Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-06, 07:05 AM  
Francesca

Gap???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane C
Thanks. Pennys, Orvis, and Avenue all have pants that theoretically look ok to me - also LLBean. I really don't want alot of construction on the top. I kind of like these hemp ones:
http://www.rawganique.com/PantsCP1.htm
http://lotusorganics.com/detail.aspx?ID=236

what baffles me is I'm looking for the *simplest* possible thing - drawstring pants - if I could sew - I'd be set!
Jane - last summer I bought white and black linen pants with a straight cut and a drawstring top from GAP in Paris. ÇI know they usually repeat styles so you might find something there. I wore them for work to the embassy and they looked great.

(Darn, I really with they'd open a Gap in spain or in Malta - I love their pants - and I love the fact that you can buy R or L! In Spain, most stores just sell one length - superlong - even tho the average height is about 5' - they cater to the minority... which means shortening EVERY pair of pants you buy!)
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-06, 01:38 PM  
DI431

I like capri length in workout pants. I hate it when you are looking for pants for work and you see the perfect pair and pull them off the rack and then you see they are capris. I have even seen what look like dressy long shorts in the business suit area right next to blazers. Who the heck is wearing that??
DI431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-06, 05:11 PM  
DBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI431
I have even seen what look like dressy long shorts in the business suit area right next to blazers. Who the heck is wearing that??
Oh I know, that was big in the 90's...another look I do not care to revisit.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-06, 05:19 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI431
I have even seen what look like dressy long shorts in the business suit area right next to blazers. Who the heck is wearing that??
I just came back from Bermuda. It's pretty common there...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-06, 10:56 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

What's a croped pants? Is that a capri or something new?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-06, 11:15 PM  
benemma

I can wear them to work, but I have to have backs on my shoes. I'm having a hard time finding shoes that look okay with cropped pants, but also aren't sandles. The shoe styles that seem to be out now (the little girl shoe look) just doesn't work for me.

It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
-Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
benemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 05:03 AM  
naturallove

I love gauchos-I own 4 pairs. LOL (I think I was wearing a pair when my friend told me she hated them!) It was so funny-at salsa class last night, 4 of the ladies had on gauchos. They are the ultimate thing to dance in-loose, comfortable--and can be sexy. I've gotten a lot of compliments on a little gaucho ensemble I've thrown together. So while some of YOU all might not think you look good in them, some of us do in fact look good.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 07:00 AM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555
JJill (online) has some linen pants that are full length. If you can catch them on sale they aren't as pricey.
Fatkat
I was just thinking J.Jill, too! Definitely check them out - they have lots of linen right now.
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 07:17 AM  
roz

I like cropped pants-- but I don't liKe them cropped too high.
For new heights of ridiculousness, I have seen capri scrubs. Can you imagine wearing that in the hospital?
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 02:49 PM  
Lorilynn

Speaking of pants, do you guys like those Oprah shows where she has the "What Not to Wear" gals on, showing good cuts of pants, etc. for different body shapes. I LOVE those; they make so much sense to me and have really helped me know what to buy for my figure. E.g. - short tops to cut your butt in half. Who knew? I used to buy LONG tops to COVER my butt - but it's true, they just make it look bigger. Also - tapered pants are bad for almost every body type - long and straight or boot cut for me. Also they talk about buying pants that fit your seat - and getting the waist altered. Me, I'm willing to spend the extra money for a perfect fit.

Hope this isn't a taboo topic - of course I'm working on being fit and toning my figure as well, but there are limits, and why not accept how we look and at the same time aim to look our very best whatever our shape?
Lorilynn is offline   Reply With Quote