Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-21, 05:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Since the weather was nice, I took Thurs., Fri., & Sat. off. We did a number of things out and about...eating lunch out, running errands, etc. So, I did nothing in the way of exercise. And, today is Sunday...and still no workout. Daylight Saving Time has me really tired today. Plus we got a few snowflakes, but nothing stuck. ;-)

Last day to get Jessica's Lift and Shift, and I've gone back and forth all day. I don't like feeling the pressure to purchase, commit to a 90 day program, and then there are the longer 50 minute workouts (four) in total. Purple player still has me a bit baffled. I download it to my tablet, but all I see is a blank white screen. Now, I did not purchase the workouts, but have an account on Jessica's site which I used for the Lift and Shift sight. I think if I were to purchase I could play the workouts using an HDMI cable with my tablet and TV in basement where I work out. Even if PP didn't work I could play from Jessica's Lift and Shift web page. But, honestly....I think I'm just going to wait and MAYBE get it in June. And....it's a big maybe because I will probably still want to stick with shorter workouts. I just dunno.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 08:12 PM  
donnamp

Pam - I almost caved today, but I have talked myself out of it - it is 9:00 p.m. so unless I change my mind in the next three hours I'm safe, LOL!

I am not ready to commit to it and I figure if I wait, I can read more reviews, etc. to determine if it is what I want to do or not.

We shall see if I make it over the next three hours!!

The time change had me confused all day today....hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 12:30 AM  
Leonana

Today was some yard work in the front yard, pulling weeds. Then I walked for almost three miles on the canal path. It was a nice day, still cooler from the rain.

No DST here in Arizona, so I didn’t have to adjust. I’m always grateful we don’t have it. They did try it in 1967, but there were so many complaints they changed back. Plus, energy soared with more ac use. We do not want an extra hour of daylight lol.

Liz, I think I overdid it with WS3 too. I’m a bit nervous about Lift and Shift. I don’t think I’ll be doing three months but who knows.

Donna, I don’t know what my coronaversary would be, since I’m home all the time. I think our state shut down April 1. That’s interesting about the pelvic floor affecting the back.

Pam, tbh I’m not sure I’m going to use Lift and Shift as intended. I don’t think I have the endurance for it. I’ll probably modify a lot. It sounds like you would have to contact PP support. They did fix my problem, but it took a week and was a headache. The Lift and Shift website does seem to work better than PP.
Old 03-15-21, 12:55 AM  
lizh

Hi all,
I did another Pahla workout today. This one was cardio and weights and it was great!

I ordered Lift and Shift, but not sure when I'll start it. I may peek in on the group, but I don't really want to do it that way.

Pam- the purple player works pretty well. I have a few of Jessica's older workouts on it. The nice thing is that you can download the workouts so you are not at the mercy of your internet connection. I've even burned some of her workouts from the PP to DVDs so I can play them on my TV rather than my iPad. I have a really old TV and I don't think I can use an HDMI cable. Nice that you enjoyed the weekend and spring is coming!

Donna- I am very confused about the time change. It annoys me every year!

Sherry - I hope you enjoyed your walk and the cool weather.

Wishiwasinhawaii - did you cave and buy lift and shift?

Have a good one all,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I succeeded in not purchasing Jessica's Lift and Shift - sort of a miracle as I was really waffling yesterday. Overall, I'm glad I didn't - i feel it is a set I would need to work up to and also would need to sort of change my workout focus to do - more strength - less cardio and fusion. I may want to go in that direction some day, but not right now...so although I suspect I will have Lift & Shift envy from time to time, it was probably best for me to wait on the purchase....

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Arms & Abs - this is her newest workout on her streaming site and is pretty much self-explanatory from the title!!

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 min morning stretch - I really enjoy Kassandra's short morning practices.

I may walk today at lunch - the weather still looks nice although it is cooler and more windy...or I may catch up on Lucy's challenge at lunch.

I am still off b/c of the time change...I wish we would just stop messing w/ the clocks and pick a time and stick to it.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 03-15-21, 08:35 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I did a Total Gym workout and a Lucy walk. It's sunny, but cold and windy here so I'm not going outside.

I didn't cave on Lift & Shift either. I just can't do it right now, so it really wasn't a difficult decision. Waiting until June is better for me. Hopefully the price will not go any higher. I'm enjoying the Total Gym workouts and will stick with those for now. I may do WS2 in another month or so. Once we get into consistently warmer weather, I will be doing a lot of walks outside too.

Have a good day!
Old 03-15-21, 04:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lift & Shift Total Body Strength Compound Supersets!

Hi everyone.

Well, I did cave at the last minute, figuring I could get a refund if this didn't work well for me. As I posted in the GD thread, I had problems with wi-fi speed via my tablet and TV hookup in basement. Also, was unsuccessful with Purple Player after deleting a number of aps to free up space on tablet, too! So, no luck yet.

I did manage more than half-way through the first workout, which I liked okay....between freeze-ups and pauses. This was intended to be 50 minutes, but I only did 40 minutes....though was in my basement for much longer trying to get things going.

Since I purchased this new program, I'll try to do at least three workouts a week, and the longer workouts I'll probably shorten. I know as the months get warmer, a June rotation of Lift and Shift would probably be a bust for me. I'll want to be getting outside and am hopeful DH and I will have had our vaccines by then.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 05:55 PM  
Leonana

Today was Lift and Shift Total Body Strength Supersets. I did this one about a week and a half ago. This time I did the full workout. Well, I took some water breaks, skipped the ab crunches, and didn't always do all the reps! It was tough, but I enjoyed it. Wow, doing bridges with the sliders, instead of stepping out with your feet, really works your legs a lot harder. My legs are feeling it.

I'm happy with the purchase, but still not sure I can keep up with the schedule. I will try this week and see how it goes. I did get dehydrated while working out. I didn’t drink enough water beforehand. Once I took some water breaks, I was okay. But I need to be careful.

My daughter used part of her stimulus money to buy a new laptop. It is lighter and smaller than her old one, so it will work well when she is in a physical class again. And I am the recipient of the old one, lol. It works great for Lift and Shift. Our tv/dvd combo is a cheap one, and I can't see the screen from the floor. However, I can see the screen just fine on the laptop. I'm really enjoying it.

Now, I just need 12 pound dumbbells, lol.

Pam, welcome to the dark side, ha ha. I did have PP with five Jessica workouts on it. However, L&S didn't appear in my PP account. I could access it from the L&S website. However, I decided if I was paying $97, then I wanted the full deal. Also, I might want to download it at some point. In addition, I couldn't use it on my Roku. It took about a week of emails, but they were able to fix it. I hope your issue is easy and quick to resolve.

Liz, I didn't realize you could burn PP workouts to a dvd.

Donna, good job on resisting. I guess Jessica did you a favor with the cut off date!

wishiwasinhawaii, that's great you are enjoying the Total Gym workouts. They sound very effective.
Old 03-15-21, 11:39 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
Another day, another Pahla B workout. I really liked today's workout which was walking with weights. Even though I was using 3 pound weights, there were a lot of moves with the weights above my head. Good workout. During some of the squatting moves, my knees were hurting. Not sure where that came from but I hope it goes away!

Sherry, good job on Lift and Shift! and congrats on the new laptop! Perfect timing for the new program!

Pam, I'm happy to hear you bought Lift and Shift. I'm looking forward to reading your impressions of the program.

Donna, I agree! I wish we would stop messing with the clocks. Today, I was exhausted all day.

wishiwasinhawaii, I may join you with WS2 after I finish this month of Pahla.

Have a good one!

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 08:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday at lunch I did Lucy's Feel Fabulous Challenge Day # 4 - which was a quick 10 min workout

Today, so far has been:

Lucy's Feel Fabulous Challenge Day # 5- which was a body weight circuit - he stuff reminds me a little bit of Pahla's in that it looks like it will be easy, but it sneaks up on you.

Ellen - Yogini Sculpt - this is from her 7 day series. I enjoyed it, particularly the hip mobility at the end.

Sherry - Glad you have a new-to-you laptop. I workout w/ my Chromebook mostly - I like being able to bring it to the floor w/ me for floorwork, etc.

Liz - I am glad you are enjoying Pahla. I may pop one of her workouts in this week...I'm missing her!

Pam - yes, good point about the 60 day guarantee!

wishiwasinhawaii - waves!

After I either finish Lucy's challenge, or grow tired of it, I am thinking of either a Gilad rotation (he generally goes 21 days) or Jessica WS 1.0...we shall see!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy