Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-01-21, 05:13 PM  
warriorprincess

I've always been intrigued with them due to the claims of increased bone density, but I never pulled the trigger.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 05:17 PM  
alisoncooks

I bought one for Christmas, but I returned it pretty quickly.

I was expecting a subtle vibration, but it was more of a rocking jiggle. (I did get a well-reviewed one from Amazon...but I don't remember the brand.) We did have some laughs over it when I tested it. All my cellulite and extra weight was super wobbly.

Also...it had a much larger footprint than I expected.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 06:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'd considered getting one of these for my mom, thinking that it might help with her neuropathy in her feet/hands. Also, it seemed like it would be a gentle way for someone who has chronic pain or is sedentary to provide some sort of benefit. Still, I never pulled the trigger.

QVC just had one of these as a TSV about a week or so ago. it was the only reason I began looking at them again. I had ordered it, and then after reading reviews quickly canceled the order.

I would be curious if it has helped anyone else. I had read that the cheaper models stop working after about 8 months or so. I wouldn't want to spend much money just as an experiment.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 06:59 PM  
IceQueen07

I have only had 2 weeks so don't know what benefits I will get. I got it on sale and didn't buy the expensive one, I still have 2 weeks to send back if I want to pay a restocking fee and return shipment.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 01:50 AM  
sugar rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Also...it had a much larger footprint than I expected.
What do you mean by "footprint"?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 07:56 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar rose View Post
What do you mean by "footprint"?
Took up way more floor space than I expected. (And was tall enough it couldn't slide under things and was heavy.)
Old 03-19-21, 09:55 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Took up way more floor space than I expected. (And was tall enough it couldn't slide under things and was heavy.)
Quoting myself because I have a typical VFer update.

This thread made me curious as to what brand vibration machine I had (Lifepro waver). Remember, upthread I said I returned it because it was too big for my space. Well, lol and behold...they now make a "mini" version of the Waver (and it's cheaper AND I found one on their outlet store for waaay less) so....I now (again) have a vibration machine.

Also, I'm super motivated to using it after reading a few professional articles/studies claiming positive results for pelvic floor muscles/prolapse issues. That has me interested.
Old 03-19-21, 11:36 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Quoting myself because I have a typical VFer update.

This thread made me curious as to what brand vibration machine I had (Lifepro waver). Remember, upthread I said I returned it because it was too big for my space. Well, lol and behold...they now make a "mini" version of the Waver (and it's cheaper AND I found one on their outlet store for waaay less) so....I now (again) have a vibration machine.

Also, I'm super motivated to using it after reading a few professional articles/studies claiming positive results for pelvic floor muscles/prolapse issues. That has me interested.
Keep us updated.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 01:43 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I found where Gin Stephens talks about hers. The podcast is here:

https://ifpodcast.com/tag/vibration-plates/

and you need to skip ahead to 34:58 to hear the question about vibration plates.
Old 03-19-21, 08:30 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i have a Lifepro Turbo but my goals were to break up scar tissue in my knee and to help with workout recovery. for me, the machine does what i wanted it to do.

you can't go wrong with the Lifepro product but you have to decide what your goals are and buy the vibration plate that addresses those goals. since my goal was repair and recover i needed a machine that offered the low end of vibration (most only do really high vibrations)

with your goals in mind i think the Rumblex models are your only option
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vibration, vibration machine