Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-02-21, 06:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Shovel Max!!!

Hi Ladies,

All the shoveling today wiped me out! Sore shoulders and rear end, for sure! I will do WS2 Day 2 Total Body Circuit tomorrow. I did manage some Pilates on the Total Gym, as well as Jessica's 6 Mile Mix Steady Burn mile!

Hope those of you that were hit hard by this recent storm survived it! Looks like more is on the way. And, I see some snow in the forecast again for next week. Boo!

Take care everyone!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 06:59 PM  
Leonana

Sunday was WS3 Total Stretch. That is a nice stretch, there is some finger and toe stretching in it too.

Monday was Cardio Interval Sculpt. I actually struggled more with this one that the Met Con. I used 5 and 8 pounds, and had to slow down on some of the moves, and especially the cardio. I took a couple of water breaks, and paused the dvd. But I liked it, I think more than Met Con. I also like that a lot of the high impact is side to side, and I was able to do it. Jessica mentioned in WS3 One Mile Walk that the side to side had less impact, and I realized that's why I'm able to do it.

Today was Goodwill, we went to two Goodwills and I walked about two hours. I plan on the WS3 15 minute stretch tonight. I saw a few Leslies, but they were old and looked like the dvd's were scratched. They were some sort of band workout, a black band with handles.

Today was a sunny and warm day, with a high of 82. I actually wore shorts this afternoon. Our storm was last week, rain here at my house and snow in the North, and even a light snow in North Phoenix. It was cold for us last week, but the rest of this week is supposed to be in the low 70's, which will be nice.

DH is an independent contractor for moving companies, and he brought home a new dining room set for us, he bought it for $120. Solid cherry with six chairs and three leaves. It's really nice.

Although, our cats jump on the table frequently, so we have to figure out something to cover it with. Dh wants something clear to see the wood table. I checked on Amazon, and the reviews said the folds do not come out of the clear tablecloths or sheets of clear film. Also, the plastic might stick and damage the finish, so the frosted plastic film was recommended. We are planning on checking fabric stores to see if they have it on a roll.

Liz, the garage will be cleaned out one day. But then dh will bring more stuff home, lol.

Donna, That's awesome that the snow wasn't heavy, plus you have your meals prepped for the week.

wishiwasinhawaii, it sounds like a pretty scary storm. I'm glad you are able to be home and your power didn't go out.

Pam, shovel max seems like a tough workout!

I hope everyone stays safe in all the storms! You can give me some sympathy next July when I'm sweating in 115 weather, lol.
Old 02-02-21, 07:29 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today's workout was Shovel Max. We got 17" here, which is not the most I've ever seen, but the difference with this storm is that is went on for 3 days. I'll get back to WS1 tomorrow.

Pam, It's great the Total Gym came with all those DVDs! I'm going to do the beginner workout since it's up on their site and is free and see how I like it. If I do, then I may do their subscription. It says they add new workouts every month. It looks like they no longer sell the DVDs. I saw there's more snow later this week, but it doesn't sound like it'll be a big deal. At least I hope not!

Donna, You're lucky you didn't get the heavy snow. It was a blizzard at times and was scary. I really need to check out more of Lucy's youtube stuff.

Sherry, Wow, that's a great price for such a nice table! 70 degrees sounds great to me right now, LOL. I don't think I could deal with 115 though!

Waves, Liz!
Old 02-03-21, 03:23 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone!

I missed a workout yesterday. I got caught up in work and then just wanted to move on to dinner, so I talked myself out of it.

I would have done that again today, but I knew I needed to check in with you guys. So Thank You! for welcoming into this check in. I enjoy reporting my work out every day.

Today was supposed to be Metabolic Conditioning but Barefoot Cardio Core sounded much better so I swapped around a couple of days. I think I'll push Metabolic Conditioning to Thursday since I am off work that day and will have more time to huff and puff my way through it.

Sounds like you had some serious snow Pam, wishiwasinhawaii and Donna! I certainly don't miss shoveling. Especially when I lived in Boston, I didn't have a garage or a driveway, so it was always a big production to clear out the cars and then worry about saving the parking spots. Ugh.

Sherry, congrats on the dining room table! what a great deal! Pam, glad you are having fun with the Total Gym. wishiwasinhawaii that is a lot of snow! I'm glad you didn't lose power. Donna thanks for all the workout recommendations. Do you miss Pahla?

waves to all,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 10:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Rough night last night w/ sleep so I am a bit low on energy and got a late start - so far today, I did:

Blessful Body - Barre Flow w/ Weights - it is a short - 30 min barre type/fusion class - it was pretty low key but good for being tired.

I plan to squeeze in a LWR walk later today - after my meetings and then something stretchy tonight.

Last night I did Ellen's Kick Butt workout which is her take on kickboxing - it was 20 min so not too long.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Sorry for the lack of personals - just rushing this morning...

wishiwasinhawaii - that is a lot of snow - I think more is headed our way. We had snow for 3 days as well but not that much. In fact, it is flurry-ing right now.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 12:33 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 2 (Circuit #3 Total Body Focus!)

Hi Ladies,

Some kettlebell inspired exercises in this one! I was a little too tired today, but pressed on! I just got some triceps ropes for the Total Gym, so would like to try Rosalie's workout that uses the ropes later on! We'll see....

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 12:51 PM  
Leonana

Last night I did do the 15 minute WS3 stretch, and also some foam rolling. I really like this stretch, it has some of my favorite moves.

Today was Upper Body. So far, this is my favorite strength workout in the set. I used 5, 8 and 10 pounds. I had enough energy to work out this morning. I'm sleeping better lately and getting up earlier. This rotation is wearing me out, lol.

I have noticed that Jessica moves faster than other heavy weight workouts I've tried on you tube, and faster than the Get Strong dvd. So, this is pretty advanced if you go as fast as her, and with heavy weights.

Waves to everyone! I'm babysitting the four year old today. We're going to the park later, and I'll be walking a lot. Good thing it was Upper Body today!
Old 02-04-21, 01:16 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today I did Tone & Flow. It was perfect for today. About half of it is using light weights. I used 3 pounds which felt pretty doable for me. I noticed that at the beginning of the routine it mentions you can use from 3 to 8 pound weights! I can't imaging using 8 pounds!

I have a day off of work tomorrow. I have a lot of vacation time and if I don't use it, I will lose it and I certainly don't want to give my vacation days away. Even if I don't go anywhere, it is nice to sleep in and just lounge around. I've got a low key day planned with the exception of Metabolic Conditioning! That routine scares me. hahaha!

Donna - I hope you get a nice deep sleep tonight to make up for last night
Pam - You sound like you are having a blast with the Total Gym
Sherry - Upper body is tough! I really had to lower my weights the last time I did it. Enjoy the 4 year old. That is a fun age.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I got the itch for some steady state cardio so I went with:

Leslie - 5 Boosted miles - Miles 1-3, i didn't do the whole thing. 2-3 miles w/ Leslie is my sweet spot - beyond that I either get bored or my hips/low back start bothering me from all the repetitive motion.

Jessica Valent - Renew and Restore - this was a nice stretch routine - worked well after Leslie.

Yesterday for extras I did LWR - Advent Day 19 - and a night time Pilates practice from Trifecta Pilates (You Tube).

I may be crazy enough to try to get Miles 4 & 5 from Leslie in later today - but we shall see how the day goes.

I think I needed the mental health boost of some steady state cardio - with the weather and darkness it has been hard to get out regularly for walks other than on the weekends.

Liz - I also have a lot of vacation time to use - I really do need to schedule some days off - the trouble is we are so busy it is ridiculous. I did sleep much better last night!

Sherry - you know, the pacing on Jessica's stuff may be what makes it difficult for me - I'm going to keep that in mind and just go slower - I like that Pahla B goes pretty slow for her strength workouts - although sometimes I find myself speeding up b/c it is too slow for me.

Pam - I hope you are recovered from Shovel Max

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii - I hope you are also recovered from Shovel Max.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 10:59 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I forgot to post yesterday. I did Cardio Party, which was just what I needed as I recovered from shovel max! Today was Barefoot Fusion Sculpt.

Donna, I have days where I feel like I need steady state cardio, especially during the winter. It's tough to go out for a walk right now since it's icy out and some sidewalks are still covered in snow.

Liz, I have a lot of vacation days this year. We can carry over 10 and I carried 7, which is the most ever for me. I'm taking the 16th off because I also have the 15th off for Presidents' Day so it'll be a long weekend. Like you said, I just want some days at home where I can do whatever I want and not be working.

Sherry, I agree about Jessica's pacing at times. I end up using lighter weights because doing that many reps with heavy weights just isn't possible.

Pam, Wow, I didn't know the Total Gym has triceps ropes!

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy