Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-14, 12:45 PM  
antbuko

Sufferfest Subscription

So I've been wanting to try one of the Sufferfest videos, but I didn't want to download a ride and not be able to stream it to my television. I e-mailed them and asked if I would be able to stream via a Roku or Chromecast and they wrote back saying a Roku app was coming next month and they would offer subcriptions so that you could use as many videos as you want for one monthly fee. They didn't mention what the fee was.

It seems monthly subscriptions for streaming workouts is really catching on now. I may still buy one of the videos now though, because I'm not sure I'd get enough use out of the service to warrant a monthly subscription. I guess it depends on what the subscription fee is.
Old 06-30-14, 12:50 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
So I've been wanting to try one of the Sufferfest videos, but I didn't want to download a ride and not be able to stream it to my television. I e-mailed them and asked if I would be able to stream via a Roku or Chromecast and they wrote back saying a Roku app was coming next month and they would offer subcriptions so that you could use as many videos as you want for one monthly fee. They didn't mention what the fee was.

It seems monthly subscriptions for streaming workouts is really catching on now. I may still buy one of the videos now though, because I'm not sure I'd get enough use out of the service to warrant a monthly subscription. I guess it depends on what the subscription fee is.
Do you have the Roku with the USB port? I have all the Sufferfest videos downloaded and stored on an external hard drive, which I walk over to my Roku and plug in.

I'm happy to hear David is choosing the Roku app for his streaming service. I wish Cathe did. Some of the other streaming services are difficult for me to use since I don't use a notebook or laptop to stream.

Thanks for sharing that tidbit of info!

ETA: Sufferfest is like Lay's Potato Chips...
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 02:20 PM  
antbuko

I'm not sure if it has the USB or not, but in any case I don't have a laptop. I have a desktop and the Roku is connected wirelessly to my network. I have a Chromecast in the bedroom and I'm loving that too, but my bike is in the livingroom and would love to stream from the Roku there.

ETA: I don't have an external drive either.
Old 06-30-14, 02:28 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I'm not sure if it has the USB or not, but in any case I don't have a laptop. I have a desktop and the Roku is connected wirelessly to my network. I have a Chromecast in the bedroom and I'm loving that too, but my bike is in the livingroom and would love to stream from the Roku there.

ETA: I don't have an external drive either.
I haven't looked at the newer Roku channels/apps, so there might be a simpler solution, but maybe try PlexIt. The quality may degrade a little, though.

You could also burn it to a dvd if you still have a dvd player in your living room. Freemake is free to download and easy to use.

Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 03:31 PM  
antbuko

Thank you!
Old 07-01-14, 12:15 AM  
Sinclair

If you burn them to DVD you have to take care whether your dvd player can read MP4 files! If not (and many of them don't but maybe that's an Europe thing?) it won't work that way - you'll have to convert them.
I bought the all 16 DVD Pack (I hope they continue to make downloads not only streaming) and I converted them using the DivX Converter since that's the format our player reads (DivX is expensive but you can trial it for 15 days which is what I'm doing). I didn't burn them on DVD just put them on our external drive since our player has a USB slot - easy as that.

I know nothing about Roku or Apple TV since most of the time I download directly to my Laptop and work out from there but for my bike I need the big TV in the living room - but thought I'd throw that in here.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 05:10 AM  
antbuko

Thanks, Sinclair. I hope they keep downloads available too. I plan on downloading one of them and see if I can get it to stream to my TV using the Plex app.