Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-20, 08:29 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did JMBR Cardio 1. I probably won't do it again in the future, but I wanted to try it out because so far the rest of the workouts have been manageable for me, and I wanted to see if it was too. It was! It was intense, but I was able to do most of it with some modifications. I think that in the future I'll sub in a different 30 min cardio workout, mostly because I found Jillian to be unnecessarily annoying in some parts, but I was glad to know that I could do it! I tacked on a 15 min Jessica Walk (Dance Party from 15 Min Fast Fat Blasts).

At night I planned to do a Body Groove because I wanted to get some light movement in (and I wanted to get to 10,000 steps), but I couldn't find what I was looking for fast enough. The ones that I tried were Misty starting off slowly and doing stretchy moves (it was 11:45 pm and I needed to get in 1000 steps before midnight, so I didn't have time for that). So I put in Country Heat: Country Swing and I did about 20 minutes of it. Mostly fairly light movement and kind of just what I was looking for (and I made it to 10,735 steps before midnight). I followed it up with Jessica's 15 min Total Stretch from WS3. I have low-grade DOMS all over, so the stretch felt good. I'm thinking about doing an Ellen today to help work my way through some of the DOMS before getting back to Jillian.

SB - Glad that you were able to get in a walk with your DH. I had to read a few past threads to see why you needed to walk slow-ish. I hope that everything turns out well with the stitches and the biopsy report on the mole. Sending {{hugs}} and I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry, it's more than likely just fine! Glad to hear that you were able to get your unemployment claim in online. Unfortunately, I fear there's going to be a lot of that going around in the coming weeks.

Nora - Great job with STS! There are 12 workouts in JMBR that are circuits (weights, cardio, and abs) and 3 cardio DVDs in the set. She packs a lot into 30-ish minutes. From what I've seen from the 1st 2 workouts (which you're supposed to do 4 times each over 2 weeks before you move on to the next 2 workouts), they seem well-designed. I've read a lot of posts in GD about phase 1 being too easy, but since I had not worked out in a while, they have been right up my alley. If only Jillian would shut up some times and stop with the over the top, going to kick your butt tough girl routine (insert eye-roll emoji).

PP - You mention such interesting walking workouts; oftentimes, I've never heard of them, but, out of curiosity, you give me reason to go see if they are on YouTube. Don't think I've ever heard of vegan soup (I even make my vegetable soup with beef broth), but I can imagine.

Waves to All!
Old 03-20-20, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 29 minute walk with DS, some push-ups and planks. I am hoping for another walk today and I really want to try a dvd upper body routine.

NORA, great job with STS and walking. Nice haul at total fitness. I have to go over and check out the sale.

PENGUIN, nice workouts. The unemployment site kept crashing on me for 2 days but I persevered. Yes send hubby over to Best Buy . Let me know if it works . DS' gf is vegetarian so I now make sure to use vegetable broth when she's coming over for dinner.

CAMBET, good job with your workouts and getting over 10,000 steps! I am trying not to stress too much, thanks

Waves to all. Stay safe and healthy!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 10:10 AM  
sbh

For a little light humor, check this out:

https://twitter.com/FirasMaksad/stat...28301087518721

S-rest
M-JS Interval Cardio and Core + Cathe GS Biceps
T-JS Cardio Mat Fusion 2 + Cathe GS Triceps
W-JS WS3 Cardio Hit! + Chest - 50 Pushups
T-JS Feel Good Fusion Cardio + Cathe GS Back
F-JS 6WTT Cardio Party + Cathe GS Shoulders

Just a drive by today. I hope everyone is well.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 10:16 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Grace and Gusto. Considering my low-grade DOMS, it felt glorious! It was just what the doctor ordered! My hamstrings are particularly sore, and G&G seemed to help. I tacked on a 10 min Jessica walk (Dance Walk).

This evening I took a 52 minute walk with my friend with the slow dog. I'm so sore that I couldn't walk very fast, so I actually struggled a little bit with keeping up. We wanted to practice social distancing, so it was fine that I was several paces behind her during most of the walk.

SB - Glad you're able to get in your walks! I hope that you found an upper body w/o that you enjoyed!

Sherri - Great job with your workouts! Funny Twitter clip!

Waves to All!
Old 03-21-20, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I ventured out of the neighborhood a little bit for a 41 minute walk.
Then I added on the upper body strength portion of KCM's Body Design dvd.
Felt good. I am planning another walk today even though it's gotten colder, back to the 40s. I may try some pilates too. I tried calling my derm's office yesterday but I kept getting a recording to call back later I got the answering service this morning and I'm waiting to see if they call back with the biopsy results. I did receive a text to confirm my Tuesday appt to have the stitches removed but I would like to actually speak to a person to discuss this all with before then.

SHERRI, great job with your rotation. I did see that video on fb. Fun. People are posting some humorous things on the internet, very clever.

CAMBET, nice job with your workout and walk. I need that slow dog of your friend's to walk with me now . There are a lot more people out walking now and when I see someone coming toward me I cross the street to keep my social distance. Crazy times.

Waves to all. Stay healthy and safe!
Old 03-22-20, 08:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 51 minute walk and some push-ups and planks. I'm not sure about a walk today, it got cold and damp, they're expecting some snow tomorrow morning. It's funny because I saw all the trees blossoming on my walk yesterday. People are really not respecting the social distancing.
I had to cross the street numerous times, people were just going to pass by on the sidewalk within inches of me. I know ordinarily I would think it's overkill to do the distancing, but these are desperate times. Does it really hurt to try to slow this down? NJ officially went on lockdown last night. So pretty much just leaving the house for groceries, medications and other essentials. Walking is still allowed so I need the weather to cooperate a little more .

Stay healthy everyone!
Old 03-22-20, 10:19 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Before I forget:
Friday: Scott Cole Millenium Stretch and 50 min. walk
Saturday: 100 reps wkout. and 45 min. walk (that 100 rep thing has been sitting on my shelf for about 20 years. I was under the impression that it skipped, but never threw it out. It doesn't skip)
Sunday: Last half hour of Symetrical Step (R. Small) #1 of Cathe's Stretch max and I will definitely do at least a 45 min walk this aft when it warms up a bit.)

SB - There are idiots everywhere. We have them in Quebec too. I live rural, so I don't have to worry about people in my walking space, but I don't blame you for being annoyed.

Cambet - It looks like you're getting right back into a good routine.

Sherri - nice workouts.

Hang in there, everybody!
Old 03-22-20, 09:11 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I thought about exercising today, Does that count?

SB, snow, Yuck! It does seem a little crazy out there right now. I saw a video of college kids at spring break acting just like they always do. I suspect that all our efforts are in vain because the kids are going to come back from break all infected and get the rest of us sick. Sorry, rant over. We had a little sunshine yesterday, but its going to rain until Wed. We hope the parks are still open then. My parents had appointments at the Dr, the office called and said if you feel fine stay away, but they went anyway. . I expected the office to be full of sick people but they said there weren't a lot of people there, only nurses and Drs.

Cambet, all the workouts I've done recently are free on YT. Give them a try. I was impressed with the veg broth until I tasted it. It was a nice dark orange color so I expected a lot of flavor but had no taste at all. I put a lot more seasonings in my food that they recipes call for and usually like it better that way. I added cumin to the veg soup and that helped. I made chicken noodle soup today and added extra turmeric and poultry seasoning. much better.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 08:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 40 minute walk around the neighborhood and some push ups and planks. The distancing went a little better yesterday thankfully. Fortunately the snow didn't amount to much this morning but it is raining now so I'll do something indoors today. I haven't been able to speak with anyone at the derm office. My appt is tomorrow and as I much as I don't want to go I think it's important I get the stitches removed. I wish I could speak with someone and get some guidance.

NORA, nice job with your workouts and walks. Glad your walks are free of rude idiots

PENGUIN, sure thinking of working out counts in my book. I'm hoping there aren't many people at my dr appt tomorrow. I'll wear the mask and gloves and if there's people in the waiting room I'll wait outside I guess. Very nervewracking. If it wasn't for the stitches I definitely wouldn't even consider going. They showed video from California with people flocking to the beaches and trails. That's why this thing is going to get a lot worse before it gets better unfortunately.

Have a safe and healthy day everyone!!
Old 03-23-20, 08:25 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

(SB- I posted moments after you without seeing your post first )

Saturday from 1:30-6:30, with maybe a 30 min break for lunch, I worked on cleaning my house, which felt like quite a workout! I tend to be fairly messy, but since I'm usually so busy, I overlook the clutter and clean what I need to function in a space at any given moment. Since I've taken to being at home almost constantly, it occurred to me that things would be more pleasant if I cleaned this place up! One bathroom alone took about an hour (I wiped down every surface!). I made it to 10,000 steps before my actual real workout.

I also mowed the front lawn and later did Country Heat: Down and Dirty. Now I also have additional DOMS from dealing with the lawnmower for the first time this season.

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day (mostly because it turns out that I was exhausted from the day before. Yesterday included a at least two naps. )

SB - It's gotten cold here again also. We went from 70s one day to 50s the next. Can't believe you are dealing with the threat of snow. Glad you enjoyed your walks, though people aren't exactly cooperating with social distancing.

Nora - Great job with your workouts! My reaction to the 100 reps w/o sitting on the shelf unused for around 20 years: Sadly, that's not unfamiliar territory. I was just asking myself the other day how long I've had some of my workouts.

Penguin - Thinking about exercising does count for something! I think I tried vegetable broth once. Was not a fan.

Waves to All!