Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-21, 06:28 PM  
Leonana

Well, I'm still having an issue. I would explain it, but it's so confusing, I don't understand it myself, lol. But I can still stream it from the Lift and Shift website, so that's good. I just need to figure out how to download it to my laptop.

ETA: success! It’s all fixed now. Phew! If any of you have questions in the future, I could probably help you haha.
Old 03-11-21, 10:23 PM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Sorry to be missing in action. Lots going on. I think the last time I was here I was complaining that our water heater broke. We replaced it and there was still water in the garage! Long story told short, there was a pipe behind a wall that was leaking. All is fixed and now we just need to air it out and patch up the holes. Ugh. But it makes me glad I am a renter.

For workouts, I have just been doing Pahla's 30 day weight loss from January. I have been enjoying it but today was intervals of walking and it was pretty boring. I think I'm on day 10.

Other news- I got my first vaccine shot on Monday. I got a letter from my employer because we are an educational institution. It took me a day or two to find an open appointment, but the shot itself was easy and painless. No side effects! I got the Moderna.

Sherry, so happy to hear you got the purple player finally working! And you had such good luck at the thrift store! Very sweet to think of me, but I am already overflowing with DVDs!

Pam, you seem to be in a good groove with some fun workouts. I have never tried Lee Holden or David-Dorian Ross but they are on my list!

wishiwasinhawaii - I can hear your dread about going back to work. I just can't imagine we will go back to the way it was with 5 days a week in the office. I am SOOOOO dreading going back. Ugh. Not sure what I am going to do about that. I had a commute that was 1.5 to 2 hours round trip.

Donna, if you husband needs to go back to work he may want to look into volunteering at one of the sites (check people in or show them where to go) In California, if you volunteer for 4 hours you can get the vaccine at the end of your shift.

Waves to all!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 09:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I walked w/ my DD and Golden. It was lovely outside!

Today, so far has been:

Lucy Wyndham Read (LWR) - Run to the Mountains (this is the cute one w/ the wolf)

Lucy Wyndham Read - Feel Fabulous Challenge Day # 3 (lower body)

Trifecta Pilates - Stability ball workout

Jessica Valent - Sciatica routine - great leg stretches in this one!

Not sure what else I will have time for today.

Liz - that is great that you got your first vaccine already! in MD there is so much confusion about who is eligible and when, and it does seem to be a full time job to research and sign up. DH is registered at three sites, so whoever contacts him first, I guess....and I am registered at two...but I think I'm in Phase 3 - General Population. So...who knows...I do find Pahla's walks to be a bit boring - I prefer when she mixes it up w/ weights. I can't remember Day 10 off the top of my head, LOL! What a pain about the water leaking...

Sherry - that is great news!!

wishiwasinhawaii - I don't think being vaccinated is a requirement for DH to return to work, but he would prefer to be vaccinated before returning, which makes sense. The trouble is - it is a bit of a nightmare to get an appointment - Maryland is not doing a totally great job with this roll out. But he is registered at 3 sites and i was able to register at 2. Some sites won't let you register if you are not in the "phase" that is being vaccinated. Oh well....I think it would be low risk for DH to go in w/out being vaccinated though - w/ his hours he works at a time when not many people are there to begin w/ and his office has made a lot of modifications - still it is silly b/c there is no reason to go in. My office has just put tape on the floor marking six feet off - his place has re-done things w/ air filters, barriers, etc.

I'm sick of COVID!

Waves, Pam!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 09:00 PM  
Leonana

I didn't get anything in yesterday evening. DD and I watched a show on Netflix, and I completely forgot.

Today was a you tube workout, Fitness with PJ, 25 Minute Workout with Weights. It wasn't easy, she moves fast with heavy weights. She used 30, 20 and 15 pounds! I used 10, and that was a strain. Her channel says for women over 40, but she is a bit tougher than I expected. Even the warmup was a workout. Although, it was a shorter workout, so I guess she was packing it in. I did enjoy her style though, and would like to try her again.

ETA: Okay, I did try her again, lol. This evening, I did a low impact cardio. I enjoyed it. It wasn't easy, but after WS3 it wasn't too hard. I like PJ's personality, she makes me laugh. The only downside is that she does a lot of bending over moves, which tweaks my right SI Joint. I have to really focus on my form, I tend to not engage my abs. I also need to make sure I have a neutral spine. And for arm moves, that my shoulders are back and down.

I can definitely tell a difference after doing WS3 for four weeks. I didn't lose weight, but I'm stronger, have more endurance, my balance is better, and I am more toned. Lift and Shift might kill me, but I'll probably have more muscle! I think I'm not eating enough protein. I definitely need to limit the carbs and eat more protein and veggies, or I won't have enough endurance.

Donna, I'm glad you and your dd and golden had a nice walk in lovely weather. It turned cold and rainy here! But should warm up soon.

wishiwasinhawaii, It does sound like it makes sense for you to stay home, I hope your boss realizes it.

liz, I'm glad you got your leak fixed, that does sound like a pain. Congrats on getting your shot!

Waves to Pam.
Old 03-13-21, 04:05 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a good exercise day!

This morning was Slim Sculpt w/Ellen

This afternoon was a long walk w DD - it was probably 7+ miles. And when I got home I did some leg stretches...needed that.

It was a nice day w/ many signs of spring. Today is what we call "coronaversary" - last March 13th was my last "normal" week in the office, my last day in the office as actually March 20th, but last year, this was the last Friday of the last normal week. It was also the last day my DD was in school in person. My DH started working from home on March 18th. Crazy to see it is one year later....

Sherry - those leaning over moves do me in, too, although I think I have gotten a little bit better at them. I think doing Pahla's workouts have helped b/c she tends to move more slowly which lets me focus more - that is great about your results from WS 3.0. I still think I'm going to pass on Lift & Shift for now, but I think a WS rotation is in my future. Or maybe Jessica's Spring Ahead program....that may be a nice one to do! I definitely need to eat more protein, too.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 03-13-21, 05:14 PM  
Leonana

Today was cleaning house, vacuuming and mopping. Then two short Jessica you tube cardios, Hotel Room Cardio and Kickboxing Abs. Kickboxing Abs was one of her first, from 2011! She had a full sit-up, and once again I was able to do it! Not perfect, but passable. At first I thought it was because of WS3, but now think it’s because of kegels. I started doing them regularly a year ago, and I think they also strengthened my abs along with my pelvic floor.

Donna, wow seven miles! That’s awesome. Yes, moving slower on those bending moves sounds like a good idea!
Old 03-14-21, 01:45 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,

Happy weekend! Since I had dog duty today, I took my dog for about an hour walk and listened to podcasts. We go at a leisurely pace.

Yesterday and today I did Pahla's 30 day weightloss from January Day 10 and Day 11. Today's routine was cardio and yoga. It was a little strange, but I was surprised by the end of it, I was sweating. Lots of balance moves! I thought I had improved my balance with Jessica, but Pahla is teaching me I still have a looonnnng way to go.

Sherry, thanks for mentioning Fitness with PJ. I've looked at her before and thought I would like her. That is great that you feel stronger after WS3! I think I improved my strength as well while doing that rotation, but I think I pushed myself a little too much with it. I'm so relieved to be doing these 20 minute Pahla workouts!

Donna, that is funny that you are celebrating the coronaversary! I'll have to try to figure out what my last day was in the office and celebrate as well. Boy, I can't believe it has been a year! During this last year, I really became a homebody in many ways. When I go out, I'm so surprised to see so many people on the roads and in the stores! I hope all the numbers keep going down.

Waves to Pam and wishiwasinhawaii!

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 08:04 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Nothing yet today. Daylight savings has me all confused as to what time it is, LOL.

Donna, Wow, 7 miles! That's very impressive. My "coronaversary" was March 12. Hard to believe that was a year ago. I went to work that morning and then left at lunch to pick up my nephew from college because his college announced they were closing and everyone had to leave ASAP. I took him home and never went back to work. Crazy! I have gone back to the office a few times to pick up some items and get my laptop fixed, but I have not been there more than a couple of hours.

Sherry, I have a question about Lift & Shift. There was an email yesterday (I think) that says if you don't buy it now, it won't be available again until June. Is that true? I'm a little confused, lol.

Liz, Walking for an hour at a leisurely pace sounds good. I'm going to try that today since it seems it's going to be a bit warmer out.

Waves, Pam!
Old 03-14-21, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

After yesterday's walk I decided that today would be an active recovery day, especially b/c we plan to walk again today!

so....

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Yoga for Beginners

Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc Practice - I really like this one, there is a lot of focus on stabilizing the spine and doing extensions, rather than forward flexion. those are all good things for me.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm a bit disoriented from the time change, too. I do believe that Jessica said the program would not be available again until June. I'm trying hard to avoid buying it today...I'm tempted, but I don't think I would do it....I may try to do Jessica's Spring Ahead rotation instead.

Liz - I think Pahla sneakily works your core and balance...I do like those short workouts....

Sherry - I think you are on to something w/ the pelvic floor - it is all connected and a weak pelvic floor could cause back pain, too. Jessica V has a few practices for pelvic floor, I should incorporate those into my routine.

Waves, Pam!

Donna
Old 03-14-21, 11:52 AM  
Leonana

wishiwasinhawaii, yes that's right, you can't purchase it after today. Once this three months session is over, it will be offered again. However, price is TBD.

I'm not sure why she is doing it this way. Some speculation in GD (yes, I still read there, lol) is that she wants to keep the group smaller, since they are answering all of the check-in posts. Jessica didn't post about it on FB and IG until recently. So, she hasn't been advertising it for two weeks, just the email and word of mouth.

Some people are hoping the price will go down, but I don't know. Jessica doesn't usually lower prices after the initial release. Well, WS3 is on sale 10% off, but I think that's still higher than the release price. Hopefully, the price will be the same in June.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy