sounds intriguing but don't like streaming and also not sure I want to spend money unless I can see some previews. I have some bulging cervical discs (had surgery on one of them about 18 months ago) and have some limitations that I work around now, but if I have to do too many substitutions, it's frustrating and also not worth the money! I'll keep my eye on these those, thanks!!
They also come in DVD's!!! They are on Amazon or on her website! There is a trailer on her website! Good luck!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotation, rotations