Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-14-21, 10:55 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of February 14

My workout yesterday was Perfect Flow Yoga + core.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 08:49 PM  
Vantreesta

I keep reading but not posting! Last week's workouts:

Tue 2/9 119 minutes
25 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 20, YT) (Sadhana day 40) M-AM 1st time
31 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength--strength only, no stretch) TUE
27 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 6) TUE 28
12 minutes (from TurboFire Stretch 10) TUE
24 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.76 mi) super cold all week

Wed 2/10 9 minutes BABYSITTING
9 minutes (from 1 dog walks .73 mi)

Thu 2/11 27 minutes
00 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 21, YT) T-AM 1st time this was meditation so not counting time
27 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.82 mi)

Fri 2/12 97 minutes
25 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength --non-bridge exercises only) FRI
31 minutes (from 2.196 mi for 10k trainer wk2 day3/VA Wild California Run) THU
25 minutes (from K. Santiago Bowman Restorative Exercise for the Feet)
16 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.2 mi) it is so cold out there!

Sat 2/13 53 minutes
16 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength --bridge exercises only + stretch) SAT
22 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 7) FRI
15 minutes (from 1 dog walks 1.1 mi) too cold for walks

Sun 2/14 72 minutes
20 minutes (from Zumba Transformation 20-Minute Express)
19 minutes (from Turbo Jam 20-Minute Workout)
20 minutes (from Dark Horse Rowing 10-Minute HIIT Weight Loss Workout)
13 minutes (from Yoga Emergency Arms & Shoulders)

Babysitting Wednesday was tiring and I got home around 8 so we didn't walk. Today I made brownies for Valentine's Day but we didn't do anything for it. Cyric and I are going crazy not getting in our walks. Tmrw looks just as bad. Wednesday the high is supposed to be 11, I think, which will be nice! I think the following week should be back up around freezing.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 08:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, that's great news about your sister! I'm sure that's a huge relief!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 09:18 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: Great workouts. These temps are crazy. We are staying at 0 with wind chills in the -20's. BRRR! This is an unusually long stent of this type of weather.

Cher: That is such wonderful news!

JB: Did you guys do anything for Valentine's Day?

Karen: Nice photo w/ your DH on FB.

Check in: Busy with the home closing on Tuesday. DD is chomping at the bit but with the weather and some deep cleaning we want done, they won't move in for a bit. Wedding plans are still limping along.

Check in:Workouts are meh. OK but not great. My core is SO weak. Definitely need to do something about it. I'm sure the extra fat around the middle doesn't help.

Visited the mausoleum today despite 4-5" of additional snowfall today and temps hovering between 0 and 3 degrees F today... the wind is bitterly cold. But I took DH a coffee and said Hi. I brought the LED Candle I had left at his graveside since right before Christmas home tonight. When we had snow last week they plowed off the walkway and I found it in a snow pile a couple of yards away from its typical location. They hadn't cleared the roads or walkways yet today, so I thought I would bring it home so they can clear snow and then I'll set it out again. It is glowing in the rec room right now.

Hope you guys all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 06:55 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I’m resting today. And it’s pouring again but the sun is supposed to shine tomorrow. Thank goodness. Ran 8 miles yesterday.

Glad to hear from you again Gibbee. I was thinking about you yesterday on Valentine’s Day and loved your beautiful FB post about Darrell. My heart aches for you.

I also cannot believe that weather Gibbee! Twenty below zero with wind chill. That is darn crazy. I have a friend who lives in Nebraska and it’s about the same weather. Brrrr!! Glad you could close on the house.

Vannie I love hearing about your workouts. You’re so varied! I bet you never get truly bored.

Jbliff we have finished the first rounds of vaccines in our office; i.e. we have given a lot of vaccinations, and since they were either Pfizer or Moderna, everyone we started with has had both doses. If has taken a lot of logistics and time and coordination and a few Saturday mornings to get it done. How are vaccines going in your area?

Hi Cher! Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 08:04 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LIS Athletic Training + Total Body Stretching basic stretching segment. Sunday's workout was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy - Vaccination is finally going well in Virginia. We were slow getting started but we're now in the top 10 states in terms of vaccination, with over 1M doses given. In addition to the local hospital, CVS is also going to start vaccinating people. Our case numbers are also down quite a bit from early January.

Gibbee
- I hope the weather warms up for you a bit. That is seriously cold! We didn't do anything for Valentine's Day. I gave DH a small present that I bought earlier and saved to give to him Sunday. He made me my favorite banana bread and forgot to put baking soda in so it was pretty dense, more like bread pudding. It was still good though.

Vannie - It must be seriously cold for you not to go for walks.

Hi to Cher. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote