Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-20, 09:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was misty and foggy all day so I never was able to walk outdoors.
I did KCM's dumbbell and boxing premix from Meltdown, a burst and kettlebell swings. Even though it's supposed to be colder today and windy, it's dry so I'm hoping to walk and possibly more. I'm expecting the carpet guys though so I won't be able to do anything until they get here. I hope they come sooner rather than later.

NORA, nice job with the walks and Cathe strength workouts. I envy those nice 50 minute walks in the mild weather. We were mild but wet unfortunately. Have fun with Woody .

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 03:37 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I did not realize it had been so long since I did a workout. again....

Today I did Walk At Home New Years Challenge Weeks 1 and 5. I'm trying to find a way to get 'The Crew' workouts without having to sift though all of Leslie's workouts. So far specifying Bonus Burn seems to be working.

Hubby had another interview today, they wouldn't give him a lot of information over the phone but it turned out to be selling insurance over the phone. Not a good fit. He hates getting cold calls so He's not about to get a job where he's the one calling. It was good experience however. I guess. He came home, fixed the car, and is doing a test drive, so at least that part was productive.

Sherri, hope your back is better! Aren't heating pads a great invention. I'm a little bit of a 'indoor cat' so my idea of roughing it is a camper with AC/heat and hot/cold running water. I don't think I would survive a tent. We have had a lot of good times with our camper, Hubby's working on the floors so the repairs are getting there. I suspect as soon as he finishes the camper, he'll get a job offer. :P

SB, I don't always like Kelly's workout but she's always been a favorite and makes her workouts fun. Gymra has a free app, I thought they were a subscription service but when I get Hubby to help me download the app to the TV, I'll let you know.

Hopefully it won't be so long until I post another workout.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 10:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did just b express circle workout, some kettlebell swings and in the afternoon a 43 minute walk. Today I am hoping to walk again and maybe a dvd too time permitting. I have some errands and things to get done today.
It was cold and windy yesterday and I think today will be the same but it's better than wet and gray.

PENGUIN, nice job walking. Glad hubby is getting things done with his time off.
I'm hit or miss with Kelly too sometimes but I've been enjoying the workouts I've been doing lately thankfully. I'm having fun with her boxing and interval type workouts. We'll see how long that lasts . I hope you get the Gymra app going soon.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-28-20, 11:33 AM  
sbh

I am feeling much better. Seven days of misery was so depressing. I decided to still take it easy though. I sometimes get apprehensive restarting my workout routine. Cathe is going to have to wait a little while longer!

S-injured - rest
M-JS Dance Stretch (1/2 of it)
T-injured - rest
W-JS Steady State Cardio
T-JS Latin Walk & 20-Minute Total Body Strength [Back Friendly] Workout
F-JS Feel Good Fusion - Cardio
S-JS Feel Good Fusion - Strength (tomorrow)

SB - I love Build & Burn. It is a great set. I sure do miss walking my dog everyday. That was my daily cardio. Now I do it in front of the tv.

PP-Yes, I have a heating pad on the couch and my bed. I also do hot showers/baths too. I was so miserable last week, I sent my DH to the store for some brandy. A hot toddy before bed helped a lot. I see GymRa on my Roku. I will have to check that out now.

Nora - I really liked the original P90X, although I don't have it anymore. I did pick up PiYo from the Share the Wealth thread. I have only done one of the workouts. It was OK. I really need to explore it more.

Waves to everyone!
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 02:19 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Sherri - It's good to hear that you are on the mend. It looks like you got right back to some pretty good workouts. I've actually been considering doing a "halvsies" P90X rotation. I've done the full deal a couple of times, but the thought of it seems too much now! I'll think about it for next week...

SB - Winter is back here with all her vengeance. Oh well. The thaw was nice while it lasted. I see you're still walking so that's good!

PP - Cold calls seems like a nightmare. But sometimes you gotta do what you've gotta do, I guess.

Yesterday: TS shoulders and Legs. Cardio Intervals (Jenny Ford)
Today: DanceStep - Marc Oliver Kluike.
Old 02-28-20, 03:07 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, from looking at the Gymra app, I'm not sure it will translate to the big screen {it used to be that meant something entirely different } but I won't know until I try.

Sherri, probably wise to take it easy for a while. You don't want to be mid Cathe and hurt yourself again. My friend, who used to be a ballet dancer, and now has both knees replaced swears by Solonapas {sP?} pads. Like the icy/hot ones you can cut them to size, they stick well, but they numb your body like going to the dentist. Hubby says they didn't help his back and I haven't been hurt enough to try one yet.

Nora, I don't think he's quite that desperate yet.

Today, I tried two more Gymra's, I accidently got my favorite Josephine Rene. 17m Fat Burning Cardio and 20m quick cardio blast. I wish they would be a little more distinctive with the names, so I can find something again. They all seem pretty generic. I liked both of them and they had pretty outside scenes. Hubby said he was proud of me for getting so sweaty, which lead to me trying to wipe my sweaty head on him. It was a draw. He keeps forgetting I'm a lot stonger than I look.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 11:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I braved the cold winds again for a 42 minute walk in the afternoon.
I didn't do any kettlebell swings because my back was a little twingey for a few days and I was wondering if it was the swings since I've had back problems with swings in the past. The twinge is gone so now I'm wondering if I should go back to the swings again or not. Or maybe every other day? I'm dragging a little today from a night out with friends so not sure if I'll walk or maybe do some pilates...

SHERRI, good to hear your back is feeling better. Taking it easy is a good idea. I hope the dog walks will return soon.

NORA, nice workouts. Maybe with the winter weather comes more skiing for you.

PENGUIN, good job with the gymra workouts.

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 02-29-20, 10:46 PM  
Tammie M

Greetings! Here are my last workouts of the month. It was DH's birthday and he wanted to take a fishing trip for his birthday. Unfortunately we didn't catch fish but we had a nice time.

Friday (2/21) - Barlates Sculpt It Series: Mat Workout + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1026
Sunday (2/23) - The Firm: Upper Body + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1027
Monday (2/24) - The Firm: Standing Legs + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1025
Tuesday (2/25) - Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred: Level 3 + Shaun T's Cize: Living in the 8s
Saturday (2/29) - Barlates Bounce Series: Total Body

Nora, I used to use heavier weights also. But it really stresses my joints so I don't attempt those any more. I've never done P90X. I think everyone was doing that one when I took my 10 year break from home workouts. What is a "halvsies" rotation? Nice workout week.

Penguin, good workouts. That is strange that they wouldn't tell your hubby more about the job before he went for an interview. Sounds like it would have also avoided them wasting their time. It would be hard to do cold calls today. Many of us don't answer our phone if we don't recognize the number. Hopefully your hubby will finish the camper quickly.

Sherri
, I hope your back is better. You did some nice recovery workouts. JS is a good choice, especially the Feel Good Fusion workouts. I also like to do Ellen's Crunch workouts when I need recovery workouts.

SB, do you know what helped eliminate your sciatic pain? Good job with your walking and workouts. I'm always impressed that you brave the cold weather.

Waves to All!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 09:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I don't have any workouts to report for yesterday but I wanted to start the new thread for March. I have a double shift today so maybe I'll try some kettlebell swings but that's it.

TAMMIE, another great varied workout week for you. Nice job. Glad DH had a nice time on his fishing trip. I'm really not sure how I resolved my sciatic pain.
It had been plaguing me for a good year or more and then one day I realized it was just about gone. I'm very careful with forward bending, the minute I feel a twinge I back off. I know I was taking advil just about every day for awhile there. Not ideal but that may have helped also.

I'm starting the new March thread now!!

Have a great day everyone!!