Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-18-21, 06:26 PM  
Leonana

Today was cardio step jam. I used the lower step. Then I did my volunteer filing for a couple of hours. My endurance is getting better, I’m not as tired after the workouts.

Pam, I like Step and Stride, it’s a good intensity for me. I hope the snow stops soon. I hate it when I lose a long typed post!

Donna, lol on the Walk and Talk description. That’s great you made your decisions on streaming

wishiwasinhawaii, good job on completing WS1.

Liz, I hope you got a good nights sleep.
Old 02-18-21, 10:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
Yesterday I did the beginner workout for the Total Gym and that was fun.
Did you do Todd Durkin's Beginner workout? I really enjoy Todd!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_C8ur3CZfo&t=8s

I ordered a couple of Todd's circuit workouts and just from previewing, I won't be ready for these just yet, ha! These take place in his gym and he has stations with clients that do a timed exercise and move to the next station when they're done. So you could set up your workout space with various activities and change up. Someone is bouncing a ball off a rebounder in one. Another is on a cardio machine. Another on the Total Gym.

His Intermediate one is another great one, and a step up from "Beginner" but do-able. It's the same setting as the "Beginner" DVD. I was going to just sprinkle the Intermediate one in every so often, but have only done it twice so far, LOL!

I've been doing more of Rosalie's workouts this month and really enjoy her, too!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 01:24 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today Pilates + Yoga was on the schedule but I did Poise and Grace instead from WS2. I felt like doing something I knew I was going to like.

Sherry, sorry to hear you are not getting lucky at the Goodwill with DVDs. The hunt is all part of the fun! I like Cardio Step Jam.

Donna - It will be fun to follow you on the Four Weeks of Fusion. I like Jessica's Fusion workouts. They are often sneaky but I feel like I get a good workout.

wishiwasinhawaii and Pam- I hope you are digging out from the snow and it was light and fluffy for your shoveling and not a back breaker.

Tomorrow is Friday!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 09:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday after my meetings I did Ellen's new workout - Moving Meditation - it was 20 min and Yoga/CS/T'ai Chi -ish. I enjoyed it.

After reading and responding to threads about Pahla B on GD, I started to miss her, so today, I did:

Pahla B - Low Impact Cardio & Standing Abs - this is one from 2019 - she sent it out to her subscribers mid-week this week as a suggestion for a workout to do. She has recently changed her mini challenge format, so instead of sending a new playlist for the week every week, she is just filming 7 new workouts and releasing them in a playlist on the first of the month. But, it seems like she is also sending out a mid-week suggestion for an alternative workout to do as well. Anyway -this one got the job done and gave me the dose of Pahla I was missing.

Jessica Valent - 10 Min Pilates stretch.

So glad it is Friday!

We didn't get as much snow as predicted - it was a mix of sleet, freezing rain and snow - it is over the most part but still frozen out there.

I may do LWR's Winter Wonderland walk today after my meetings.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

sorry to be quick - just got a late and disorganized start to my day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 10:23 PM  
Leonana

Today was WS3 Barre Sculpt. I went up to 4 pounds, so was proud of that. Now that I know I can do leg lifts, I was able to do most of the ab moves.

Jessica did one crunch with the ball under the shoulders, but I put it behind my lower back. I find I can do crunches if the ball is behind my lower back. I'm able to do the ab work in her Barre dvd, because she does put the ball behind the back in the floor workout. I think I might drag out the ball for the ab work.

I also bought a child's playground ball from Walmart, it works better than the Gatorskin Special 7 ball I found at Goodwill. The Gatorskin is also a child playground ball, but made of foam and smaller than the Walmart ball. I'm able to grab the Walmart ball better with my hands. And it sticks to my skin, so it stays put behind my legs in the leg moves. The foam ball kept popping out from behind my legs, which was annoying!

Pam, I checked out the video. The Total Gym looks pretty amazing!

Liz, I skipped Pilates + Yoga the first time it was on the schedule! I'll probably do it at least once, just to refresh my memory.

Donna, I'm glad you enjoyed your Pahla workouts. TGIF!
Old 02-20-21, 02:25 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Happy Friday! The weekend is here!

Today I did Total Body. I felt like I got a good workout in. I mostly used 8 lbs. I need to get new 10 lb dumbells since the ones I have were my husband's and the grip is too thick. They bug me!! Is it still impossible to find dumbbells in the stores or online? I will look this weekend.

Donna - glad to hear you didn't get too much snow! The Ellen sounds good. I'm thinking of subscribing to her site when I am finished with this Jessica rotation.

Sherry - Good job on Barre Sculpt. That is a tough one. I don't have quite the right ball for that work out either. Mine is too big and keeps falling out as well. I had the perfect one but my dog popped it. Oh well.

Hope you all have a good night! Waves to Pam and wishiwasinhawaii!
Liz
Old 02-20-21, 09:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday as a break from my desk I did Day # 24 of Lucy Wyndham Read's Advent Calendar challenge - I 'm a bit behind, LOL! It was the winter wonderland walk w/ the fun background and the owl. I still have Day # 4 to finish before I can say I did it, LOL!

Today was:

Jenny Ford - March Across America # 1 - Utah. She put her March Across America series up for free on You Tube in honor of her son who sadly committed suicide earlier this year. The workout was her usual - Marching/low impact but the scenery was nice w/ the mountains in the background. Her You Tube channel for this series is Freedom Fit - she also has her own Jenny Ford channel. I do enjoy these for the scenery and she also has a Step Across America series. Some of those are available on Amazon if you have Prime.

Jessica Valent -Pilates for Runners - this was a good routine. I always feel better after doing Jessica V's Pialtes workouts...

Which brings me to - I'm going to switch gears for awhile and focus more on Pilates and PT type exercises along w/ low impact cardio and some basic strength stuff.

My SI joint has been flared up more or less since December - it was a little bit better in January but started to really bug me this month. I honestly don't think it is exercise that is the problem, I think it is more likely the movements and habits I have in real life that bother it. I know some of it is from the endless sitting I do in my home office - but some of it is also postural habits I have - like always crossing my legs - while it is good to be flexible enough to do that it is probably best not to do it all the time since it can weaken ligaments and such.

Anyway, I broke down and ordered an SI belt - and I'm going to try that for awhile. It is supposed to help stabilize the joint. Your are supposed to wear it 24X7 for 10-14 days and then just during the day for another couple of weeks.

I know I probably should go to the dr or see about PT - but honestly, I don't really want to - in part b/c of COVID - I don't necessarily want to go in person for a bunch of PT appointments and I feel that I have a sense of what I should be doing anyway - so we shall see how this works. Although I suppose I could probably do a telemedecine visit w/ my dr to get a referral and then probably could just get a list of exercises from a PT to do at home - but I do think they will mostly be what I know to do anyway - bridges, clamshellls, working on glute and hip strength and stability. So - basically Pilates!

I was able to do my workout w/ the SI belt and had no trouble sleeping w/ it on either. And, the good things about it so far is that if nothing else, I think it will help me to correct my postural habits - as it is a reminder to sit up straight, not cross my legs, not slump to one side, not to stand w/ one hip jutted out, etc. So that alone may be worth it. We shall see! I think it might also help me to cut back on the snacking as it is a reminder of my waistline, LOL!

Hopefully I'll be in shape for Jessica's newest when it is released!!!

And, it is good timing b/c there are a couple of Pilates challenges coming up in the next two weeks to keep things interesting!

Liz - Ellen's workouts are nice - they are low key - and feel good. Her streaming is not expensive either - $5.95/Month. Good job w/ your workout!!

Sherry - you are making great progress w/ your workouts!!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Pam!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 09:01 PM  
Leonana

Today was WS3 Yoga and Strength. It has some tough yoga and balance moves! But I did enjoy it, although I almost fell once lol.

Liz, too funny about your dog popping the ball. I think you can find dumbbells, they are just twice as expensive. Found my 10 pounds at Play It Again Sports. I got a pretty good deal, but it was a few years ago. Good job on the 8 pounds. I’d like to get 12 pounds, although I still need to work up to 10!

Donna, I hope the SI belt helps. I think I need something to keep me from snacking!
Old 02-20-21, 10:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello all,

Just popping in to say "hey there!"

I didn't work out Friday or Saturday, but plan to be back at it on Sunday!

It snowed throughout the day and night Friday, and I was expecting to be shoveling today! One of the reasons for holding off on my workouts. But now snow is melting again and sidewalks are mostly clear. Maybe tomorrow driveway will be, as well.

And, my mom is getting ready to move out of her Senior Living Apt., in AZ and I've been trying to help with setting up utilities and a few other things (movers) from afar!

Donna, so sorry you haven't been feeling well and I hope the SI belt helps! I do way more sitting at the computer than I should. I just don't move enough during the day, unless it's my workout or going up and down the stairs.

Sherry, and snacking....I about ate a whole bag of garlic parmesan kettle chips tonight. When I'm really tired or stressed (thanks mom) I snack.

Good night everybody!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 02:47 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Just checking in to let you know that today I did Cardio Interval Sculpt. This is a good one.

Donna - Good luck with the SI belt, it sounds painful. I hope that it helps with the flare up.

Sherry- If you find the cure for snacking, let me know! That is my problem too. Good job on Yoga and Strength!

Pam - Glad to hear the snow wasn't too bad. Sounds stressful to move your Mom long distance. My Mom is 3000 miles away and it is not easy!

Wishiwasinhawaii - I hope you have made it through the storms with electricity and heat and water intact.

have a good one all,
Liz

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy