Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-13, 06:24 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Is right! This workout is no joke. The first arm series was super hard for me! My shoulders were on FIRE! I liked the first cardio and thought it worked the legs well. The first abs was a welcome break from the killer arms. Kind of like slim series standing abs only super-charged! The second cardio was pretty hard too- well the use of the gliders while in plank/pike. Tough tough tough for me. The rest was doable. I really like the sequencing. When I think I might die, we move on. Well, except the forearm plank with the little tiny run on the gliders and the exercise it alternated with felt ENDLESS. Only because I was so not good at it though. Second arms was good too, totally different than the first, and final abs mercifully short.

These are some humbling workouts! And I love it.

The sequencing of body part segments really kept my interest. I think I like this one even more than MILF. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind. I've also not done the others. So far a very good purchase for me.
I did this one for the second time again today! Yowza! It's soooooo hard! I like this one more than the MILF one, too.

Quote:
I wanted to come back and report how I felt after yesterday's workout. I took my shower and got the kiddos ready to go to Joann fabrics; as we were walking down the porch steps, my quads started talking to me! Ouch! And this with primarily an arm workout, and maybe an hour after I completed it. This was definitely total body. Love it.
That's awesome! Don't you just love good DOMS?!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 06:43 PM  
LeanneM

Oops! Double post!
Old 08-18-13, 09:30 PM  
edensmom

Leanne I was SO surprised when I started feeling my quads right away. But now that I think about it, a lot of the plank work with the gliders made my quads BURN. They are still a little sore.

I have been doing more traditional circuit and hiit style workouts for the past couple months so this is just what I need to switch things up. I think I may try Fusion 50 tomorrow. (Fusion was my fave from the first set). The new Bikini Bootcamp seemed to be kind of hit and miss around here...Bata Barre looks good too.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 09:45 PM  
momofcha

I bata barre

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 10:01 PM  
lila_says

I've had these about a week now & done them all --- these are everything I wanted the first series to be & more!
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 10:08 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
I've had these about a week now & done them all --- these are everything I wanted the first series to be & more!
ohhh . why do you say that? How does this beat out the first series for you?
Old 08-18-13, 10:25 PM  
lila_says

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
ohhh . why do you say that? How does this beat out the first series for you?
For me the first series was neither sufficiently advanced nor creative to be worth the price & the time (although I still use it). This series, on the other hand is great, kind of like the perfect melding of Tonique, Horizontal Conditioning & P57.
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 02:03 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I can't say I've ever been seriously tempted by DB, but this series looks a lot better than the last. I don't love the instructor in the blue top--she's so breathless! Yikes. Makes me wonder if she has exercise-induced asthma. The mother in me just wants the poor thing to sit for a moment and have a wee rest and a drink of water before she rejoins the workout.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 09:08 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Leanne I was SO surprised when I started feeling my quads right away. But now that I think about it, a lot of the plank work with the gliders made my quads BURN. They are still a little sore.
I know -- all that work with the gliders just kills the quads! Mine are so sore this morning!

Quote:
For me the first series was neither sufficiently advanced nor creative to be worth the price & the time (although I still use it). This series, on the other hand is great, kind of like the perfect melding of Tonique, Horizontal Conditioning & P57.
This is exactly how I've been thinking about them -- as a mix of those three! All the work with the gliders reminds me of Ho Co, but without some of the dread factor that the Ho Co workouts started to have for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
The mother in me just wants the poor thing to sit for a moment and have a wee rest and a drink of water before she rejoins the workout.
LOL!
Old 08-19-13, 09:51 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I really want these, but ill need to wait a long while to be able to afford them.

Tags
dream body