Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-24-14, 07:52 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thumbs down Hate repetitive circuits!

A while back, there was a thread by someone looking for non-repeating circuit workouts, but I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone remember it?

I love circuits but recent workouts seem to repeat the same moves 2, 3, even 4 times and I find them so boring and even dread-inducing! (One exception is Erin O'Brien's Strong Body Ageless Body - the circuits repeat but she does them differently each time so they don't feel stale to me.)

I've been going back to my old Firms and I find in general older workouts didn't repeat moves as much. Pick Your Level Fat to Firm Fast is another non-repeating circuit workout, and I haven't done it in a while but seem to recall Michelle D's Your Body Breakthru Circuit doesn't repeat either.

Anyone with me on this? And anyone have good recommendations? I don't mind older workouts; in fact I usually prefer them!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 08:26 AM  
iheartsts

I'm with you on this! Hate repetition...There are enough different moves out there that there's no reason that the same ones need to be repeated again and again...

I haven't done it in awhile, but I think Cathe's original Bootcamp had all different moves. It always killed me, but I never got bored. Need to pull it out again. Love those classic Firms, too!

I think I remember that previous thread, and I may have even posted in it, but for some reason I have a hard time usung the search function on my Kindle Fire.

I'm also interested in recommendations!
Old 01-24-14, 08:26 AM  
deineira

I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU ON THIS. Very few things induce rage in me the way a repetitive workout does. I know it's totally irrational, but I cannot stand that! Unfortunately the DB Cardio set has this affliction, and although I like this set better than the last set, I'm sending it back for this reason. If they had spent a wee bit more effort and spiced it up a bit, these workouts would be a keeper for me.

Someone mentioned that the new Patrick Goudeau Bodyweight Blast does not have any repeating moves. I can't think of any workouts that don't repeat off the top of my head, as I usually stay away from circuit workouts for this reason. I do plan on getting that one though.

Last edited by deineira; 01-24-14 at 08:31 AM. Reason: ETA recommendation
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 08:28 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I hate repetition and I had TIFFTing. Even when I go back to a cardio workout that I used to absolutely love, I can't stand the TIFFTing anymore. I just have no patience for it. I also can't stand doing a circuit more than twice. I can barely stand Ellen's newest because they simply repeat the same 15-minute routine twice to get to 30 minutes.

You are not alone!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 09:08 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Yesssss! I HATE them with the passion and that's a reason for me to return or never buy from that instructor again. The only exceptions are serious kettlebell and weight workouts -- where repeats are must -- I can't stand repeating circuits.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 09:36 AM  
neatski

I'm with ya. That's why for almost two years I was doing circuits structured like Paul Katami's Bootcamp 4x4. That meant I did a single exercise for 1 minute at a time, and only twice total in the entire workout. I hate repetition. I get so bored.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 09:50 AM  
Exercise Diva

I agree! This is why I struggle with Lauren Brook's dvds - at least the older ones. I got to the point where I would just fast forward to the next segment to avoid having to do the same circuit again. I also found it really hard on my body.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 10:06 AM  
Irisg1

This is exactly why I don't do too many circuit type workouts. I can't stand Repetition.
Old 01-24-14, 10:47 AM  
dianestjohn

TOTALLY AGREE. Reminds me of 6th grade gym class, HORRIBLE. It's the new trend and I wish it would just go away.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 10:48 AM  
gradgirl

Add me to the list. That's one good thing about that Supreme 90 disc--I think it's the Tabata or the other intervals disc. No repeats.
gradgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repetitive circuits