Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-21, 10:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

How do you feel about Gilad? His strength training is very straightforward, but he does do a few lunges and squats....along with the occasional jab, cross, upper-cut for cardio. The nice thing is his workouts are short so there is never too much of any one thing. The variety and scenery are great, except for the Xcelerate set which is filmed indoors.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 06:15 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
There's not really any of those moves in JNL Fusion. Here's a link to her full Ballistic Backside workout on YouTube: https://youtu.be/MOA6uyL0DFE
Sorry I missed this. I will check out the link! Thank you!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 06:16 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
How do you feel about Gilad? His strength training is very straightforward, but he does do a few lunges and squats....along with the occasional jab, cross, upper-cut for cardio. The nice thing is his workouts are short so there is never too much of any one thing. The variety and scenery are great, except for the Xcelerate set which is filmed indoors.
Pam, thank you. But, for some reason, I can't get into male instructors. I'm not sure why. Maybe I feel judged through the tv!! I don't know!!
Old 03-26-21, 06:21 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Brit-Thank you. I have tried Leslie over and over but for some reason, I am just not clicking with her.

Lori- That's great to hear! If I like this one then I will get the other ones you mentioned. I am excited to try it!! I liked her in The Firm Basics Sculpting with Weights. Her cueing was fantastic....
Old 03-26-21, 06:59 AM  
buffmama

10lb Slim Down would fit the bill. You can skip the kickboxing.
Old 03-26-21, 07:15 AM  
Gams

I really like Jen Edwards’ Sweat More. You can check out a clip at Total Fitness DVDs. I follow the low impact modifier and I really like using a single weight and working one side at a time. Cardio in this one is definitely not dancey.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 07:22 AM  
Cher

Cathe Basic Step & Body Fusion dvd is my go to for weight work lately when I don’t feel like killing myself. Don’t let the step workouts scare you off. This dvd also has a 20 minute upper body, 20 min lower body, and a 10 minute ab workout so it is worth it to me even if you never do the step workouts. Also, It is very easy to add more weight if you want or just do as is.

If you watch the clip here, it shows the weight work at about 8:00 mark. There is a couple minutes of squats and lunges but it isn’t overkill.

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Cat...-DVD-p/644.htm
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 08:28 AM  
alisoncooks

What about something like Gilad's Step & Tone...minus the step? It's great 4-limb movement.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 08:32 AM  
laurajhawk

Do you stream? I love LIIFT4 on Beachbody on Demand. The weightlifting is very straightforward and it alternates with cardio - you do both in the same workout but not both at once.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 04:40 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Thank you again, everyone! I appreciate all the suggestions and will check them out!

Tags
cardio with weights