Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-07-21, 04:16 PM  
Fitstick

Body Grooves question

Hi,

I’m thinking of purchasing some Body Grooves DVDs. Which ones are higher energy? I don’t want something too easy.

I currently have the Fit and Hiit dvd, neither are lead by Misty and I have heard a lot of good things about her. So I am wondering which are your favorites and why.

Thanks
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 08:49 AM  
bubbles76

I have all but the two latest - Hiit2 and Classic Groove. I love the ones I've tried - Delicious Dance, Dance Your Heart Out, Gentle Groovy Yoga and Pilates, The Groove Method - Alive, Strong, Calm, House Party, and her original set. I think Dance Your Heart Out is my favorite, for songs and intensity. Delicious Dance holds a place in my heart, because me and Tiny Bubble used to dance to that one quite a bit. "Love Set Me Free" was his favorite dance

I haven't tried them all, but that's only because my collection is so large. I think they are higher energy if you go all out - plenty of big arm movements, level changes, fast feet, some hops, etc. But don't expect Insanity. If you've done Christi Taylor's Pure Spice Cinnamon, Chantal Pierrat's Soul Sweat, or Alive Bricegirdle's Bellyfit Elements, I say expect that level or maybe one or two hops up from that. The most intense of Misty's workouts I've tried are the ones that are out of print, unfortunately (Alive, Strong, Calm). But I say you can't go wrong with any of them.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 01:23 PM  
Fitstick

Thanks for responding even though I mistakenly called it Dance Grooves, lol! I have edited my original post!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 02:28 PM  
ardnas

I own all including the original set. I have not done HIIT2, Latin, or the new one (Classic Grooves) which just arrived yesterday.
While I do enjoy them all, I seem to remember my faves being Fit, HIIT1, & especially House Party because they were higher energy with mostly upbeat music.

Tags
body groove, misty tripoli