Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-14, 11:26 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AOS - Kettlebell Sport Training DVD

"The “Art Of Strength: Kettlebell Sport” DVD is designed by Anthony Diluglio and Valerie Pawlowski as a work along tool for the beginner or advanced person to build efficiency in kettlebell training. Valerie Pawlowski, Owner of Punch Kettlebell Gym New Jersey, Co-Owner of Art Of Strength New Jersey, is ranked CMS (Candidate for Master of Sport) in Kettlebell Sport, has competed in seven championship competitions and is certified as a Kettlebell Sport Coach with IKSFA, International Kettlebell Sport and Fitness Academy and the AKA, American Kettlebell Alliance. Valerie is a proud member of AKA, in partnership, working strongly towards efforts of broadening the participation in Kettlebell Sport while striving to create solid organizational and unified efforts with all countries, clubs and athletes for Kettlebell Sport to one day be included as an Olympic event. Training for the sport side of kettlebell lifting is much different then the actual sport is. Your goal being efficiency, our goal is to give you the grip strength to hold on longer, the stamina to last longer and conditioning to utilize your body’s movements properly. That’s what makes Kettlebell Sport Training Volume 1, “Val’s 50/50” the ultimate workout and tutorial for sport or strength in kettlebell training. The progression in “Val’s 50/50” of working up towards completing the rounds of 50 Push ups and 50 Snatches provides a challenging goal. “Val’s 50/50” builds strength paced with speed, for completing an intense effort towards achieving lifting volume which kettlebell sport demands. Train using Val’s 50/50 workout and keep getting stronger!"

http://www.artofstrength.com/product...ining-dvd.html

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 12:02 PM  
BunnyHop

Also, did anyone else notice?

AOS Providence is available, and for a pretty good price compared to what they used to be.

Just thought I'd mention it in case someone wants it.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 12:45 PM  
Castella

RE: Providence, I say OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I finally was able to purchase a DVD version (at a much higher price) plus I have a digital version to boot. I'm super happy to have it, maybe enough people beefed that he brought it back.

The sport training sounds interesting. I can do 50 snatches, but not as fast as Anthony can and I don't know how spectacular my form is. What matters to me is that I can do them without stressing my shoulders on the down movement. I can also do 50 pushups, but not all at once. I truly loathe pushups, and find it easier to endure the torture in small doses that I can almost pretend aren't happening. So I hope this workout isn't just pushups and snatches. Grip strength makes me think the dreaded pullup might be on tap.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 11:53 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I actually took a class with Valerie when I first started with kettlebells. Her gym ( A Punch affiliate ) was too far from where I live to take classes there regularly. I am not tempted by this DVD.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 12:10 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Ireid, it seems like you didn't enjoy the class at all? The 50 snatches is a big turn off for me, I not even can't do a properly one yet

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 09:46 AM  
Eibhinn

I don't find snatches terribly difficult, and feel like I'm a weirdo because of it. I know I'd be tired if I did fifty snatches, but it still sounds completely doable (not so much 50 push-ups). I actually find high pulls WAY more awkward and difficult. It makes me wonder if I'm doing everything wrong or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I actually took a class with Valerie when I first started with kettlebells......
I am not tempted by this DVD.
Are these two points related, or is it the nature/description of the workout that doesn't appeal to you?
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 11:28 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Snatches are intimidating for someone new to kettlebells, but once you get them they're a piece of cake. Form is everything when you're learning, so you shouldn't push past your ability or exerience level. Practice with some good instructional dvds, and the snatch will become a natural movement.

This dvd doesn't excite me, either. I don't want another kettlebell "babe" workout where Valerie (in this case) has no camera presence. Not to disrespect Valerie, but I'm such a big fan of Anthony's. I will wait for a better clip, but so far not biting. And, I usually love all things AOS!

Anthony doesn't appear to be in the dvd, at all. Only a producer and co-creator? Huh.

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 11:32 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Also, did anyone else notice?

AOS Providence is available, and for a pretty good price compared to what they used to be.

Just thought I'd mention it in case someone wants it.
Wow, that price is incredible! I think I paid something like $50 for this dvd when it was first produced. Crazy! And, it's still one of my favorites!

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 11:33 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Wow, that price is incredible! I think I paid something like $50 for this dvd when it was first produced. Crazy! And, it's still one of my favorites!

Pam
I wonder if it could be a dvd-r version.
Old 05-03-14, 11:39 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
I wonder if it could be a dvd-r version.
I recently purchased Firepower and Newport from Amazon, but AOS was the seller. Firepower was a DVD-R, but Newport was pressed. Both were $11.95.

So you're kind of rolling the dice here...

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art of stength, kettlebell sport training