Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-21, 10:02 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I took a rest day yesterday since I have had so much trouble sleeping that I had zero energy. I did take a walk in the morning and PHA3 + core + extended stretch on Monday.

Hi to everyone. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 06:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Still resting guys but overall feeling much better. Back is feeling better too. I think
I will take a casual stroll tomorrow and then an official walk on Friday. I will probably run 3-4 miles Sat or Sun.

We have had beautiful weather here, mid 70s during the day and low 50s at night with low humidity. But pollen is really bad,

Cher Michigan’s increase in cases is so concerning. Gosh I hope people will get vaccinated ASAP!

Gosh Jbliff praying for a good night’s sleep for you.

Vannie is it still pretty cold up your way?

Gibbee thinking of you and sending hugs.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 05:57 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jenny Ford Walk Across America Maine. Ugh, today is the day I have to quit wearing my contacts for the week for my eye doctor’s appointment next week. It’s going to be a long week.

Karen - Glad your back is feeling better. We hit 80 degrees yesterday! WooHoo, it was so nice out! But, that was a one and done for now. Lol. I know, the cases are going crazy here. I partially blame a lot of this increase in cases because they didn’t make the vaccine easily available here in the beginning. It is still hard to get an appointment but it is getting a little easier.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 05:52 AM  
Cher

Yesterday’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body Up premix. Ugh, I’m so out of shape. I just don’t even know what I should be trying. My hips and knees just seem to ache anytime I’m trying to work out.
Old 04-09-21, 06:35 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical. Wednesday's workout was High Step Challenge + core + Total Body Stretching basic stretch.

Cher
- Have you tried doing more stretching? I find that now I'm stretching a lot, my aches and pains have diminished considerably and I'm way more flexible. Good luck with the eye doctor's appointment next week.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.

Karjoy - I see that Florida is also experiencing a surge, no surprise. Our area just reported the biggest one-day increase in cases in almost two months. It's so frustrating.
Old 04-09-21, 06:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, have you tried doing glute activation work? Very often weak glutes can cause pain downstream. I've been doing some Caroline Jordan workouts on YouTube for my glutes and hamstrings. Good luck with your eye appt.

Karen, way to go on the race! I'm in awe of anyone with the discipline and dedication to train and run that far!

JBliff, any better sleep the last couple nights?

Gibbee, thinking of you! Thanks for sharing the wedding pictures. They were lovely and so wonderful how you were able to include Darrell's memory.

We had about a week of 70s and even got to at least 84 one day but back in the 50s for a while and it has been rainy this week. I've been dealing with foot pain at the base of the fifth metatarsal. I'm hoping I haven't let it go too long and caused any damage. I'm pretty sure it's an issue of mechanics and shoes. In the fall I put off getting new walking shoes and then forgot about needing new ones until I walked a week or two rotating old ones and my feet started hurting. I bought a new pair this week. The pain is mostly just my right foot, which is also the one that has had tarsal tunnel syndrome and the worse of the two for plantar fasciitis in the past. I'll get arch support insoles for my new shoes and start doing Jill Miller's foot exercises to strengthen my feet after not walking barefoot all winter. I have a chiro appt this week and will talk to him about it. He has adjusted that ankle for me each year when I start running outside again. This is the first year it hasn't felt jammed resuming street running and I wonder if the jumping rope helped that.

I don't remember when i lasted posted workouts. There have been too many light and rest days. Last wknd we played D&D on Saturday and on Sunday I helped those same friends with moving, even though it was Easter. Monday I know I ran and did my Caroline Jordan and Helen Clare warmup and cooldown, and I think I did Kassandra's yoga. Tuesday I think I just did Kassandra's AM and PM yoga challenges. Wednesday I went to my friend's for lunch and we sat and gabbed for three hours and then I had grief group so no workouts at all that day. Yesterday I did glute activation, SUAT workout 5, Triple Threat Running upper body (a virgin that didn't super impress me but my chest and shoulders are sore today) and Kassandra's AM yoga and day 25 of Lesley Fightmaster beginner's challenge. Today I did Kassandra's AM yoga and then got groceries. I don't know how the days go by so fast. The only tri training I have done this week was the run.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 08:37 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Glad to hear from everyone.

I started back exercising today. I was probably ready yesterday but decided to really work on my back stretches which helped enormously. Today it was raining so I opted for a 30 minute Peloton treadmill run called a Recovery Run. Nice and slow but just enough to get the heart rate up a little.

Vannie I am glad that you got new shoes and are going to get inserts. It sounds like you are very knowledgeable about feet and shoes. Good ideal to talk to your chiropractor about ankles and feet. Could you tell me what you do for glute activation? Apparently a lot of runners have weak glutes, especially medial glutes.
Please share your routine.

Jbliff, yes our cases are going up again. Sigh... I hear about big parties and big bashes all the time. Fortunately since it’s warm here a lot of parties are outside, but there is plenty of bar hopping and indoor dining going on. Rolleyes. I noted your cases are increasing as you said. Did you hear the bad news about J+J vaccine. They had to trash I think a few million doses due to quality control issues, when we could so badly use more vaccine.

Cher I totally agree with JBliff. I was one of those people who never stretched but now that I have had this back and hip thing I am working on stretching religiously
And it makes ALL the difference, the difference between pain and being functional
and in much less pain. My favorite right now is Cobra to help compress bulging discs. It is a lifesaver. Yeah, sounds like your state could have done better with
Vaccine rollout. Sheesh.

Hi Gibbee!🥰
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 07:11 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 35 minutes of Kick Max (I started it by mistake--meant to do Circuit Max), then did Circuit Max (skipping the warmup). It ended up being about 90 minutes.

Karjoy - Yes, I read about the J&J debacle. Our state will be getting about 110,000 fewer doses than expected next week, which is a bummer given the rise in cases.

Vannie
- I have been sleeping better, thanks. I do find the right shoes and insoles make a big difference in my feet, since I have had plantar fasciitis.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 04-10-21, 07:32 AM  
Cher

An hour walk outside. Today is supposed to be in the 70’s before the bottom falls out tonight so will try to do upper body and maybe get out for a short walk this afternoon.

JBliff - I know I do need to do more stretching. I need to figure out how to work it in more and what to do. How much stretching have you been doing? How long? And every day?

Vannie - I will have try that. I used to do some Caroline Jordan when my hips bothered me last year. I hope your foot starts feeling better.

Karen - That was probably a good way to work out for your first day back to exercising. I heard about those J&J vaccines. Such a shame.
Old 04-10-21, 10:03 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, here are the two of Caroline's that I've been alternating between and one by Helen Clare that I added on run days since my left glutes were still bothering me. The two Caroline's are similar but I like both.

https://youtu.be/nBDwBn4rpOo

https://youtu.be/nw8rIKZ0oII

https://youtu.be/K1BiBYOC-6E

Hopefully the links work. I have some others on my to watch list. If they seem valuable I will post those links too.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote