Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-14, 06:43 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorygorgon View Post
It really comes down to two things: you have to change your diet and exercise. No -one really wants to hear this, but it is that simple. Clean up your diet and move.

I had to completely change how I think about food, feel about food and use food. Same with exercise. I consciously DECIDED to love exercise and I worked at it and tried many different things to find the movement that works for me and that I LOVE doing. Working out and eating right are not huge chores and sacrifices. It is my lifestyle and what I want to be doing. This change did not miraculously happen. I had to WORK at it.
Insightful! Thank you.
Old 08-24-14, 12:14 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I went from a size 28 to a size 10 (and sometimes 9). I did it by working out to Richard Simmons, for which at the time I could not do more than 20 minutes. I used his food plan as well. The first week I was down 11 pounds. I stayed on play all the way down to a size 10. After many months when his exercise got too easy, I turned to workout videos. The Firm to me was revolutionary as it was women using weights to workout. That had always been frowned upon as possibly causing bulkiness and looking like a man. I still use my Firms but now on dvd lol.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 05:36 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
I went from a size 28 to a size 10 (and sometimes 9). I did it by working out to Richard Simmons, for which at the time I could not do more than 20 minutes. I used his food plan as well. The first week I was down 11 pounds. I stayed on play all the way down to a size 10. After many months when his exercise got too easy, I turned to workout videos. The Firm to me was revolutionary as it was women using weights to workout. That had always been frowned upon as possibly causing bulkiness and looking like a man. I still use my Firms but now on dvd lol.
First of all, congratulations. You are a marvelous success story,

but I want to add that your story is why I love Richard Simmons. He actively works to make fitness and health attainable for men and women who have a great distance to go.

I have (had--lent the durned dvd and can't remember to whom) one Richard Simmons workout, and he's wonderfully upbeat, and his attitude it infectious.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 07:02 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
First of all, congratulations. You are a marvelous success story,

but I want to add that your story is why I love Richard Simmons. He actively works to make fitness and health attainable for men and women who have a great distance to go.

I have (had--lent the durned dvd and can't remember to whom) one Richard Simmons workout, and he's wonderfully upbeat, and his attitude it infectious.
Agreed! I love Richard, too, and really anyone who makes fitness accessible to people of all sizes and fitness levels.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight loss, weight loss 75+ pounds