Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-18, 08:23 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I bought both of them - they look good and I was looking for a way to rotate her workouts and I want to support her in making new workouts for us!
Are they paper workouts? Or guides to her online workouts? I'm a little confused - her explanatory video was so long I bailed out before it ended.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 04:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Gina,

They are PDF schedules with links to her You Tube workouts - basically, rotations using her You Tube workouts.

I probably didn't "need" to buy it, but i'm a sucker for rotations and they were only $5.99 each. I like her workouts and was looking for a way to rotate them anyway.

If you aren't dealing w/ any health issues you can probably just buy Program # 2.

Enjoy!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 06:42 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Gave Nick’s 15 minute walk a whirl this morning. It runs 13.5 minutes and is free this week on Leslie’s YouTube channel. Quite fun! Warning: there is a bit of whooping from the backgrounders at one point for those who don’t like that.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 08:05 AM  
Rhonda

I did nicks workout yesterday and I just don’t care for him. I thought maybe it would be a nice change but nope don’t care for him in the workouts and him leading isn’t for me either. Hope the other instructors are good.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 10:22 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Gina,

They are PDF schedules with links to her You Tube workouts - basically, rotations using her You Tube workouts.

I probably didn't "need" to buy it, but i'm a sucker for rotations and they were only $5.99 each. I like her workouts and was looking for a way to rotate them anyway.

If you aren't dealing w/ any health issues you can probably just buy Program # 2.

Enjoy!!

Donna
Let us know how you like the rotation suggestion, Donna!
I'm a sucker for rotations, but only in theory, I never end up following, so I better not get them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Gave Nick’s 15 minute walk a whirl this morning. It runs 13.5 minutes and is free this week on Leslie’s YouTube channel. Quite fun! Warning: there is a bit of whooping from the backgrounders at one point for those who don’t like that.
LOL, I find the whooping quite fun, personally, but can see how it gets annoying if you do the same walk over and over.
I have a bit more energy this morning, so I might see if I'll give him a whirl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I did nicks workout yesterday and I just don’t care for him. I thought maybe it would be a nice change but nope don’t care for him in the workouts and him leading isn’t for me either. Hope the other instructors are good.
I'm usually not a big fan of other ppl leading other than Leslie.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 12:11 PM  
Footballnut

I just proved my own point yesterday. I did one of Jessica Smith's 30 minute workouts (okay, it was one of her HIIT workouts) and I woke up stiff and achy this morning (and TIRED). I even kept the intensity low. Not good for me right now. I will stick with my original plan.
Old 01-02-18, 01:50 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
I just proved my own point yesterday. I did one of Jessica Smith's 30 minute workouts (okay, it was one of her HIIT workouts) and I woke up stiff and achy this morning (and TIRED). I even kept the intensity low. Not good for me right now. I will stick with my original plan.
I'm sorry to hear that, Ginger!
Personally I find Jessica quite intense these days, even her walks are compared to Leslie's.

Do you like Kundalini yoga or qi gong? I've started incorporating those back into my life, focusing on doing those for a good while and hopefully seeing some result!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 03:53 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post

I had to give up Jessica Smith, too. I just love her personality and respect her business ethos. Unfortunately, even her gentlest walks twinged my knees horribly, and her other--very gentle--workouts hurt my back. It's a real pity, because she's so chipper and encouraging that I was always in a good mood after one of her workouts.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 04:56 PM  
pharma_gal

The mile with Nick was posted a couple days ago. Are there going to be more workouts posted? I thought it was supposed to be a challenge. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 09:52 AM  
donnamp

phama-gal - in this video - in the comments the schedule is listed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJtUaLiGOXc

It is not a follow-along rotation, you just pick your own workout to get the miles in each day - so I guess pick whatever Leslie DVD you have or on-line workout you can access!

I was a little disappointed as I had hoped for a follow-along rotation w/ videos on You Tube.

Here is the schedule cut and pasted from the comment box:

Here’s your Walk Plan for Week 1!
Monday - Jan. 1 - WALK - 2 Miles or 4,000 Steps or 30 Minutes
Tuesday - Jan. 2 - WALK - 1 Mile or 2,000 Steps or 15 Minutes
Wednesday - Jan. 3 - WALK - 3 Miles or 6,000 Steps or 45 Minutes
Thursday - Jan. 4 - WALK - 2 Miles or 4,000 Steps or 30 Minutes
Friday - Jan. 5 - WALK - 3 Miles or 6,000 Steps or 45 Minutes

Also - for those seeking less intense workouts - I have enjoyed the WalkingOnlineWorkouts channel on You Tube. There is no verbal cuing, but they are easy to follow. Most, if not all are filmed outdoors. I did a compilation workout today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C66vvJzHZjw

It was fun and not too taxing.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone, walk 15