Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-14, 10:40 AM  
shoegoddess

Another Exchange Board rant

I really don't know what's happened to common courtesy these days. Lately I've had issues with the Exchange Board. A couple weeks ago I PMd someone about a trade and no answer.The latest one was last week. I was going through some old threads about a particular Beachbody kit and so I PMd someone asking if they still had a DVD available that they had mentioned maybe putting on the YaYa board. No answer. Again I sent a gentle PM asking again. No answer. Please....a simple answer back would be appreciated letting me know it was sold/swapped. Or you decided to keep it. Or whatever.
I answer ALL PMs. One way are the other the person gets an answer. Just common courtesy.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
Old 06-30-14, 10:50 AM  
sbh

I've noticed this too. I've pm'd and emailed and received no response. I usually wait 48 hours and add them to my ignore list.
Old 06-30-14, 10:56 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I'm sorry that you've had some negative experiences with the Exchange board.

On a personal note I'm uncomfortable with the recent trend to air grievances about Share the Wealth or trades/exchanges in the General Discussion forum. Even when names aren't mentioned it makes me think that the person posting is wanting to publicly shame another member. I find that unwarranted.

I think emailing the moderators would be a better idea. Or privately request that Wendy or another moderator make an announcement about answering PMs in a timely manner or whatever the issue is. Maybe the moderators should also consider updating the rules of the Exchange forum. I would just request that this happens behind the scenes.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
Old 06-30-14, 11:02 AM  
sbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post

On a personal note I'm uncomfortable with the recent trend to air grievances about Share the Wealth or trades/exchanges in the General Discussion forum. Even when names aren't mentioned it makes me think that the person posting is wanting to publicly shame another member. I find that unwarranted.

I think emailing the moderators would be a better idea. Or privately request that Wendy or another moderator make an announcement about answering PMs in a timely manner or whatever the issue is. Maybe the moderators should also consider updating the rules of the Exchange forum. I would just request that this happens behind the scenes.
+1.....well said
Old 06-30-14, 11:08 AM  
pumptmuscle

As someone who rarely checks into VF lately, it's possible...possible...they don't come on here often. It's also possible an email was changed. Maybe they were new and don't have a sense of the general protocol?

In all my years here, I've never had a problem with a trade itself and I don't believe I've never heard back from someone when making a request. Even if it did/does happen, the positive experiences have far outweighed any negatives. Just my 2 cents of course.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
Old 06-30-14, 11:08 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
I think that this is a good idea, but I think the issue is, what would be considered timely? 48 hours? A week? In my line of work, fourth quarter is a very difficult, stress filled time for me and I may not always get to PM people right away. One has very good intentions when posting exchange or Share the Wealth lists, but then things get in the way. And if the Exchange becomes too moderated, people may not want to participate. As it is, threads such as these are probably making people think twice about Share the Wealth and the Exchange, which is a shame really. Not that I'm trying to call out the OP, as I know I've vented in threads similar to these in the past. Maybe I'll start an "Exchange Board Praises" thread, so people will know it's not all bad But everyone is entitled to their rants!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 06-30-14, 11:20 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I really don't know what's happened to common courtesy these days. Lately I've had issues with the Exchange Board. A couple weeks ago I PMd someone about a trade and no answer.The latest one was last week. I was going through some old threads about a particular Beachbody kit and so I PMd someone asking if they still had a DVD available that they had mentioned maybe putting on the YaYa board. No answer. Again I sent a gentle PM asking again. No answer. Please....a simple answer back would be appreciated letting me know it was sold/swapped. Or you decided to keep it. Or whatever.
I answer ALL PMs. One way are the other the person gets an answer. Just common courtesy.
The reason I did not respond to your question about a comment that I had made about the Beachbody DVD is that I have been working 7 days a week, as the new academic year has started today at the University. In addition I have been helping a homeless Vet from the VA find a place to live, along with sickness in my family.

I'm eating lunch at my desk, checking the forum and saw your thread, which really irritated me. Your first email was sent on Friday, the second yesterday. I had planned on responding tonight after work. No, the 21 day Barre Fix is not available.
Old 06-30-14, 11:22 AM  
suegy3

Quote:

I agree and well said.
Old 06-30-14, 11:31 AM  
cherimac

Quote:

X2. We are all people who have things that happen in life and I think we need to offer one another grace and figure out our issues privately, or with WWWendy involved. I personally have had some sticky trades, etc. Some have been problems with the other end but some honestly have been me. I have had gracious people who are willing to work with me and that's what has always made VF a good place to be.
Old 06-30-14, 11:50 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:

On a personal note I'm uncomfortable with the recent trend to air grievances about Share the Wealth or trades/exchanges in the General Discussion forum. . . . I would just request that this happens behind the scenes.
I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
threads such as these are probably making people think twice about Share the Wealth and the Exchange, which is a shame really.
Yes, I believe you are right. I know that I personally don't use the exchange without a BIG WARNING that I have a busy life and may be slow to respond so people are pre-warned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
X2. We are all people who have things that happen in life and I think we need to offer one another grace
I think this really says it best, Cheri.

Just my opinion on this matter! I do understand the frustration and the need to rant, but ultimately, sometimes an exercise dvd is not as important a priority to someone else as it is to us (or vice versa.)
Closed Thread

Tags
vf exchange, vf trades